Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2001, 09:42 AM   #16  
Dying to be thin

Just me again...lol..I guess I am the only one in the chatting mood, or I am the only one with lots of time on my hands..yea right..so anyways, How was everyone's weekend? Mine was great! Weigh in is tomorrow for me and it's my TOM so I don't know how I will do. I have been trying to drink more water so that I will feel less bloated but I still feel yucky. Oh well.. I have walked from Tuesday till today (Sunday) a total of 7 miles! This is a huge success for myself! I plan to walk tomorrow morning before school..every little bit helps! I also bought my own set of Tae Bo tapes..I am hoping to incorporate some of it this week into my routine.
Well I just wanted to say Hi before heading to bed...talk to you all soon!!
Angie
Old 02-26-2001, 07:52 PM   #17  

Angie: You are doing great with the exercise. Don't ever stop, because it's so HARD to start back up again. (I know from personal experience.) Now, think about it. It's your TOM. You know that you go up a bit, right? So when you weigh in, take that into consideration and don't beat yourself up over the gain, because you KNOW it's temporary. Besides, you may be pleasantly surprised this time.

I think it is generally quiet over the weekends. I don't get on during the weekends. I do it at work. I know, I know, I'm lucky for being able to do that.

Annie

Old 02-27-2001, 12:11 AM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

Hi everyone! Sorry to have been AWOL for a couple of days and today's donation won't be long either.

Friday nite I talked to my girlfriend and she was going to Canada for laser eye surgery and her DH is really sick so I volunteered to take her. The appointment was at 7:30 AM (you know, before God wakes up) so I was up at 5:30 and went to the other side of town to pick her up and then to Windsor. The good news is she now has 20/20 in one eye and 20/40 vision in her other eye! She is so happy.

My MIL got out of the hospital yesterday. Apparently she is breathing better, but no details.

My honey is home this week. I'm glad he will be home.

I start 'bra jobs' again today. Woopee! 5 Target stores to reset. Should keep me busy and out of trouble for the week!

Bad news. I thought I had until March 21 to file taxes so that we could file for financial aid for my kid's college. Well, he read the fine print and the university is requiring the FAFSA to be filed by March 1st. Argh! So that's why I haven't been here the last couple of days. I'vebeen digging out the ruins I call my office for 2 days now and I'm still not on top of the stuff I need for taxes!

Weigh in went better than expected this morning. I stayed the same. A maintain IS a gift. At least this week it was. I am off to a new start this new week. It is time to shape up.

My goal is to lose 75 pounds by October. That is when DH and I think that we will get away for our vacation. I would feel so much better if I was down around 250 by then. That's when theatre seats, airline seats and life in general gets more comfortable. I know that still sounds heavy and I certainly don't want to stop there but it's a good goal for me and having been around 200# when I married, I would feel comfortable traveling with that kind of loss. I haven't been there in about 20 years so it would be a real accomplishment. It's time to get serious!

Gotta run to work. 'Bra day' ya know. Talk to you all soon.

Thinthinker in Michigan

The person interested in success has to learn to view failure as a healthy
inevitable part of the process of getting to the top.

Old 02-27-2001, 09:56 AM   #19  
Dying to be thin

Good evening everyone! I am back from my second week weigh in....and I lost 1.6 pounds which puts me at 8 pounds total gone forever! I am very proud of this because it is my TOM and I feel SO bloated!!! I worked hard this week...I walked 8 1/2 miles and I even did Tae Bo today! I am very proud of myself! There I said it!

How is everyone else doing??
Geri- A maintain IS a GIFT!! You go girl!

Well I will talk to everyone later!

Angie
267.6/259.6/241.6 10%

------------------
Old 02-27-2001, 09:06 PM   #20  

hannahntigger: High Fives. You DID it!!

Annie
Old 02-27-2001, 11:26 PM   #21  
Makin_it

Good Afternoon:

Well the board has really been quiet lately, I hope everyone is doing ok. I have WI tonight and other than not keeping in control on Saturday with the Pizza, I had a good week. I wish I could figure myself out when it comes to Pizza, I think I should swear off for several months and give it another whirl. I was upset with myself because I had decided before we went that I would order from the menu and bypass the pizza. It turned out that I was the only one not having pizza so I gave in order a large salad and thought I could do a piece or two of pizza..... WRONG 5-6 pieces later, overstuffed I was very ticked at me for having no back bone. OH well..... I wrote it down and went on, I just wonder if I'll ever learn.

Take care everyone and come back and post I miss hearing from you great folks.

Brenda
430/353/180 in 2002
Old 02-28-2001, 03:06 AM   #22  

canadian: I'm proud of you for not getting too angry with yourself for the pizza incident. Self-anger can undo everything we are working toward. I'm not sure either why pizza is so tempting. I try to avoid the pizza places (though I love Pizza Hut Pan Pizza), but when the family wants to go, I order first (a salad) and keep telling myself that I can have one piece after the salad, if I don't eat any breadsticks. (Notice I have to make a deal with myself, but also give myself choices - pizza or breadsticks). Another thing I've done, at least with take out from another restaurant, is to order double sauce, 1/2 cheese plus whatever else we want on it. Still a lot of flavor but easy on the fat from cheese. The "good" thing for me is that I know that if I eat too much, I truely don't feel well after, so that's something else I can keep telling myself. For a while we were ordering pizza once a week. It actually got so that I didn't want to see another pizza. (Did I REALLY say that????)

Hope your "Fat Tuesday" is going well. Another temptation that I'm not interested in.

2oM

Old 02-28-2001, 10:05 AM   #23  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good evening everyone! Well, whatever could go wrong today did! I had 2 'bra jobs'. Did the first one, then went to the second site. Long story short, my company sent me the wrong plan-o-gram to set the store with so when I had finished I double checked it with the department manager and found that her plan-o-gram was different from mine. I had to stay and re-do the whole thing. Then I had to come home and call the first store, explain what happened and then I had to go back to that store and re-do the whole thing! Argh!!!!!

Went to the tax man tonite and got our taxes done. I worked on the son's stuff and some scholarship applications last night so I think tomorrow I'll be able to fill out the FAFSA and be on target to mail on the 1st. What a mess! I will be so happy when it is all in the mail!

Food has been iffy yesterday and today. I have to start back to journalling to really know for sure. I did make Magic Chili last night for dinner and a really good Shepherd's Pie tonight that the guys liked.

Angie: Good job on the weighloss and the excercise commitment. I'm so proud of you!

Brenda & 2ofMe: We were 'pizza pigs' here at my house too. At least once a week, sometimes 2. We used to order 2 large pizzas and a large order of the crazy bread and never had a salad. Of course there was never a leftover piece and there are only 4 of us in the house. That's alot of eating! I solved (???) the pizza problem at my house like this: we still have pizza at least once a week, but instead of 2 larges, I order 2 smalls and no bread. There still isn't any leftover but we have sure cut our intake. I also make everyone a large salad loaded with extra veggies. I make sure to have a light lunch on those days so that I'm still within my points. It works for us.

Gotta go. Love you guys.

Thinthinker/Geri in Michigan

We get fat or we get thin, one decision at a time.

[This message has been edited by thinthinker (edited 02-27-2001).]
Old 02-28-2001, 07:15 PM   #24  

thinthinker: Yesterday wasn't great for me either. Maybe it was the DAY and not US! I was taking my file bag out of my car, along with other stuff, and didn't realize that it was tipped sideways through the straps. All the files dumped out on the ground and two files even emptied completely out, so I had to chase a couple papers. I grabbed it all up in my hands, took it into my office, and put it on the extra table. When I turned around, it all slid off the table, so I picked it up a second time. (I'm counting it as exercise. LOL) Then I went to the store but left my son's video game rental at home. Was going to turn around and take it back later in the evening and forgot it again. GEEEEZZZZZ!

2oM
Old 02-28-2001, 07:22 PM   #25  
Makin_it

Hello guys:

Well another pound and 1/2 gone. 1/2 from 80.... can hardly wait to hit the 100. Thanks for your comments on the pizza issue, I knew I wasn't the only one. I have decided I don't want to confront another pizza for at least another 20 pounds.....I'm tired of the boxing matches that I keep loosing.

