Old 10-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/130

Height: 5 foot

Hi everyone! I've been hanging around for a little over 2 weeks now. I restarted (for good this time) my weight watchers journey on October 3rd! My work (I'm a teacher) has a program going among us..."*school name*'s Biggest Loser!" There are about 20 of us who joined the first session (October 3 - The last day before Christmas Break). We each paid $10 to join and all that money went into the "kitty"...The only money that has come out of the kitty was used to purchase a GOOD scale for us. Every monday (unless our Coach isn't here, then tuesday) we weigh in. Coach is the only one who sees our actual numbers. If we gain, we have to pay 25 cents per pound! Coach calculates our percentage lost each week and lets us know how everyone's doing. At the end of the session, whoever has lost the most percentage will get the money in the kitty (around $184 now)!! We'll start a second session when we come back in January. I'm very excited about this program because it's giving me even more support and incetive to reach my goal. My co-workers are amazing support....Everyone on my grade level has done an amazing job in these 3 weeks and showed a loss overall. (Personally I'm 6.6 pounds down in these 3 weeks).

Already, I thank everyone on this forum for their advice and support You've already all been wonderful!
KatRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:25 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 166/166/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default New here, but not new to weight loss

Hello!
This is my second trip around to 3FC. About a year and a half ago I did Ideal Protien and I was in that forum. Unfortunatly, I have lost, regained, lost and regained, etc (you get it) the same 20-40#'s 3 times now. The first time it was sheer luck. (well, only if you consider severe stress luck) But that's how 30#'s literally just fell off of me over about 3 months. I kept it off for another 6 or 7 months before the slippery slope to re-gaining started. About 8 months later, back at my top weight I made the first conscious decision that I didn't want to be fat. I started the South Beach Diet and stayed on it for 13 months. I lost 24#'s. I had 6 to go. Then, I got sidetracked, and the slippery slope. 9 months later, back at my top weight, I started Ideal Protien. 5 months, tons of money, and 38#'s later, I was as thin as I was when I got married 19 yrs ago. I looked a little too thin, but I just wanted to see if I really could get down to 124#'s again. A month later..yep, the slippery slope. Now here I am, 13 months after being my thinnest in 14 years, back at my heaviest weight.

I chose W.W. because I need to just eat a healthy, regular diet that won't really change when I reach my goal. Also there is a group that meets at my work, and also, I believe in it as a program that does work. As a healthcare provider, I encourage my patients to live this program.

All of that said I am cautiously optimistic. We are embarking on the worst 3 months of the year to eat healthy. I have so many *feast-worthy* events coming up, I am trying to plan a way to enjoy myself without sabbatoging my efforts.

I look forward to reading everyone's successes!

Midwifemom
Midwifemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 166/166/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default testing ticker (sorry!)

test..
Midwifemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 275/275/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Brand New Member

I am a new member here and a returning member of Weight Watchers. It has always worked in the past and realized just how much I need to return.

I am married almost 10 years to a wonderful man (and a very cute cat) who is joining me as we both have weight to lose. My health has been steadily (but slowly) decreasing and I am tired of it. One main problem I have is I have a home based business which means I am in front of the computer 8+ hours a day. I find it difficult to take the breaks I so desperately need and am then achy by the end of the day. And it hasn't helped that I have been out of the exercise loop (not to mention I never really liked it).

But I am now ready to turn my life around. We have been on WW only 3 days and at times find it frustrating to right down all the food and track the points...researching the points being the worst. BUT I realize that once I get into the habit, and make my most liked foods a favorite on the tracker, it will be MUCH easier.

I am very excited to have found this forum and look forward to meeting some new friends. If only there were a WW for felines

Last edited by debsline; 11-05-2011 at 07:50 PM. Reason: My mistake
debsline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #170  
Tim Curry is my bf

S/C/G: 208/205/140

Hello! I'm a 24-year-old student studying to be an intermediate/secondary teacher (junior and high school). I've had WW stuff (calculator, food guide, restaurant guide, and daily tracker) since June but I haven't really made use of it. I've had lots of ups and downs with my weight and if you're really interested you can read about it in my 3FC blog, but I am about to do my teaching internship in January and I'd like my confidence up and my weight down! I don't go to the weekly meetings because I'm a poor student.
I'm looking to lose about 65lbs and keep it off! Hopefully I can be held accountable here.
Rocky Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 174/174/130

Height: 5'6

Hey everybody. My name is Jessica, and I'm a 29 year old wife and mother of three, ages 2, 4, and 10. My kids keep me pretty busy, but somehow, I've managed to gain weight that I'm unhappy and uncomfortable with. I have always been very small pretty much all of my life, and after I had my last daughter, I found my weight skyrocket up to 180lbs! Through a Biggest Loser contest at my job, I won the contest, and lost 35lbs! I maintained my weight until losing my job around a year later, and somehow, I have found myself with 15 more pounds back on myself.

With no Biggest Loser contest going on, and a husband who has a metabolism that would allow him to eat a full cow without gaining an ounce, I need help and the motivation to keep myself going on this weight loss journey!!

