Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #16  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi girls.

We are going up to NIU today. My daughter has orientation tomorrow. We will just be gone the 2 days but I'm hoping to stay on programme.

We lived in Germany for 9 years when my husband was in the military. We were at Hahn AFB for 4 of those years and we would go to Wiesbaden occasionally to shop.

GrnEyedGirl are you sure you are eating enough? That could be why you gained.

The weather has cooled off some in the 80's today, lovely.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:44 PM   #17  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

Yeah I am in Wiesbaden, Germany via the US Army Linda.
I grew up an Air Force brat and lived in Okinawa, Japan - for 12 years.
We've been here, in Germany, since Jan 2007 and just found out we're staying until January 2013. My son, Logan, was even born here. I love Germany and I love the traveling. So far I have been to Paris, Amsterdam, and Berlin. I have a lot more trips planned now that I know we're staying..I love the bohemian sortta life..

but on the WW front, I am stressed out - I was suppose to start school, now it's getting messed up, the paperwork I mean. And then there's just family issues..I wonder if the fat will just hang around due to the stress...really is it supposed to be this hard?
Old 06-30-2009, 07:32 AM   #18  

Good morning to all!
I feel good today, positive about my weight loss efforts and ready to move on and accomplish something.
I have eluded to trying a different approach. I'm applying all the WW principles and knowledge that I have learned, but I am using calories instead of points for a change of pace. I found a calorie counting web site that tracks for me and even gives me more calories for activity. It's much like the WW points and activity points, but I am hoping a new approach will provide me with a fresh outlook? Yesterday was a very good day and I ended it just on target.
Also, my daughter and I found a "new" (to us) TV program and watched it called "Ruby, the first 100 pounds". It's on the Style network (211 on our Comcast lineup). Here is a tiny link that you look at a segment:

http://www.***********.com/video/x9n...unds_lifestyle

I liked Ruby immediately and though I am not trying to lose a massive amount of weight, I can identify with many things in this real-life documentary. Y'all must watch it if you can.
In one show of the series (we saw three) she had her own packaged meal that was veggies and protein and went out to dinner with her friends and family and they all were eating absolutely gorgeous looking pizza. Ruby valiantly gave her package meal to the server to heat up for her and sat there eating that meal (looked like a WW frozen entree type of thing) while everyone else around her was enjoying great food. How hard is that? We have all sat through meals like that and it's truly a sad thing to have to always be the one who isn't enjoy the "good" food. I identified.
At any rate, Ruby weighed in at something like 477 pounds and at the point where we left off (I set the DVR to watch more episodes) she had lost 100 pounds. She was rejoicing at one point when she could fit behind the steering wheel of a car and had not been able to drive for six years due to her weight. What an accomplishment.
At any rate, I hope to watch more of this show. It helped me get through my day.
GrnEyedGirl, by the way my eyes are green too! So are my daughter's eyes. My mom used to call the color "Hazel", not sure where that came from. I have also had many weeks when I had been doing everything I could, being "perfect" and then not had a gain. Then, often, I would have what I would refer to as a "bad" week and then have a loss. Sometimes I have just shrugged my shoulders and moved on. I do think that we truly do not know WHEN the weight will come off when we are being good. We are an instant gratification society and we expect immediate results. All I know is that you need to hang in there and keep at it. Don't get disillusioned when there isn't a loss, we all know it will happen in it's own time.
Clydegirl, what major has your daughter selected? I wish you luck at the orientation. They fed us a great deal when we went to my daughter's orientation last year. By the way, she is quickly changing schools and we are in a huge uproar here at the house. Her old school, SNHU, went up on tuition (lots of her friends are all making a mad scramble now to find other schools) and cut back on financial aid. If she were to go there this year, it would be 12K more than last year. Soon, our college fund account would be empty and she would be on her own with massive loans. As a family, we have a goal of not having her saddled with huge loans when she graduates. So, for this fall, it would appear that she will attend a local community college and we will spend a good deal of time reviewing her options for the January semester. She can get some of her needed credits at this school and combine them with the credits got got last year (was on the Dean's list) and move on from this fiasco. I wish colleges would commit to a four year financial aid package and tuition, much like when you take on a mortgage and know what your cost will be per month for the duration. We are very sad about these changes as we assumed she would be able to afford to get her education in one place. But, no one ever promised life would be fair, did they?

Ash, is it you or is it your husband that is in the US Army? Good luck with the stay there and it does sound like fun. When I think of Germany, I think of beer and fattening foods, though, so maybe it's very hard to be on plan with a life like that? When I think of touring around those places, I also think of foods. That must be hard, but I know you can work in some activity each day, we all have to.

