Old 05-08-2009, 06:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178.5/178.5/155

Height: 5'6''

Default should I skip my weigh in?

I had a bad week, actually started last weekend with my son's birthday, a little overindulgence in food and drink so I know I haven't lost anything. I have a pass for skipping my weigh-in do you think I should or just face the music??
materialgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by materialgirl21 View Post
I had a bad week, actually started last weekend with my son's birthday, a little overindulgence in food and drink so I know I haven't lost anything. I have a pass for skipping
my weigh-in do you think I should or just face the music??

For me one of the things I love about weight watchers is the accountability. I have gone to meetings knowing I had gained a pound or two. So you over indulged no one is perfect. As my leader liz says today is a new day....just turn the page. Showing up for the weigh in is half the battle.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #3  
Reached Goal Sept 11/09

S/C/G: 228/135

Height: 5'4"

I wouldn't. I have had a less than perfect week, since a friend of mine is in town, but I have continued to weigh in every day, as is my habit. Now, I was not happy yesterday, when I had gained another 1.6 lbs (for a total of 3.6 lbs over 2 day), but I know that this will keep me on track for the rest of the week. I also know that this is not fat, since I haven't overeaten by 12, 600 calories. But still, a good lesson for me about the price of eating fried fatty foods. By weighing myself, I acknowledge what I have done (and the consequences of that) and am able to move forward with my plan (1 full day of on plan eating since my two day lapse!)

Denial of my problem kept me morbidly obese for years. Face what you have done, and work to fix it. The number on the scale will not kill you. Use it as a "teaching moment". See it, acknowledge it and move on.

Besides, if you don't weigh in this week, how will you know how much you kick butt next week after you have worked all the excess off?
MrsWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #4  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Go to the weigh in. I know for me that once I stop being accountable, even when I know I've not tried hard enough, then another week goes by and another and another....
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

In a word: no.

Weighing in will help you remember to use this as a teaching moment, as Mrs. Wolf said.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:25 AM   #6  

You are paying them to hold you accountable. It's okay to come up short of the mark sometimes- we all do. Hiding from it just encourages it to continue. Own it and move on. These types of moments are the difference between success and failure. It's never about the falling down- it's about the getting up. Part of getting up is taking ownership and moving forward.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #7  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by materialgirl21 View Post
I had a bad week, actually started last weekend with my son's birthday, a little overindulgence in food and drink so I know I haven't lost anything. I have a pass for skipping my weigh-in do you think I should or just face the music??
As other people have said, its best to go and do the weigh in. I wouldn't skip it because it will make it easier to skip it the week after that, etc....
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 226.4/219.4/176.4

Height: 5'3

Everyone's answered so well, but I'll throw in my two cents - I've been in the same situation where I've dreaded the weigh-in because I knew there was going to be a gain. I schemed to go later in the week or even use my missed meeting coupon the following week. Deep down, I knew I needed to be accountable though. That's why I go to WW instead of trying to lose on my own. I need the support and the accountability, I just didn't want to see the number go up. What was strange was that after seeing a gain and attending my meeting, it wasn't the end of the world and it actually gave me the impetus to shape up and do better on the following week.

I hope you decide to go.
the right direction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 148/109/105

Height: 5'3

face the music so you know how much you have to increase your exercise/decrease calories in the upcoming week to make-up for your "bad days". perhaps you did not gain as much as you think you did!
Biju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 201 / 188 / 160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawnfine View Post
As my leader liz says today is a new day....just turn the page. Showing up for the weigh in is half the battle.
I agree with Liz.
M Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #11  

thanks everyone - just got back from my weigh-in and miraculously I am down 1 pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told the leader I was thinking of skipping and she said it would be all the more harder the next week and I think she is right - I was pretty discouraged last week and thought, I'll just stay at this weight and buy new clothes but today, I have a renewed sense of motivation. Thanks again everyone and have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #12  
Reached Goal Sept 11/09

S/C/G: 228/135

Height: 5'4"

Good for you for going! I am proud of you! Things are never as bad as we think they are.

Peace, Heather
MrsWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #13  

MrsWolf - wow!!!! your success is inspiring! I'm in Ontario Canada too!!!

Last edited by materialgirl21; 05-08-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #14  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Me three! Good for you! Sometimes it is hard to put on those big girl accountability panties on, but it makes things easier in the long run. You know, WHEN we get to maintenance, we won't be able to avoid the good, bad, or UGLY of the scale IF we want to maintain. Because if we don't get a grip on the impact of our poor food choices early on, then we are most likely going to regain the weight. So you might as well get used to this right now, so that you won't be distressed when (and I mean WHEN) the scales do a little bump up the numbers and you'll know how to deal with it.
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

Wow, good for you, both for going to the meeting AND for still losing a whole pound! Wow!

I find it's always best to go to the meetings, even when you know you've had a bad week... otherwise it just makes it even more depressing when you go the next week and it doesn't look like you've actually "lost" anything. At least when you accept the gain and get it written down, you can celebrate when it comes off the next week.

Unfortunately, there will be weeks when you maintain or even gain. I don't think anyone's ever reached goal without at least a few. When it happens, don't let it get you down... use it as an opportunity to remind yourself why you're on this journey, and what you need to do every day to get a better result next week!
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote