3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Supporting Each Other on our Weight Loss Journey! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/175220-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

Clydegirl 07-24-2009 11:58 AM

Morning girls.

I went and weighed in this morning, not my usual day but I wanted to get weighed. I was down 3.2lbs :) So happy to see that. I think the difference this week was we started walking again. My daughter and I had got out of the habit after our 5k that we did on the 4th. We picked it up again last weekend so i know that helped on the weight loss.

Faye we are in such a tight division at the moment. Top 4 teams within 2 games of each other. I did not enjoy being swept by the Astros. Now we have 3 against the Phillies. There is a good baseball thread in the general chatter forum if you want to pop over there.

Not much going on this weekend.

Roundpeg how did you get on at the doctor. I hope she can help. Have you ever had a sleep study? That may help answer some questions for you.

Enjoy the day.

roundpeg 07-24-2009 08:25 PM

Clydegirl: Thanks for asking about the doctor, I got to the office to find that she doesn't accept my insurance anymore, despite the fact that she is listed by my insurance. That is frustrating :mad:. I always check to make sure that a doctor is on the web site "find a doctor" page, but apparently that is no more current than the booklet they send out.

I have been seeing this doctor for years, finding a new doctor stinks. But, she is still my DD's doctor, so they got their annual check ups. Plus, the kids got their teeth cleaned and we went shopping. They picked out some cute clothes and shoes.

I have always been overweight and have never paid alot of attention to styles and fashion. Raising daughters who are becoming much more aware of fashion is weird for me. But they found some stuff on clearance, plus I had a 15% off coupon :carrot: and they had fun!

We had Chick-fil-a for lunch, I had a 5 pt sandwich.

They have gone to their dad's for the weekend so I will work at the nursing home all weekend. Gotta fit mowing the yard in there too.

I am not feeling like I lost much this weekend, but I did better exercising so I'll take that even if the scale doesn't smile for me Sunday.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

ASH0424 07-25-2009 09:15 AM

Ladies thanks for all of the encouragement. My WI day is Wednesday, but I am going to WI today just to see where I am at since I didn't weight in this past Wednesday knowing I had probably gained with everything going on.

To Linda, yes I think I was actually pregnant too and lost it because the "stuff" was thicker than normal and for literally from Wed-Friday I was feeling like someone had kicked me in the gut. I was drained and actually was blessed my son just sat and played cars while I lazed about the house. I also think I had the flu or something at one point as now my son is getting sick..I thought that last week, but with what I thought were pregnancy symptoms I just chalked it up to that. Who knows, but you all are right, that's over with.

I am back, feel loads better. I am just trusting in the Lord to get me through this time and am more than ready to get back on track. I know this is not a good thing to say but I am going to start again fresh Monday! I know I can do it tomorrow, or right now..but I just seem to do better when I start things on Monday...sad, but at least honest.

I can say I've missed being on here.
You gals are great.
Again thanks for the uplifiting comments.

roundpeg 07-26-2009 05:02 PM

Today was my WI in day and I was up .4 pounds, my first time to not lose.

I did stay on points all week, I had a few over days and a few under days but my average was OP.

BUT, I did eat out three times! Even my 10yo DD commented that we had eaten out 3 times, that rarely happens. So I am sure my sodium intake was increased this week. So even though my points were OK, the empty calories and sodium was higher. And, I started working out this week, so maybe that made me hold on to more fluid.

That healthier choice I made at chick-fil-a, eating a 5 pt sandwich an no fries, had over 1500 mg of sodium. And no telling how much sodium that ridiculous sandwich I ate for two days had in it.

Humor me and let me believe it is a sodium issue that caused my slight gain this week. :^:

Went to the grocery store, stocked up on my healthy stuff for the week, found Smart Ones frozen dinners for 99 cents. (Where is the cents sign on my keyboard!). They only had one type left, I hope they are good since I bought four of them.

Hope everyone has a more successful next WI than I did. But as long as I learned something from it, I guess it can't be called failure.

roundpeg 07-26-2009 05:05 PM

Of course I had to look it up and that sandwich had over 2000 mg of sodium!

Considering I have drastically cut back on my processed foods, I am sure all those cells are just in salt overload!

Clydegirl 07-26-2009 08:32 PM

I'm not having a good day. I want to eat everything in sight.

Roundpeg it could be the sodium :)

roundpeg 07-27-2009 09:05 AM

Ash: Glad you are feeling better

Clyde: I hope you made it through yesterday OK.

I bought a salad spinner yesterday, I have never owned one before. I also bought a pair of jeans that are waaaaay too small (Goodwill store 99 cents - still can't find the cents sign!) I am a size 16, they are a size 10, thought I would try them on once a month or so for additional feedback. Surprisingly, I got them up over my thighs, I had that very attractive stuffed sausage thing going, but once I got into hip land, ha ha!!

Hey, I have a question. If you are measuring your "hips", do saddlebags count in that number or are saddlebags a whole 'nother territory? I seem to have too many zones, breast, waist, pooch, hips, saddlebags, thighs...