So, as for me, I am trying to focus on an eating plan that makes sense for today. I just found out I'll have my son home for dinner this evening. It's hard to plan when my college age kids are in and out and I never know who will be here to eat. I shall do some thinking and try to come up with something healthy that all three of us will enjoy.

Getting back to the upcoming holiday weekend, I am trying to formulate an eating plan ahead of time. I'm including a non alcohol Bloody Mary in my eating plan to make it festive, I think. Low in points and seems like a special occasion. Veggies with dip and Bloody Mary sounds like a good plan. I'll make my veggie dip out of FF yogurt mixed with salsa. I might look up calories in Vodka and see if I dare have a splash in my Bloody Mary, we'll see.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #19  

I see the link to the Ruby TV show didn't come through. Guess that might not be allowed here? At any rate, you can search on it if you would like to see it. I did find it inspirational.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:29 AM   #20  
ASHABROAD

Linda: Yes, Germans to love their beer and brats, but it's a walking life style here. You don't find to many lifts (elevators) around and they bike and such. I often think to myself, if we were more like the Europeans in this sense we'd be a thinner America. But I mean, you can plan here, just like you can anywhere and I found a sheat that has points for Foreign foods, that I put on my myspace, so if I do want something I can plan and have it.

I am doing okay this week. I was fine Monday and yesterday. Although I must admit I was dog tired. I think going to bed late the last couple of days caught up to me. I am trying to say it's that and praying I am not actually getting sick. So, needless to say I didn't workout or even walk and went to be at 2015, the time my toddler goes to bed. My husband walked in and was talking to me and I knew I was answering him back in my sleep, that's how bad it was. Today I woke up with my husband as normal, we typically chit chat before he has PT (Physical Training) and then I workout and then go snuggle with my son, but this morning I just "drug" (almost anyways) my son back to bed. We woke up a couple of hours later in time to see my husband off to work, and then at 0900 I made myself workout. I did 2 miles and feel better. We'll see how the rest of the day goes though...

For me it's sometimes hard to focus on that this is a lifestyle change - that it doesn't matter if I walk the dogs or go swimming, the point is I need to move. I am getting better about catching myself, but I tend to day dream about the future too much, so if any of you see me do that, feel free to e-smack me - haha!

I hope everyone has a great and healthy day!
Old 07-01-2009, 04:31 AM   #21  
ASHABROAD

Oh yeah Linda, for another dip.
I just found a great recipe and it was on a WW site.
You mix a vanilla yoplait yogurt 6-8 oz. with 1/3 cup reduced fat peanut butter and eat it with fruit..can't recall the points, but I am sure you could figure that out....just thought I would share since I saw you planning.
I am trying to has out a plan today or tomorrow myself. I went grocery shopping yesterday...it was hard looking at the beef my husband will get to eat, but I did find prok loin ribs, just like everything gotta look up the points..
Old 07-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #22  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

We're back from NIU and I had my weigh-in this morning. I was down 1.4lbs. I was happy to see that.

Linda my daughter is majoring in Art. We will pay the same ammount for all 4 years for tuition. That was a busy day. I walked for miles all over that campus. So today we're all a bit tired.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #23  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Folks!

One more day til the long weekend starts, and one more day til my weigh-in. Crossing my fingers and toes that it shows a loss! Since we are going away for the weekend, I am arming myself with take-along snacks and some ideas for eating out so we don't go overboard and undo all our hard work from the past few weeks. Still a little scared that old but not forgotten habits will take control though, but at least I have a plan.

Linda, Ruby is quite the celebrity, at least down here - she lives in Savannah, GA and I think the show first aired several months ago and was just called Ruby. I only saw the first couple episodes that were being shown as a teaser on Lifetime or something, since we don't get the Style network. I guess she's lost a lot of weight if they're calling it the 1st 100 pounds! The pre-packaged foods she's eating is from a company called Good Measure Meals. They're an Atlanta-based company that is actually the for-profit side of a non-profit called Open Hand (the profits go towards the non-profit). My husband works for the non-profit. Last year they were offering employees a discount for the GM meals and we tried them for awhile. Good and convenient, but I didn't like the rigidity of having to follow a preplanned menu. And if you didn't like something, well, too bad! It was either eat it or waste it. We stopped after they discontinued the discount. But they are pretty popular. Here in Atlanta they have a local Biggest Loser and I think the participants get the GM meals.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, I just remember thinking it neat that something my husband was (indirectly) involved in was on TV!
Old 07-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #24  
ASHABROAD

Well it's Thursday morning here in Wiesbaden.
My son and I are going to the zoo in Koln with friends.
Thus starts the day of planning ahead and taking stuff with me.
I am pretty pleased, I got some snacks and lunch meat yesterday...
I am going to write everything down in my notebook in pencil and then erase it if I don't end up eating it........we'll see how it goes.

