Old 10-12-2009, 12:34 AM   #16  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

hey everyone...

my name is salvina, and i'm from nyc. i'm 26, and i'm a social worker.
i lost weight with weight watchers a few years ago, and i'm back now to lose the rest! i joined about three weeks ago, and i'm slowly getting back to eating healthfully.
that is my main goal- to be healthy...i have about 100lbs to lose, and i know i've got a long way to go, but i'm dedicated this time...no more excuses, just going to finally treat my body well
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/120/125

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

My name is Molly. I am new to posting, but not new to the site. I have lost weight over the last 6 years in a variety of ways, but I didn't try Weight Watchers until the last year. I do it from home and it has really helped me with the last 20lbs so far!

Can't wait to get to know you all!
Mollewogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 216/216/150

Hi, my name is Lori & I'm 48 yrs old with 3 teenagers & an overgrown kid in the house..all of us are too fat :-( I just signed up for WW at work last week. I'm hoping some of the healthy eating will rub off on the rest of the family but it'll be tough - I'm not the chief cook.

I'm eager to do well with this and now it looks like I need to buy a wii fit to get me exercising!
stamperlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:20 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 221/199/150

Hi everyone.. My name is Zabrina.. I started ww Oct 7th.. I am 33 and a mom of 2 lil girls... One day i just looked in mirror and realized i need to lose some weight.. Since i started on the 7th of oct i have lost 19 pounds using ww points system!!!
zhorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #20  
Jodi

Wink

Hi My name is Jodi I am 37 and the mother of a 10 year old daughter and 3 year old son. I am recently divorced. I have lost nearly 50 pounds and have another 30 to get off. I am struggling with those last 30 and since I know weight watchers works I am going to try it starting today!!
fastmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #21  
rrc

S/C/G: 203.8/186.2/133.8

Height: 5'2"

Default Hello From MI!

Hi All, my name is Robin. I am a 42 year old woman that lives in Northern MI. I have joined WW at least a dozen times in the past. The most I lost was 36 lbs but have since gained all of that back and more. Before this I have always wanted to lose weight for vanity reasons; an upcoming wedding/reunion/party, to look good in a pair of jeans/dress/tight sweater (they're ALL tight now-lol).

But this time is different. I am 5'2" and 200.5 lbs. I feel like crud, I breath hard when I go up and down the stairs, my face turns red when I tie my shoes, my cholesterol is sky high. This time I am doing it so that I can be healthier, live longer, be around when I have grandkids someday. Don't get me wrong, I want to look good too, but I really just want to feel physically better.

I have a 17 year old son that lives 1200 miles away from me. He will be graduating in June 2010. By that time I would like to have lost a significant amount of weight. I am very motivated to do this and what usually screws me up is my lack of willpower and my huge appetite. This time I will succeed (plus the fact that I want my ex-husband to eat his heart out when he sees how gorgeous I am!!).
rrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 177/177/140

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone I am 22 and have struggled with me weight always. I am now at the highest I have ever been at 177. It is completley devestating. Last year I graduated from college and was down to 160. and was working my way down. I got a new job and moved home and now all I do is eat This is my first day on weight watchers again and I really want to do it and keep with it. When I have control it feels so much better. I can not believe I got this big. So heres hopen and starting...
buggurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:33 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 226/156/155

Hi all. My name is Maren and I'm in the Oklahoma City area. I am 37 and a teacher, as well as mom to two boys.

I've been on Weight Watchers several times, the most significant of which was after I had my second son. When he was about six months old I was around 255, and WW helped me get down to 196. Nursing and getting to eat those nursing points REALLY helped. Over the last 7 years I've yo-yoed from 206-226 repeatedly.

My husband and I finally decided to do WW online together last summer. Since July 26 I've lost 36 lbs. and he's lost 30. We both feel great and we are both thinner than when we met.

While I'm thrilled to be at 191, I'm curious to see what my body looks like in my "Normal" BMI of 155 or lower, so I'm going to keep going. I haven't been 155 since I was 14 years old. Right now I'm lower than I've been my entire adult life.

So in addition to doing WW, I am doing Zumba almost every day. The weight isn't coming off any more quickly, even though I've been doing it a while now. Any clues/hints about exercise points? I read something that said many people need to eat half of their exercise points, so I've been doing that. Does anyone else have any other info?

Thanks, and glad to be here!

