3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers

Supporting Each Other on our Weight Loss Journey!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #91

S/C/G: 198/ticker/148?

Height: 5'3"

Well, I just made my first conscious real bad choice, as far as WW goes. Up until now, if I needed to splurge, it was a planned splurge and I adjusted as needed to accommodate the birthday or whatever.

Tonight, I am physically tired, stressed and dealing with a major family issue. I just wanted some comfort food.

I bought a sandwich from a pizza place, the whole thing was 21 points. BUT, I ate half and promptly put the other half in the freezer with the points labeled. I accounted for the points and used one flex point-if I am done for the night.

It was really good.

But, it did not make me feel rested or less stressed. I am proud of myself for only eating half. Before, I would have eaten the whole thing PLUS a bunch of chips. I feel full and I guess the splurge was worth it since I learned food doesn't fix tired and stress. And it does take less food to fill me up now.

Last edited by roundpeg : 07-20-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #92
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Roundpeg kudos to you for how you handled that.

Stress and family always sends me first to the pantry.

Hope you are feeling better this morning.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #93

Roungpeg, I think you handled that well too.
I find that food does reduce stress levels and really is a problem for me sometimes.
Yesterday was crazy, I have so much to do. I did pretty well with eating.
I made one of those soda cakes while I had the oven on anyway yesterday. I love those! I used the reduced sugar chocolate cake mix that has Splenda in it and mixed it with 12 oz. of diet Pepsi. It's 3 points a serving and I had some Cool Whip over top of it. It's suffices so well for dessert and chocolate cravings.
I was very active throughout the day as well, I have no clue how many points I might have earned, but it was sure one of those days where I barely had a moment to think.
I am thinking that after I get back from my two upcoming vacations that I will try to get back to some WW meetings, but money is an issue lately. Everything is so expensive nowadays.

Trying to make a new commitment. Trying to get on track...I need help.

[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/] [/ur

Plaistow NH
Old 07-22-2009, 06:06 AM   #94

Good morning gals! It rained here all yesterday and last night but I am hoping it will move out early this morning so I can get a swim in.

RP: Way to go on what you did. Sometimes, no matter how hard we try, we just give in. The fact that you were strong enough to just put the other half away is a testament to your desire to lose the weight. When I am stressed, I clean, especially if I am mad about something. I have found my only real yearning is for donuts/pastries. It has probably been 4-5 months since I had a donut in my mouth and they call to me a lot but so far I have resisted. In fact, it is kind of comical, but a couple days ago I had to go to the store and pick up some bread and in our Krogers the bread is right across from the bakery. I got the bread and walked right past all the decorated cakes and pies and cookies with nary a glance, but there they were, a showcase of lovely multicolored donuts. I actually stood there for probably a minute debating. I kept seeing the sign that said "2 for a $1." My brain kept telling me what a bargain that was! I actually said out loud, "No, you know you cannot buy donuts!" I walked away and checked out. That was a close one though!

Linda: I will have to look for those cakes. I haven't seen them anywhere. I am not sure Jack would eat them as he doesn't like chocolate cake, but I could cut the cake into individual pieces and freeze them. May I ask how you make the cake with the soda? I mean do you just leave out the oil, water and eggs and put in a can of soda instead?

Renacer: How old is your baby? I talked to my dil a couple days ago as she called and said she received my birthday present, well at least the first one I sent. She got the one sent from here with her hat and scarf and stuff on Monday. Anyway she told me she was taking my grandson to day care, stepped off the sidewalk and tore the ligaments between her ankle and foot. Poor thing is in a cast and she is a pharmacist so is really busy. She said Jackson, who is 2 and loves bugs, picked up a bee out of the swimming pool and got stung, then told his mom and dad, "It's a bad bug, bad, bad bug!" I miss him as I haven't seen him since April and probably won't see him again until Thanksgiving unless they can come down here.

Cg: Bad a time as we are having, we are trying to overtake you guys. If we could just get everyone healthy at the same time, maybe the Cubs could climb out of the mud this year. Much as it makes my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth and gag me , "Congrats on the Cards win."