NSV yesterday: 114 oz of water, that's like whoa..for me!
With the extra fiber I am taking in, guess I need it.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #25  
ASHABROAD

Well let's see. I started out great.
I had my water bottle and packed food.
Then after our trip to the zoo (it was stinking hot @ 101) my friend mentioned she'd been craving McD's. I smiled and thought I could sort of brush it off, but she kept talking about it and so we stopped and you guessed it I ate. I am on point right now and I know if I focus on my water I won't be hungry before bed, but this is the first time I actually feel really really bad about eating something.

I pray that I have better will power the rest of this weekend.
I did just find out we're not bbqing tomorrow but rather on Saturday, so that's one less food fest day. I am so glad I got those RF brats at the German grocery store yesterday and that they're 2 pts. I think this is going to be a long weekend. I had better keep my water bottle close!
Old 07-03-2009, 12:21 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 241/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Starting Over... again...

Hello everyone - Especially Linda, who helped me through my first weightloss! I'm back to try this again. Yet, I have stopped twice between registering and posting - now, I am almost too tired to keep typing. That is my life since I became a mother of two.

My life in 1 paragraph: 2004-5, dropped 80#; 2006, Chloe born (stopped smoking, gained 80#); 2007 dropped a little, but mostly maintained; 2008, Finn born. During that time, we were at New Tribes Bible Institute where we just finished the program and returned to KY to find employment to save for the next part of our training for missions. So far, still living with in-laws but expecting job soon.

Since Finn was born, I consider taking me-time to be a shower or nap. I cannot believe how hard it has been to exercise and not eat crap. But, I've been trying and tomorrow is a new day. I will start with my points clicker. Well, actually I will start with a bottle for Finn at 6am, then the points clicker.

I will also commit to checking back here and getting to know everyone.

Goodnight.
Melanie
Old 07-03-2009, 01:34 AM   #27  
ASHABROAD

EmeraldKY: I feel your pain. I lost before with WW and it was 40 lbs. back then. Now I have 81 lbs. to lose after two c-sections back to back and the loss of my infant daughter, Arianna, back in October and one whacked out thyroid which now all of the sudden has decided to stablize. If you ever need any one to talk to I am here for ya. Rooting you on from Germany!

Everyone Else, Hello!: I must admit, I have been weighing myself every day. I know, naughty me, but the Wii-fit makes it way too easy to do. So, I gained 4 oz. last week (213.8) and now it says I am down to 212.3, I know I still have this whole 4-day weekend to go, but it is really movitvating me to stick to plan. I have a lot of lean meat around to grill, and I even bought shrimp, so I am hoping I have the will here to keep my water bottle near me and eat what I have planned to. I guess you all will know on Monday when I weight in.

Oh btw, just curious - what days do you all weigh in anyways? I always pick Monday because it keeps me accountable on the weekend, but I was just wondering what the different thoughts are. I know it depends on if you go to meetings or not..but since I make my own...well..I chose Monday..

Happy Friday JOURNEY Everyone!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 241/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Ash - Thanks for the welcome. I am so sorry to learn about your daughter. They are so fragile, yet somehow also amazingly tough. Both of my kiddos were c-sections also. I am trying to be patient with myself, but I can make no more excuses to hit the DQ. As for the Wii - I would be addicted also. But, mine does not weigh accurately. In one day it will tell me that I have gained 25 or lost 40. Any ideas on that?

I usually like to WI on Thursday and start my new week on Friday. That way, I can use the Flex if I want and go leaner during the week. Also, I don't want to blow a good loss.

Well, step one done. I did log back on. And I have my journal next to me. Now, I just have to get in my exercise. It is hard to go for a walk and not take my 2 year old, but that's not great exercise since if I carry her home I will have to use an ambulance. :P

Tata for now!

Melanie
Old 07-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #29  
ASHABROAD

EmeraldKY: I am not sure why the wii would weigh like that. Maybe it's where you have it. I know sometimes even my scale if I go on the carpet or hardwood flooring or what not. I have had it actually say a huge number like that and then I move it to the bare floor and it goes to an accurate weight. Who knows...

Hello to the rest of you Ladies! I believe most of you are on holiday. Holiday, I love how the Europeans say that. I still look around for Turkeys and holiday lights when they say that.

I am doing okay, I am looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in and to be done with this weekend, haha...so we shall see!
Old 07-05-2009, 06:37 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 296/292/146

Height: 5'7

Hello again. I posted a reintroduction -- I was here for a very brief time back in the spring, got sick right after I started and then time slipped away, and while I was unofficially "on program" (mostly being on program but not journaling or going to meetings) I'm back and committed to this. I must have internalized the WW program from many previous (and very short-lived) attempts, because I'm the same weight I was in March!

Hello to everyone and have a great week!
Closed Thread