At our meeting last night we talked about setting an 8 week goal. I've been kicking this one around quite a bit. I wanted to make my goal getting to that 100 lbs, but that's another 20 pounds. I'm not sure how realistic that is. If I got out and started walking I'm sure I'd make it but I don't want to disappoint myself. For the last 5 weeks I have been hovering around the 300 points/week range and thats way to high. I think I'm going to focus on getting that closer to 250 per week. Thats still the high end of my range. If I do that the pounds will take care of themselves. WOW, that sure helped. Much clearer seeing it in type, thanks for helping me set my goals.

It's cold here today but nice and sunny, I can hardly wait till spring.

Have a wonderful OP day everyone.

Brenda

[This message has been edited by canadian (edited 02-28-2001).]
Old 03-01-2001, 12:40 AM   #26  

Hey guys!

I've been AWOL for a week or more! Sorry!

Just wanted to check in and say Hi! I'm still here, and pluggin' along. I've been stuck at around 37 lbs lost and getting ansy. Doing everything right, my body is just being stubborn I guess.

Hope everyone else is doing well, and I'll check in again soon!

------------------
Tracy
320/284/150
OP Since 10/30/00
Old 03-01-2001, 07:08 AM   #27  

Hi guys: I enjoy so much reading all your notes even though I don't always have the time I'd like to post notes and keep in close contact with all of you, I'm here reading even when I'm busy and keeping track of everyone.

Pizza is a real problem for me also, I'm just staying away from it for a while, I know my limitations, but I will make plans for it soon and hopefully make some good choices when I do have it, but we all know how that can work, sometimes even the best plans are done away with when we get to our favorite foods.

I had a GGGGGGGGREAT weigh in today, lost 6-3/4 lbs this week and 4 last week so I am a super happy camper, I ALSO HIT MY 10% TODAY,
it didn't even dawn on me until after I got home and started looking over my numbers, they even missed it at my WW meeting, but don't worry I'll bring it to their attention next week! I'm thrilled. I have now lost 27.5 since 2-2-01. It sounds weird because it's just a number, but reaching that 10% mark makes me feel like I really accomplished something, and I can go on to accomplish more.

So everyone hang in there, because if I can do this truly anyone can. I've struggled terrible especially the last 10-15 years and had lost total control, and I'm no different than any of you, but it's working and what a hopeful, wonderful feeling that is, once again I'm going to say "We can do this."

Have a great week ladies, and don't lose faith, I'll talk to you in a few days.

Macy

275/247.5 OP since 2-2-01

Old 03-01-2001, 06:59 PM   #28  
Makin_it

Good Morning

Way to go Macy. It feels great doesn't it. The 10% plan is the magic that work for me this time. It takes that large number we want to shed and breaks it into small pieces. I know I can lose 20-40 pounds. I'm a couple pounds away from my second 10% and than only a couple more 10%'s before I reach my goal. Keep up the good work.

Brenda

[This message has been edited by canadian (edited 03-01-2001).]
Old 03-02-2001, 12:33 AM   #29  

Macy and canadian: Both of you are doing so good. Macy, 6.75 pounds, WOW. You both are working hard and it's paying off.

2oM
Old 03-02-2001, 09:50 AM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Wednesday got worse than Tuesday and Thursday got worse than Wednesday so hopefully Friday will be better!!

I am soooo frustrated right now I could spit! I got our taxes done, I got my son's taxes done, I went to do FAFSA on the web and the @#$% thing is stuck thinking or something. I filled it all out, I printed it all out but now it won't submit. It keeps trying to connect. I am fit to be tied!

Macy: 6 3/4# is GREAT and you reached 10% and really quickly too. That's awesome!

Tracy: Glad you're still around. don't worry about being 'stuck'. The scale will move when it's ready and that's never fast enough!

Brenda: Another 1/2# and in the right direction. You're right, writing it down makes it so much clearer.

2ofMe: What was it about Tuesday??? I hope the rest of your week has gotten better.

Well guys, tomorrow is DH's last day of work with nothing on the horizon. I told him when he got home tonight that I was a little overwhelmed. When he asked why I told him that 10 jobs came in the mail today and I got 4 more on-line today. He asked why I do that to myself and I told him he was laid off, or didn't he remember???? He told me that was good and that starting Monday he could go to work with me. Oh joy!!!!

Gotta run. Love to all.

Thinthinker/Geri in Michigan

The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what we want most for what we want at the moment.

Closed Thread