3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Points Cycling? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/169849-points-cycling.html)

kiramira 04-22-2009 12:23 PM

Points Cycling?

Hi all!
I've read the sticky on the Wendie Plan, and was wondering if any of you had tried it, why you tried it (i.e. did it plateau prevent or plateau bust) and whether or not it worked for you.
Thanks!
Kira

TJFitnessDiva 04-22-2009 11:35 PM

I've never tried it but then again I've never felt like I needed to. All I can say is if you want to do it then try it :)

kiramira 04-23-2009 09:56 AM

This is so interesting, because there is a sticky on it, so there must be questions out there, but no one seems to have tried it! I may try it if I hit a plateau...
Kira

Tryin2LoseIt 04-23-2009 10:11 AM

I was wondering the same thing! Since I just joined WW (again) earlier this week, I figure I should be okay the first couple months, but if/when I plateau, then I will consider it too! Any other thoughts from anyone?

doveyheart 05-03-2009 04:28 PM

I haven't done the wendie plan, but I definietly cycle my points. I bank ten points each week to have a splurge on Saturdays. The weight's coming off slowly, but at least it's coming off. Plus, the plan's not too hard to stick to. What good is a food plan if you can't keep yourself from cheating?

MrsWolf 05-09-2009 08:52 AM

I know this reply is late, but I did use the Wendie plan for about 6 weeks. I was kinda stuck around 180 lbs (not really a plateau, but just sort of crawling along for about a month) right after Christmas/New Year's, so I thought I would shake things up a bit.

Worked great for me. In the 6 weeks I was on the Wendie plan, I lost 11.8 lbs. I feel like, for me, it revitalized my enthusiasm and drive for the program as well, so that was nice. It took a bit more planning (keeping track of the right number of points for each day), but I had success with it, and would use it again if I ever needed to.

Heather

texscrapper 06-03-2009 05:12 PM

Hi there! I know this is late, but since I have used the Wendie plan, I thought I'd comment!

Before I started WW, I read everything I could about it and stumbled on the Wendie plan. It made sense to me, so I started off with it. In 6 months, I lost 54 lbs :carrot:. During that time, I consitantly lost weight - between 1.5-4 lbs PER WEEK.

I did stop WW in Dec and gained back 13 pounds :( - which was my fault :dizzy: I have now started WW again and am again doing the Wendie plan. I have been back on for a week and have already dropped 5 lbs. I will continue and expect to see a loss each week from here on out.

JulieJ08 06-03-2009 05:51 PM

Did you search for the term? I only ask because over time I've seen a number of threads on this.

ladyrider72472 06-03-2009 06:11 PM

I hate to sound uneducated, but apparently I am. I have done WW a few times and I have never heard of the Wendie plan.... was this new with Momentum?

MrsWolf 06-03-2009 07:25 PM

Here is a thread explaining what the Wendie plan is and how it works:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99187

Hope this helps.

Heather

ladyrider72472 06-03-2009 08:11 PM

Thank you so much. When I first started losing weight, I did something similar to this. I based my trial of it purely on my thoughts of P90x (I am not doing it, only watched the infomercials), but it stands to reason if you can confuse your muscle, which is the basis for the P90, then why could you not fool your metabolism..... I just did not know there was a name. I will be going back to this. Thanks for posting the article.

kiramira 06-03-2009 08:30 PM

Hi guys. Thanks for the input.

Hi Ms Julie! I followed the threads and did a terms search, although there was lots of explanation about the plan, there wasn't much out there about those who tried it and their experiences. And no current stuff. Yet it seemed to be important enough to warrant a sticky! So I thought I'd just see if there was any current experience out there. No harm in asking, non? Besides, this was one of my earlier posts, and I didn't have the hang of the forum as I do now...

Anyways, thanks, all for your positive input. It is nice to hear the experiences of those who have tried it. I think I'll keep this in my back pocket for if (when?) I hit a brick wall!!!
:hug:
Kira