DD: I like to go to Olive Garden as I can get their fettucine with marinara, by pass the bread and have the pasta fagoli instead of the salad and it only cost me 7 pts for the whole meal. We have a favorite local place here that has great Italian food (the Grisanti brothers all have different restaurants here in town each with a different price level and this one is the bargain one) and we found that they had closed up. Breaks my heart as we always go there the night before we go on vacation to kick off vacation and now we have to find somewhere else. You made terrific choices and the food sounds yummy!

Well everything I bought a few days ago online is going back this morning. The perfume set stinks, the earrings are the size of a mayonaise jar lid, the shoes are too narrow at the toe and the outfit is ridiculous looking. I put the pants up to my waist and though they were supposed to be capris fell to my ankles and the pocket that was on the side and supposed to be close to the knee was at the ankle also. I told Jack about the only thing I could carry in a pocket that low was my knife....(not really I have just seen all those shows where the bad guy pulls a knife from his ankle) So, back it all goes. The seersucker outfit should be here next week sometime I think and I am sure I will keep it. We have now changed our minds and will most likely go to Vegas again next year. Mainly because the hotel deals are outstanding and truthfully, the cruise industry is not giving you that much of a break on prices. We are going to drive from here, break it up into three days and stop and see Jack's sister in Lubbock and my sister in Phoenix. I just have to work it all out. We will also being going in August instead of November so I am going to have to work really hard to get close to goal by then.

I made a new dr appt but can't be seen now until Aug 25th
so I am hoping everything has settled down and if not, I am going to go anyway and talk to her about it. I can't get a pap smear with things as they are, but I can get the rest of the physical and have her schedule me for a mammogram at least.

The kids come home this weekend so I am sure Thomas will have bazillions of photos to show me and I am looking forward to seeing them. He starts school again about 2 weeks after they get home and I am sure whomever is working the clinic will call for me to start working again. Kelly said it was scorching there. One thing is they should get to see the solar eclipse today where they are, which should be thrilling for Thomas.

Have a good hump day everyone!
Faye

Last edited by gma22 : 07-22-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #95

Faye, just use a standard cake mix (any kind) and add one can of diet soda, nothing else. Use the ingredients for the amount of calories instead of the baked mix and you have a "soda cake". I like chocolate with diet Pepsi, but people have used diet cherry coke and all sorts of diet soda to change flavors. I tried using diet ginger ale and a spice cake mix once and it wasn't bad, either. Just the mix and a can of diet soda and you follow the baking temp and time on the box.
Also, you can make a cake mix with a can of pumpkin and 1/2 cup water and a tsp of vanilla if you want. The fiber is great and you just count the points for the mix as well.
Both are very good and a great substitute if you are craving cakes. I use lite cool whip over tip and it's really quite good. I even made a soda cake on my own birthday last year, for myself.
I went for my annual OB/GYN exam yesterday. I asked the doctor about menopause and my predicament. I was telling him that with the effort I have put in, 20 years ago, I'd have lost all the weight and that I am so stagnant. He asked if I had my thyroid checked and yes I have and it was normal. I was hoping that some magic pill (yeah, I know I'm being stupid) for menopausal women had been invented to help with hot flashes and maybe it would help my body to drop weight more easily. Nothing new and I'm still resorting to herbal medications vs. taking hormone replacement. I would have tried the HR drugs at this point in hopes of losing a few pounds, but he said that they wouldn't help with that.
I got the same old lecture about stepping up my exercise routine and reducing snacks. Blah, Blah, Blah.... I could have told him that, I've sat through enough WW meetings to last a lifetime. But, I always wonder if there is something new that I need to know about and if by some miracle, I could find a way to get this stagnant body to DO something.
So, I am back to my usual self. Trying but not seeing that scale more.
I'd bet that if I went back two years ago here to see my posts and trackers that I would be within five pounds of where I am now.
One thing that has me worried is that I am facing 9 days vacation starting the end of this week. We come home for a week and then go away again.
I have this love/hate thing with vacations.
I know I will give in to temptations. I hope I can keep enough control to come home with only about a 1 or 2 pound gain. I hope I can order sensibly in restaurants and try, at least. I hope the weather improves so maybe I can at least get in some swimming. It's been cool and rainy here so much of the time, that I am not hopeful about that.
Faye, why can't you get a pap smear? Please try if you can as it's so important.