Maren
mareneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #24  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Hi all. My name is Chris, I am 41 yrs old and live in southern California with my husband of 4 1/2 yrs, our cat and our pug. We have no children. I am a graduate student, getting a masters in Library & Information Science to be a librarian. I am not new to 3FC, I've been coming here for years. My husband and I are doing WW together via the monthly passes. We started in August. We love it, we don't feel deprived at all and it feels like something we can do forever.

I don't really have a good reason for gaining weight, it just slowly started to creep on and before I knew it, I was 100 lbs overweight. My challenges to weight loss are that I hate exercising and I am an emotional eater.

I look forward to interacting with you all. I hope I stick around this time.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:32 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 205/192/170

Height: 5'3

Hi My name is Doris from Central NY. I am 46 and a CNA , Married to the most wondeful guy, Mother of 4 and 8 grandkids . I started WW in Dec /09 going to meetings and doing the online etools. so far is slow but good.Last year around May my highest weight was 205 my Dr gave some meds to help me abut the side effects was horrible so I stop taking them I did drop some weight but not worth the SE. In Dec I joined WW meetings. Now Im only doing the online version and trying to stay on track. Good luck everyone.
Lanetika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 194/192/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Robin I am also in northern MI - stay warm and good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc View Post
Hi All, my name is Robin. I am a 42 year old woman that lives in Northern MI. I have joined WW at least a dozen times in the past. The most I lost was 36 lbs but have since gained all of that back and more. Before this I have always wanted to lose weight for vanity reasons; an upcoming wedding/reunion/party, to look good in a pair of jeans/dress/tight sweater (they're ALL tight now-lol).

But this time is different. I am 5'2" and 200.5 lbs. I feel like crud, I breath hard when I go up and down the stairs, my face turns red when I tie my shoes, my cholesterol is sky high. This time I am doing it so that I can be healthier, live longer, be around when I have grandkids someday. Don't get me wrong, I want to look good too, but I really just want to feel physically better.

I have a 17 year old son that lives 1200 miles away from me. He will be graduating in June 2010. By that time I would like to have lost a significant amount of weight. I am very motivated to do this and what usually screws me up is my lack of willpower and my huge appetite. This time I will succeed (plus the fact that I want my ex-husband to eat his heart out when he sees how gorgeous I am!!).
mhosner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone. My name is Emily and I live in the midwest. My weight has always yo-yo'ed, but the last couple years I have been out of control. I'm starting my third week of WW and so far I have lost 4.5 pounds. My starting weight was 195.5. My goal weight is 135. Thank you for all the support on this board.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #28  
fergi

S/C/G: 197.5/188.8/160

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone. My name is Christel and I live in Texas. I started WW in Oct. 2008 and lost 22 pounds. Started Kickboxing 4 days a week. Stopped WW but continued the kickboxing. I was able to maintain the weight I lost but needed to lose more. In November my parents were in a car accident and my mom was transported to the hospital for chest pains. After many tests she was diagnosed with Lymphoma. If the accident never occurred then we would not have known she had cancer.

Now with a few more obstacles that have come up I have decided to stop sitting around feeling sorry for myself and get back to work. I am looking to lose 30 pounds and have set small goals for myself. Kickboxing classes start back up for me tonight. Plus we bought another puppy so walking our two bassets twice a day helps as well.

I have two beautiful daughters that I would like to pass down a healthy lifestyle too. I don't want them to struggle with weight or worry about what other people think of them. It's a harsh world especially when you are looking at it from a teenagers eyes. Yes I have two teenage girls......LOL.
fergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 261/206/180

Height: 6'0

Hi. I am Tammy. I am 30 and a newlywed. I have been with WW off and on since 2006. I reached my all time high of 307 pounds in 2006. I joined WW and lost over 100 pounds. From then, it has been a struggle. Over the past year, I have gained a lot of weight (me and my hubby love to eat and cook. He has packed on the pounds to). I am resolved to lose this extra weight and this time, keep it off :-)
tammygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #30  

Default New to site

Hello all, I am new to the site, but not new to dieting. I weigh in at 282.4 and have been struggling with keeping myself at point seriously since October. I am determined that I can get this weight off.

I am 44 and am just now beginning to see the negative effects (physical) of all this weight, pinched nerve which renders my left leg numb, back pain, asthma, PCOS, knee problems, and sleep apnea.

I have been struggling with this woe since summer, but really decided to put my heart into it in October, I've not been very successful, actually gaining weight since summer, but I can't stop trying.

I look forward to getting to know everybody.

bbb
basketballbelly is offline   Reply With Quote