3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers

WW General Forum Meet and Greet

Old 04-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #196
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 278.2/252.2/185

Height: 5'7"

Hi, I'm Tina and the mother of one daughter, who is in college, and I am about to be a step Mom to 3 additional children, ages 17, 19, and 21. Wow it looks more real when i type it. lol My husband-to-be is the most wonderful supportive man every!! I am 45 and have struggled with my weight all my life. I have done WW twice before but it never clicked, like it has them time. I guess it was the fact that I never did it for me until now. This time it is for me and only me. I had kept all my old WW points stuff, so I am just using that, I'm not attending any meetings but may do that later. I'm really excited about my decision and after 4 weeks on plan I have lost 18 lbs. And I'm so glad that I found this site, everyone here is so supportive. Thanks guys!!!!

Last edited by tinamparker : 04-09-2012 at 10:32 AM.
tinamparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #197

S/C/G: 158/133.3/130

Height: 5'7

Hey Everyone!! Im Annie, mama to my best buddy, Kal, who just turned 2 on the 7th (eeek!) and a proud Navy wife to my wonderful husband, Jason. I have been on the 25lb roller coaster ride for as long as I can remember. Up to 155, then crash dieting to get back to 130 as quickly as possible. I have always just counted calories, but that obviously wasnt working anymore. So I decided to give WW a try and I LOVE it!! Eating right FINALLY clicks and it has been fabulous. I started the WW points plus online Jan 9 and am down 20 lbs, leaving 8 more to go! I started running around the middle of Jan and am now up to 5+ miles at a time averaging about 9:40 per mile, which is a HUGE accomplishment for me. Ive recently become a spin addict as well (totallllly recommend it!). Looking forward to getting support here to get rid of these last 8 lbs and maintain a healthy lifestyle! )
onelove0427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #198
zumbaholic!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone my name is Lisa I'm 25 yrs old have an almost 2yr old and married almoat 4yrs. I always put everyone before me so it was kind of hard to see i myself needed help and needed to out myself first for once! After having my son I went on birth control and pretty much blew up from there! It was quite sad I went from 222lbs to 294lbs that's a lot of weight to gain in a yr and a half or so....I was sooo disappointed ib myself. How can I let myself go like this ...and then when jeans stopped fitting I said thats it somethings gotta give! So i started weight watchers....I have not looked back since I've lost about 17lbs thus far with many more to go but I kno that if I stay positive n look for support that i will be able to get to my goal. I also do zumba at lucille Roberts and that def keeps me mobitel while losing i luv it! I hope i can find friends here that will keep me motovated becaused sometimes it gets a bit difficult to keep on track
I kno this time around its lisas time to shine n b a lil selfish .
strawleyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:57 AM   #199

S/C/G: 325/277.6/260

Height: 5'5"

Default Tcb

I rejoined WW w/an initial personal goal of 30 lbs. I pulled that number out of thin air, but it's close to 10% of my weight. I've left the option of an additional two 10 lb. mini goals after that. And psychologically, I think these goals are a good match for me.

Since March 7, 2012, I've lost almost 18 lbs., including the weekend of the food poisoning incident. Hey, it hasn't come back so I'm counting it!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #200

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'8"

Default Hi everyone!

My name is Amanda and I'm 28 years old. I'm sort of new to Weight Watchers. lol When I was about 12/13 years old my mom signed me up to go along with her to meetings. I remember having success then so a couple of months ago I signed up for WW on my own. I've hit a couple of bumps in the road with the program but I am back on track and doing very well.

I've been lurking on this forum for a while and I just want to say that this forum has been so helpful for me. Just reading other posts have been a great tool in helping me to stay focused. Thanks guys!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:44 PM   #201
Aussie girl

S/C/G: 210/146/146

Height: 5'4

Hi! I am Nikki. I am 36. Mother of an 18 year old son Ashley who has Fragile X Syndrome. It is a form of Autism. I am from Australia but moved here to the US about 3.5 years ago.

I have been a member of WW off and on since 2001. When I first signed up I was only about 5lb heavier than I am now at goal weight.

I have never stuck with it until this time. Life would usually get in the way. This time I stuck with it and lost a total of 55lbs. I reached Lifetime in March this year. I had already lost 10lb before joining.
electrongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #202

S/C/G: 232/155/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. I joined here after starting WW at the end of January for the first time. I weighed 242 in Jan of last year and started WW at 232- no idea how I dropped those 10.

I just got my 16 week charm and have lost 37.7 lbs so far and I absolutely love it! The structure, the keeping strict track of what I eat and being able to choose what I want from real and normal food, along with the meetings where I love my leader and all of the people there seem to be working together for me to finally achieve a slow and healthy weight loss! And the best part is- I really feel like this is something I can do for the rest of my life. In the past, I'd do crazy diets and lose weight fairly fast but in the back of my mind was the voice promising I could eat ice cream, cookies, Whoppers, jif Chocolate Silk, etcetc as soon as I dropped xx-lbs. And I'd gain it all back plus some.

I swear, I could do commercials for them if they'd let me, lol!