By the way, I saw another episode of Ruby last night (one that was on my DVR) and she, also, went to the gynecologist after not going for 10 years due to her weight. She was so stressed over it. It's a shame that people are so embarrassed about their bodies that they keep from getting decent health care. Another episode I saw last week had her standing in an entryway when there was a tornado that went through her area. Her roommate and nephew that live with here were in the bathtub (with tall fiberglass walls) for protection and she was too big to fit in there. I felt badly for her. But, she was really realizing how her weight could literally kill her, not only due to the medical conditions associated with being obese, but also due to her sheer size of not being able to fit in that tub to be in the best spot possible for her protection.
I always find myself wondering how a person can allow themselves to get that heavy and then suddenly recognize that it is not good and do something about it. I wonder why she wasn't actively trying to keep the weight down all along? But, I also saw a person on YouTube recently that has lost about 100 pounds say that the first step is to forgive yourself if you want to be successful, that you let go of all the self blame and start with a fresh attitude.
So, today, let's all forgive ourselves for the past. Let's say to ourselves, we are fresh and clean and we now are taking the right steps.
I may not be in the high obesity range and I may not be 100 pounds overweight, but no matter how much a person has to lose, it's just not easy. It is also time to forgive and let go.
Whatever made us be who we are today is over with. The new people that we are must be positive and work hard and practice forgiveness.
Hugs to you all!

Plaistow NH
Old 07-22-2009, 08:08 AM   #96
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

Hey Ladies,

Well I have been MIA, I know weird for someone like me. Well after we got back, well more like Tuesday night of last week I started feeling really bad. The rest of the week I had a migrain and lack of hunger..and when I did eat, I didn't count it. Then I started getting these cravings for Ceasar salad. I just let things go point blank. Pretty soon my time of the month and my husband were thinking pregnancy. Well this morning I tested again and there was a faint line - but then I went back to bed and a few hours later was greeted with Aunt flow. So, basically I have no idea what happened for 10 days, I have never experienced this before - ever, so tomorrow I will be back on track and my new WI days are Wednesdays since that's what my WI partner and I decided. So, hopefully my gain from this and the bad eating will go back down this week and I can get back on things..

And Roundpeg, way to go on learning a food lesson. I still struggle with this same thing. We're proud of you!
Old 07-22-2009, 08:20 AM   #97

Ash, we all go through unexplained times where we just lose it in terms of control of what we eat. I'm wondering if you actually were pregnant and lost it? Some people are quite late and then have what they think is a heavy period after having a time of not feeling well and having odd eating habits. I think it happened to me one time, but it was for the best as it was at a time when I was experiencing problems in my marriage (I'm divorced and have been re-married for 25 years to the right guy) and it would have been a disaster if I had a child in that brief and bad marriage.
At any rate, that could have been it or it could be that your body was just out of sync for a period of time. Whatever it is, you are past it now and it will be time to re-group.
Interesting that those of us who are chatting this week have had gynecological issues, isn't it?
We woman face hormonal issues all the time and I think it seriously affects our eating habits and stress levels. I should begin new research about what herbal things can help people when it comes to things like this. I'm a big believer in herbal therapy.

Plaistow NH

Last edited by derrydaughter : 07-22-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:52 AM   #98
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning girls.

This is my weigh in day at WW and I can't go. I had car trouble last night, battery died and hubs jumped it. We drove it to the dealer last night and I hope they can get it fixed today. So I can't go to the meeting. I weighed in on my scales and was down but my scales and the WW ones are different. I will have a loss just not sure what it is.

Faye is that 7 points for the fettucine and the pasta fagoli? I understand how much it pains you to say that You don't have to say it again.

All this talk about vacation makes me restless. No vacation for us this year.

I must try one of those soda cakes. I was supposed to go grocery shopping today and now I'm stuck at home waiting for my van. It's really bad when you can't find anything for lunch. I'm being very creative at the moment.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #99

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone!

At least we are getting some sun here, I hope no more rain.

Faye: Lorcan, my son, is going on 20m by the 28th of this month. I can't believe how fast it went. Sorry about your daughter's ankle, hope she feels better. I can relate to you in that aspect, my mom and my mother in law don't live in this country and they can't see Lorcan as often as they want. We always keep them informed about everything and we always send them pictures. That story with the bug is so cute, I bet you pictured him saying it. Enjoy your day, Faye.