I hope this forum will allow me to have some people to push me further!
jrangel129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:31 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 250.6/see ticker/185/?

Height: 5'8"

Default Welcome, Jessica!

Hi Jessica,
Congratulations on your success!
Keep going; that extra weight will be off in no time.
Judy
Lil Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 316/288/210

Height: 5'4"

Hello All!

My name is Liz. I am the mommy of one 18 month old boy, and the wife to the most understanding husband in the world. Since getting pregnant with my son, I have reached numbers that I would have never thought possible on the scale. For some reason, my thyroid has been all over the place since his birth, which has made weight loss REALLY hard for me.

I started ww on October 30th, and I am in love with the program. I have tried so many other diets only to begin to fixate on what i wasn't allowed until I gave in and binged on the no-no food. I have lost 10lbs since I started, and I am only a few lbs short of my first mini goal. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone!
SocialDeimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:28 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 240/193/160

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up hello!

My name is Danielle and I am a 23 year old working in the medical field in New York. I have been following this forum for about two months, after it came up in a search engine result when I googled "weight loss success stories." I am glad I found this place! The community seems welcoming, and as I am doing ww online due to my crazy work schedule, it would be nice to interact with others who are doing the same thing I am doing.

I've been overweight/obese for as long as I can remember. My weight loss epiphany came in February when chronic migraines and other health issues were ruining my life. After a very scary non-weight related diagnosis made me appreciate living a long and healthy life, I decided to reconsider my eating habits. My Dr also said that my migraines may decrease in intensity and frequency if I lost some weight. He was right; I've seen a dramatic reduction since I've lost some weight.

I lost 20lbs from march to June, gained five back, then started ww in September at 225 lbs. Since September, I have been very diligent about eating the right foods and not going over and am hovering at around 200lbs. I havnt been this weight since senior year of hs and I can officially fit in to my senior prom dress! Can't say the same about my jr prom dress, though. Yet.

My goal is 160. I've never weighed that as an adult at my current height, but I am looking forward to getting there. I know it won't be easy, but I have faith in myself and all of the members of this forum that we can get there!

Hello to all of you and I look forward to participating and interacting with you!
mallogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 316/288/210

Height: 5'4"

Mallogen: Welcome! I am doing ww online as well, and look forward to having someone to chat with about it! Best luck reaching your goal!
SocialDeimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 178/175/130

Height: 5' 6"

Default New to WW and 3 fat chicks

Hello, I started WW at home 3 days ago and finding that I really like it. I am looking for some friends so we can support one another.

I am 43 years old and it seems the weight has just slowly creeped up on me through the years, not loosing all the weight from having 3 babies was a good part of it, then almost 3 years ago I lost my 16 year old son in a tragic hunting accident with my nephew, since then I have gained almost 40 lbs. I also went through a divorce during that time of a 23 year marriage. I have been since blessed with a wonderful fience, who was an answer to prayers, he says he loves me just the way I am, but I am so unhappy with myself, I am so uncomfortable in my own body. I live on a farm in central missouri and I have a online shop on Etsy called the willows whisper. I make and sell nature inspired toy and sell vintage/antiques. How do I attach the weight tracker to my posts?

Last edited by MikesBabyDoll; 12-01-2011 at 10:28 AM.
MikesBabyDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 169/163/145

Height: 5'11"

Another online WW member here.
lobsteriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 236/236/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Getting excited about possible weight loss...

Hi Everyone,

My name is Rolanda and I'm a 30 yr. single mom of a 9 year old boy. I started with Weight Watchers at work n August of this year, and I lost 10 pounds by October. Once the next session started, I wasn't focused like I was before and I started gaining it right back. I have really bad eating habits and would much rather pick up dinner from a fast food place or a restaurant than cook if I get off work late. I'm hoping to change that soon. Someone in my WW meeting said to just make 3 healthy meals during the weekends and eat variations of the leftovers during the week. I'm going to try that this weekend and see if that helps. My total weight loss is now 7 pounds (and that's since August) and I decided to actually work the plan again and see how it goes. I also joined a 30 minute bootcamp class at work that meets 3 times a week. My goal is to lose 2 pounds a week - that's 20 pounds by February! Wish me luck!
Rolo906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 156/152.2/130

Height: 5'4

Default New to 3FC but not WW...just coming back

Hello I am Colleen and I am 38, wife and mother of 3 (6, 10 & 11). I have been married for 7 years. I work 30+ hours a week, I am a part time student (only 5 classes away) and life is crazy.

In 2003/2004 I love about 40 lbs with the flex plan for my wedding. Shortly after I got married I got pregnant and ever since then I have done many different diets and have lost and gained the same weight for ever.

I am doing the momentum program since i don't like the new points plus as it did not work for me.

I am hoping for support here as the old board I was on when I was doing it seriously has done a belly flop.
mom2my3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:59 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 244.8/243.2/145

Default new to this site

Hello my name is Andrea and I joined WW almost 3 weeks ago. Starting back because I know its the only diet program that works. I just have to stick to going to the meetings. I'm 38 yrs old, full time college student but graduating May 2012. So happy!!!
nanu123464 is offline   Reply With Quote