So yeah...love me some WW.
LauraK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #203

Hi everyone! My name is Erica. I'm 25 years old and I'm a mother to a 4 year girl, Shea. My husband and I will make our 5 year anniversary in August. I've always stuggled with being a bigger girl but right now it's just gotten out of control. I was pregnant when I was in college and I only gained 20 pounds with my pregnancy because I had to walk all over campus everyday up. I lost the 20 pounds easily after I had my daughter. I was a stay at home mom and then I started working part time for a while and now I'm working full time. I have seen the number on the scale slowly go up but now with me working full time and getting everything done I usually just pick up fast food for lunch or supper and the scale now reads 163...a number is even higher than when I went in for delivery!! I'm absolutely miserable! I'm going to try to do WW at home and do the old plan. Hopefully I'll start seeing the pounds drop because I need to get motivated and I'm hoping this forum will help me do that.
Kallie724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #204

S/C/G: 192.4/150.6/140

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone. My name is Cheryl. I'm 42 years old and I'm a mother to my son Ben. I'll be married 12 years in Oct. I've had a life long struggle with weight. No diets ever worked for me for long. I originally joined WW in Oct. 2006 - met my goal in May 2007 and lifetime June 2007. I maintained my WW goal for approx. 4 years. Since then I've been hovering around paying. I'm currently paying for WW. I'm 4.6 over WW goan and 10.6 over MY goal. I'm severly unmotivated and embarassed.
lifetime06222007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #205

S/C/G: 245/181/135

Height: 5'3"

Hello. This is Moe and I just started WW Points Plus online this week. I had some success with calorie counting in the past (lost 90 pounds in a year), but when I started a new job three years ago the weight started coming back at the rate of around 10 pounds/year. I tried over and over again to go back to the magic combination that had worked in the past, but fell into a cycle of losing five and gaining ten.

I'm hoping WW Points will be the change my body needs to start shedding pounds again. I was baffled by the idea of fruit being zero points, but I'm excited to give it a shot. It is surprisingly easy to stick with and I seem to have a few points extra each day without ever being hungry. I can definitively recognize the difference in my choices. I'm choosing much healthier foods, and not overindulging (read - stress binging) at all.

Since this is my first week. I have not been exercising at all. Trying to give myself a week to get used to the eating plan and add that in next week. I'm curious about how everyone uses their "weekly points." I haven't dipped into them at all, and I told my husband that maybe our end of the week pizza lunch may not be off the table with this program.

I'm excited to hear about everyone's progress, and hope to share my own!
MoeAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #206

S/C/G: 190/ticker/135

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone! My name is Rebecca and I'm 23 and FINALLY finishing college this coming December in Political Science and National Security Studies. Since I work full time and go to school full time I just couldn't really find the right motivation to help me lose weight until I joined WW on memorial day. I decided hey, why the heck not? I'm about to go for a bunch of jobs so that I can start my career. I want to feel confident when I walk into interviews. So I did, and now I've lost 5 lbs already! I have about another 45 to go, but I'm very excited and I'm very motivated for the first time in years. Absolutely love the fact that fruit is zero points. Why pick up that piece of pound cake when I can have some really delicious watermelon?

I hope to continue this downward trend and to get to know all of you guys as I do!

Current mini goal:
175 lbs by 02/14/13: Reward - 1 Hour Hot Stone Massage
redrose8988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #207

S/C/G: 115/79.1/75kg

Height: 160

I am Anne, 68, retired and was with WW for 15 months and am now flying solo although still using and loving the pro point program. To date I have lost 39kg ( around 85 pound) and found a new zest for life.
I am an artist and work in acrylics, oil and mostly water colour and my other main interest is book mending for the local high school.
Wife, mother and grandmother makes for a busy life. Nice to 'read' you all.
Goanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #208

S/C/G: 202/202/135

Height: 5'4"

I must say Goanna you DO NOT look 68!!! Give me hope that soon I can be my very best as I want to be very healthy, at goal (I need to lose 65 pounds) and pleased with how I look when I'm 60, and that gives me a little less than 4.5 years.

Im Rebecca, I'm 55 years old and I am a wife, mother of a daughter that will be 30 in August and Mammaw to Alyssa (just turned 6) and Gracelynn "Gracie" (just turned 3). I work in a daycare in the 2 year old room. I have the sole responsibility of caring for my almost 86 year old mother that was in an auto accident 4 years ago so I have doc appts, grocery, getting her out to eat (as she says, sanity health) and shopping when she needs to as well as watching my 2 granddaughters while my daughter works (I only work part time, that is I get PAID for part time, my granddaughter sitting only pays in hugs/kisses, lol)

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:36 AM   #209

S/C/G: 115/79.1/75kg

Height: 160

Thank you Rebecca and welcome. It is a busy job being a full time carer. I was my mothers 24x7 for several years until she passed. I totally relate to your workload. I am pleased to see that you are taking time out for yourself and your own health. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
Goanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #210

S/C/G: 196/180/155

Height: 5'9''

Hi! My name is Leah. I am 20 years old and married to a really awesome, handsome man. He is an Airman First Class in the U.S. Air Force stationed in North Dakota, and I'm living the military life along with him. That stage of our lives might be ending soon, but for now it's the one thing that defines our lives the most. I am starting school in a few weeks to get a few certifications in Administrative Assisting and am currently in search of a job. I am in love with my Olde English Bulldog, Sam, and have a Cerebellar Hypoplasia cat (definitely look it up!) named Kai.

I am on a journey to go from 196 pounds to 155 pounds and have already lost about 15. I am 5'9'' and definitely not petite! You could say I am somewhat big boned, and I like that. I want to lose weight mostly because I knew if I kept up my old habits I would quickly become someone who hated the way she looked. I felt like I was out of control and that it would just get worse. So I took control back and joined Weight Watchers! I am learning how to come away from old habits and practice new ones that will help me maintain a healthier weight for the rest of my life. I go to the gym two or three times a week but try to get activity more through housework and exercise with my husband.

I joined this forum to gain from y'all's experiences, share my own tips, tricks, and progress, and to have people (other than my poor husband!) to talk about weight watchers.

So, hey guys!
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.