Clydegirl, no vacations for us either. We were thinking going to Ireland and Puerto Rico but with the inestability of my job lately and with all the appointments with Lorcan my husband's vacation time is not much this year. But more years would come and with our son healthy and strong we'll enjoy them.

That soda cake sounds interesting, I need to try it.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #100

Morning!

I'll have to try that soda cake, have ya'll tried black bean brownies? Can of beans and brownie mix? Good stuff and the kids had no idea I was sneaking anything weird in there!

I finished the sandwich yesterday, stayed OP, and realized this AM I have been bloated and uncomfortable for two days so I could eat that frickin sandwich. Even though I stayed within my points, the junk factor just wasn't worth it.

Which kinda makes me sad, has healthier eating ruined junk food forever for me?? There is some crap out there that I am going to miss.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #101

Height: 5'6

Probably not forever, you'll still enjoy the eating it part, just not how it makes you feel.
I find it's kinda like quitting smoking....it made me feel like crap and I can get over the temptations but it's still sad right? Like losing a close friend or something...I guess because both smoking and food are addictions that we turn to when things are tough and losing that is kinda sad isn't it?
Old 07-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #102
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundpeg View Post

I'll have to try that soda cake, have ya'll tried black bean brownies? Can of beans and brownie mix?
I have! Also I have made them with only black beans, cocoa powder, splenda, etc. I think the recipe is in the desserts section of the South Beach forum here. Pretty good. I haven't cared for the diet soda cake because it still has TONS of refined carbs and sugar in it. And sticks in my teeth. If you really crave brownies, the recipe in Deceptively Delicious (Jessica Seinfeld) is really good - and it incorporates spinach & carrots, and the kids never even know!

I am so proud of myself. I ate NOTHING after dinner last night. Which is, like, a huge deal for me. We eat about 4 hours before we go to bed (because the kids go to bed 2 hours before we do) so usually I'm hungry. But last night I had a really filling dinner (made from 2 WW recipes - turkey enchilada pie and carrot-apple salad) and I wasn't very hungry. So when DH had his big bowl of sugar cereal and whole milk, I chewed a piece of gum.

Goal/Reward: 240/Pedicure 230/Swimsuit 220/Dress
Old 07-23-2009, 06:10 AM   #103

Good morning girls. Jack should be up in about 20 minutes so I try and be finished with posting as he likes to eat his breakfast and play Freecell before work.

Linda: Oooh, I led you astray a bit about the pap smear thing. It has nothing to do with my size, I am not afraid, etc. It is that I am in the midst of menopause and I have scheduled an appt twice and both times am either bleeding lightly or spotting. It is unlike a normal period as I can never predict when it will pop up. I worked OB/GYN with red cross for several years as a volunteer and I know that you can get false results if any blood gets on the slide so if I am doing anything I cancel and reschedule. I am on for Aug 25 now and if I am doing the same thing again, I will just go in and have the rest of the physical and she and I can decide what to do about the pap smear. The rotten part is I thought I was pretty much through it as I hadn't done anything in 6 months then here it comes again the last three months. I don't have actual menses as such, it is weird. I can almost time it during the day when I will spot then it stops and nothing else until the next day. Problem is, this can go on for 3 weeks or so and it takes me a month to get into see my doctor if I cancel. It is a real bummer, but what can you do? I told Jack I am just fed up because I started my menses when I was ten and I will be 56 in Sept so enough is enough!!! lol Thanks for the cake information. I am going to try it. I havealways had a real positive attitude about my size, but maybe if I had a poop head for a husband like some of these poor women, including Ruby's stupid boyfriend, I might not. Jack thinks I am gorgeous and sexy and whatever and tells me all the time. He is one unique man, though not a chubby chaser. He just loves the woman I am so I am secure in that. I think it has made it all worth while to be able to know he is still attracted to me and will be at size 14 or what I am now.

Ash: Sometimes my hormones are such that I could eat everything in the house then go out and start at a restaurant. I usually just give in to having a bit of junk food and get it over with then try my best to exercise it and stay op to keep it from making me gain. Like I said, I had 3 weeks where I was totally op and didn't drop an ounce then last week 5 lbs. Hang in there, you should be past this in a week or so if Flo is visiting. For heaven's sake, just don't beat yourself up about it as you can't control the durn hormones.