I hope everyone has a great kick off for their week!

gma22 07-27-2009 09:47 AM

Good morning everyone! I should be cleaning house and here I sit goofing off. The kids got home safe and sound and had a grand time in China. I guess Thomas was a huge hit. The Chinese mobbed him wanting to have their picture taken with him. Tom said the folks from the outlaying areas never see anyone with red hair and red is the lucky color for the Chinese so they clamored to get a picture with Thomas. I guess it was so bad in Bejing that they actually stood in line at Tiennaman Square to have their pic taken. I told Thomas he should have charged for it he could have been rich! :)

Clyde needs to close her eyes and not look as I am going to say something painful. Cubs overtook the Cardinals and are in first place! :carrot: Don't know how long it will last, but I will take it while I can get it! We are going through another round of injuries so this may be a one day thing. We have two of our pitching starters on the dl, sheesh!

Clyde: Don't you absolutely hate those, "I could eat the furniture" days? I had a whole week of that and I thought I was going crazy.

RP: Get your dr to recommend someone who basically has their ideas and theories, etc so you can find someone else you like as well. I have to change dr about every 3 years because our practice is basically interns and move on. Of course I always felt like cattle when Jack was in the Navy because you were basically herded around.

Ash: It is not unusual that Mondays are always best for us. We program ourselves from toddlers that way. We leave home for day care on Mondays, we start the school week on Mondays, work, same way so starting dieting on Monday is brand new so to speak as least in our brains. It isn't this way so much anymore because people tend to overschedule even on weekends, but the time off rests us so we are ready to do it again on Monday.

Hope everyone has a terrific week!
Faye

choices 07-27-2009 01:04 PM

Heat wave here...

Who would ever think that the NW famous for rain,is in the middle of a major heat wave. They are talking double digits...105...yikes! Not much good to say about it other than I'm not cooking...and don't have much of a appetite. Having been missing in action on the posting..(Hi to Kira chick, I havn't been able to try any of your recipes yet,but hope to soon. Weigh in is in a hr.,and I've done my walk very very early this a.m. before making my bed,or coffee! I do hope we all have a successful week,taking care of ourselves in the best possible ways. We can do this!;) Choices

Clydegirl 07-27-2009 01:49 PM

Faye I don't know how long it will last either :) You should pop over to the baseball thread, lots of fun people.

Yeesterday was terrible I was eating everything in sight. I hope it doesn't put me up this week.

I'm bored and need to do something.

gma22 07-28-2009 09:35 AM

Good morning to you all! It is raining and coming down pretty hard at the moment. We are supposed to get rain all week. UGH! Means no swimming for me this week. I imagine I will go to the mall a couple times and do some walking.

I am down another 2 lbs this week. :carrot: We had a night and I came out of that pretty much unscathed so I am up and running for the rest of the week.

CG: Having been through it myself a couple weeks ago, I would suggest eating items with the lowest pts possible and just eat more of them. Better to have 5 2 pt items than one 10 pt one. Try and get some kind of protein at each meal and try and limit a lot of sugar or salt as they make you even more hungry. If you really have to have something outside the box, pick something you can control a bit. I usually go and get a large chili from Wendys and put some crackers and hot sauce in it. They usually put a lot of beans in it and it fills me up. It is 7 pts but it is better than 15 pt burger or fries or something. I noticed you guys won last night and we did too, but in 14 innings. We had a walk off grand slam, which was cool.

Choices: Good to see you peeking in. Hope your weigh in went well.

Working on finishing the wedding blanket and have started another project that is looking good.

Everyone have a great Tuesday!
Faye

Clydegirl 07-28-2009 05:20 PM

I'm supposed to weigh in tomorrow ugh.

I need to do it otherwise I will jinx myself.

Clydegirl 07-29-2009 12:19 PM

My weigh-in and I was down 0.2lbs. Whew that was a relief.

Now I'm all motivated to do better this week.

Where is everyone?

roundpeg 07-29-2009 01:33 PM

CG: Glad you showed a loss this week!

This week, the kids have been following their nutritional intake on the My Pyramid Tracker web site, just concentrating on eating their RDA's. It has been interesting too watch, in order to get the servings of food groups in, they have really had to each large healthy meals. It does really make you realize how much empty stuff it takes to feel full.

I have had a few weird days, I have had 7 and 8 points left over for the past fews day, including my sleepwalking food. I feel comletely full but am only consuming 900-1000 calories. I entered intake into a calorie counting website also, just to compare points to calories.

Mentally, I have difficulty making myself eat something just to use up points. Milk would be the easiest fix, I never get all my dairy. It just seems "wrong" to make myself consume more than I desire since my problem has always been desiring more than I need to consume.

I'll see what the scale does Sunday, I have had a good steady loss (except last week), if last weeks gain is a result of too few calories/points, I'll have to figure out how to wrap my mind around needing to eat more.

Kristinx 07-30-2009 02:21 PM

Hi everyone,

Weighed in today..a loss of 2.4 lbs! Very happy as I was away the weekend and only tracked 3 out of the 7 days this week :)