Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 04:59 PM   #31  
Senior Tortoise

Squirrel, it's definitely not you. This thread got pretty quiet before you got here. I hope everybody's doing OK.

When this journey gets tough, I find it helpful to just focus on one day, one hour, one meal, one bite at a time. Fortunately, that's all we ever have to deal with in life -- just the moment we're currently living in. Not tomorrow or next week or next year. Or even the past, for that matter.

Good for you in fighting off the old "eat-me" demons. Sometimes just going to bed is the smartest thing you can do! Soon you'll have built up a pattern of success and have formed great habits. You're doing great.

--Lauren
Old 03-08-2001, 07:51 PM   #32  
ME2

Just checking to let everyone know I'm still among the living. White Squirrel, you didn't scare me off, I've just been busy. Glad to see you here. As Lauren has demonstrated, this is a very friendly group...just not posting a lot right now.

TOM has arrived at my house. So, Lauren, next week while you're battling, I'll be trying to resist my 'week-after' cravings. Let's be here to support each other.

Not much going on, just work and more work, whether the at-job or at-home kind. Don't know if I mentioned it before, but at the beginning of May, I'm taking a girls only weekend in NYC with my SIL. Right now, it's the thought of that weekend that is getting me through most days. I'm just ready for a weekend of being just me, instead of the me that is wife, mom and employee. Hope that makes sense.

Don't really have time for personal replies. Hope you don't mind. Just wanted to stop in an say hello.

Gizzi, isn't it time for a new thread?

Happy Trails
Michele
Old 03-09-2001, 11:10 AM   #33  

I'm here, I'm here.

Welcome White Squirrel! You didn't scare anyone off. I'm under the impression that many of us are in the same mood. Maybe we should ALL go to NYC!! I've gone to bed early just to keep my mind off food.

ME2: Being something to everyone can stretch a person pretty far. I'd be interested in a man responding to this issue. Do they feel pulled in opposite directions all the time, too? Or are they turning "it" off like a faucet, which is the impression I get? And how do they do that? (And do I really want to know how?) Been married 20 years and am still trying figure out the male gender.

Lauren: You should be awarded a "Trooper of the Month" plaque. You have been here day in and day out, responding to the newcomers and the regulars when no one else did. You have demonstrated how we should all just keep on moving forward. We are lucky to have you here.

2oM (Annie)

PS Also haven't been posting because I'm not real crazy about the new board. When I post, I want to be able to go back to the entire list of threads. I want to be able to pick and choose where I want to go next by seeing the whole list. I don't like the "last thread" button at the top. I haven't figured out how to get back to the original topics, so I've been clicking on the site address and going through the whole thing each time. So, I guess you could say that I've been boycotting. And, yes, I am a whiner when I don't get my way. LOL

Last edited by 2ofMe; 03-09-2001 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-11-2001, 07:59 PM   #34  

Sorry i haven't posted in a few days. Have had a rough time with my teenager over the weekend. Just going thur the usual teenage mello-drama. You know the moodiness, the "you don't know what it is like to be a teenager" speeches. Like mom here has never been a teenager. If she only knew. :lol
Hello to lauren and also a shout out to me2 and 2ofme. Glad to know I didn't scare you off. Could sure use all of your insights right now with just starting out so new.
The last few days i have'nt been as careful as i should, still on plan but have stretch the limits so to speak. Been depressed over communication problem with daughter, which has not helped. Besides being compulsive, I am a emotional eater as well. Boy do I have my work cut out for me!!
Hope all of you are doing well and staying OP. That trip to New York is looking better and better. Do you think you could sneak us all into you suitcase. HA HA
Thank you lauren for being so positive and upbeat this week, it has helped me alot.
Weigh in day is Tuesday. How about the rest of you? What are some of your typical daily menus consist of? |What is everyone doing for exercise?
Well here's to a great week ahead OP. Wishing everyone to stay strong in their commitment (especially ME) and to stay positive. i know this second week will be harder for me and the little diet demons will try and attack from all sides. i think I am ready for them!! Bye for now.

White Squirrel
Old 03-12-2001, 08:59 AM   #35  

White Squirrel: I'm here with you on the teenager thing. My daughter is 18 plus 3 weeks. She thinks she's 25. There is a boyfriend involved - does that ever help the situation? I think not. He has a lot of baggage and we keep telling her that she's asking for problems or is going to wake up someday sadly surprised. She was SO smart and level headed before he came along. Still . . . I can't blame him for the lame things she does. GEEEEZ.

I think it's time to start writing a book. What would it be about . . . parenting? . . . losing one's sanity? . . . patience? . . .

NYC is looking good to me, too, and I prefer the country.

2oM (Annie)
Old 03-12-2001, 11:02 AM   #36  
Senior Tortoise

Hi, Squirrel and co. A new thread for this group has started; look for the "200 in 2001 March" discussion.

See you there!

--Lauren
Closed Thread