Heather: Yeah for you! Jack and I eat extremely early because he eats lunch so early so he and I always leave a bit of points for after dinner, but then an after dinner snack for us is around 6-7 not 9-11 like some folks. I usually have a ff pudding or one of those 100 cal thingies or some fruit. Since our kids have been long gone for years, the only baby we have is the yorkie and he takes care of himself!

Kristen: I have always said that losing weight is the hardest of all addictions because there is always some kind of food in the house. Drugs, alcohol, gambling or ciggies you have to go to or go out and bring home, but the food is always here and overeating good foods isn't any better than overeating bad ones. I had a friend years and years ago when Jack was first in the Navy that said when food was running low and she couldn't go out and buy snacks or whatever she would put peanut butter in cereal. Big globs of it. ICK, but I can see people doing stuff like that if they are craving or wanting to binge.

Renacer: I save for a whole year and use our tax refund to go on vacation. I don't work and so there is no income there, but God has blessed us with a really stable, though not glamorous job for Jack that pays really really well. Like I said, he is retired Navy so we get a check each month, but it basically pays the mortgage and a couple other things and that is it. When we moved down here with no jobs, he was able to get a job with the city of Memphis. He is an electrician/electronics person and works at the waste water treatment plant fixing their electricals and electronics. He can retire in 6 years and that will be the end of work for him, but for now, it is very stable. He is senior in his position and as he says, everybody poops so there is always a need for what he does out there. I thank God everyday for his job as he will have a pension from that, the one from the Navy then his SS and mine and we should be able to live out our old age years not in luxury but not having to eat cat food either.

I know I missed a couple of you. I will get to you next time!

Have a great day! Gotta run and feed my dd's dog.
Faye

Last edited by gma22 : 07-23-2009 at 06:11 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #104

Morning everybody!

Good job Heather about avoiding the late snack snacking!

Did I tell ya'll about my sleep walking/eating issue? I had a rough night last night, got up twice and ate. I have a doctors appt Friday, I will talk to her about it, but I am scared to take any meds for it, I worry the meds will have worse effects. But, instead of eating poptarts in my sleep, I have fiber one bars in the cabinet, so that it what I reach for. I just haven't had a night where I ate two of them.

We had company last night, did the last minute pizza order. I made a better choice by getting thin crust with chicken and I added peppers and onions. The pizza place has a calorie counter on it's site and each slice was less than 150 calories. But it wasn't as fulfilling as regular crust. I would rather eat less of the regular than eat more of the cardboard crust.

My friend got a kick out of me adding my own veggies, he assumed it was a diet thing. But it was really a cheapskate thing. It was a one topping special, so I ordered the chicken and I'll add the cheap veggies myself!

I hope everyone has a great on plan day today!
Old 07-24-2009, 03:59 AM   #105

Morning gals!

I made a booboo here and want to fix it pronto. At Olive Garden, the pasta fagoli is 2 pts (per their nutrition at their website and the Linguine not fettucine Marinara is 7 pts by itself so the total is 9 not 7 pts. Still not too bad for eating out as long as you avoid the bread and the dessert!

RP: Sleepwalking and eating, ! When I buy Lean Cuisine pizzas I always get the cheese then add my own veggies on top. Why pay more for stuff you can add on your own and you don't have to be as skimpy as they are., right?

Clyde: At least the Cubs won on Wed. They are so goofy this year you never know what to expect. The truth is, the talent was such they should have bowled over everyone this year, but boy did that not come about. They are back home for a home stand for a bit so we shall see what happens. We have our main catcher, one of our starters and another player all on the dl at the moment.

Today is run all over town and do errands then tomorrow is UGH, commissary day. At least it isn't the end of the month or the 15th as they are military paydays and the end of the month is SS checks so the first day of the month is nuts out there usually. They have remodeled it and expanded and I have to say the improvements are wonderful. The only bad thing is I begged for 5 years for them to carry Echrich hot dogs, which I grew up on and they said they couldn't carry them. Well, now that I can't eat them you know they carry them out there. They were just waiting, I know!

You gals have a wonderful weekend and I will talk again soon. We are going to OG tonight for dinner then to Fresh Market to scout out produce for the next couple weeks.
Faye
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.