Old 11-17-2008, 02:50 PM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 11/17/08

Hello--another week. Time is sure flying by.

I had a good weekend. I tried very hard to stay away from snacks and was somewhat successful. I just had to have that small piece of apple pie last night.

I saw the movie, "Quantum of Solace." It's a lot of action, but not much else. It was still exciting to watch. On Saturday, DH and I delivered food for Meals on Wheels. That was a good experience. That night I did a little Christmas shopping which went well.

On Sunday, DH and I went to a musical revue of Stephen Sondheim's music. It was very well done.

So, how is everyone else?

Melissa, How's your hand feel?

Lori, Well, I still think your wood floors look good in the photo.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hey gals! My weekend was hectic. I saw a LOT of friends that I hadn't seen in a long time. And almost ALL of the boys rubbed my tummy or talked to the baby. It was actually really cute to see our 25-35 year old male friends doing that! The girls just asked me questions like if we knew if it was a boy or girl and when we were registering so they could buy us stuff!

We actually started registering yesterday. We were in Babies R Us for four hours! We got a good start though.

DH's birthday is today. I'm working late because I have been having trouble sleeping and didn't get to sleep until after 2am last night (or this morning!). I was going to ask him if he wanted to go out for dinner, but by the time I get home he might have made himself something to eat.

Lisa - I ate good over the weekend, but dug into the chocolate today! I'm re-thinking the Black Friday shopping. Honestly, this year I can think of more things to make peopple than I can to buy people. Plus, I really don't have much money!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

Well the snow hit yesterday and dumped quite a bit in our area--we got over 8" and some areas had over 13"! It was crazy and we're not out of the woods yet! There's another storm heading our way with lake effect bands setting up. I stayed inside today and cleaned the oven...a job that we've been putting off...it does look good now!

My hand is feeling good--yesterday I was able to put my earrings in and I could feel the posts! I was so excited that the feeling is coming back in my fingers. I'm sure once the stitches are out things will progress quickly because I'll be able to move my hand more freely.

I'll check in tomorrow
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:00 AM   #4  

Lori, So, you don't mind when folks rub your tummy? I've heard other expectant mothers bemoan that it's so personal. Gosh, that would be difficult to figure out what theme you want for the baby's room. Happy birthday to your DH! Sorry you haven't been sleeping. That's terrible because it just ruins the next day.

Melissa, Wow! You did get hit with snow. It's very chilly here. Yesterday it was in the mid-60's and at night in the mid-40's. Believe me that is cold. On Saturday it was 88! I'm so glad your hand is recovering nicely. When is the next surgery?

Went to WI last night and was disappointed--1.6# gain. I did it to myself, too much snacking and too much vino. And we're headed into the holidays when I always lose control. Argh. Last night at the WW meeting, the leader had a saying on the board for Thanksgiving: Remember, it's a holiday, not a holiweek. She also said that WW is rolling out a new program in December. Melissa, have you heard about it?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:07 AM   #5  

Well I slept last night, but not as much as I would have liked. 7 hours at least.

Lisa - I was surprised that I didn't mind, but I think that I didn't mind because it was only people that I am really good friends with, not strangers! I know that I wouldn't like strangers touching me! Keep me updated about that new WW program. I'm not going to meetings or paying for the online stuff anymore.

Melissa - Awww I want snow! I'm glad your hand is feeling better!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #6  

Lori no snow yet it's too early! Actually I'm OK with getting snow for Christmas but other than that I can go without it. Nice picture you posted last week, you've got a cute little baby bump .

Lisa I didn't know you were originally from Ohio. DH was in Oxford Ohio visiting his son. Sorry about the 1.6 gain I had a 2lb gain myself and I know why. I've been eating way to much chocolate lately. Got to reign it in.

Melissa I'm so glad your hand is feeling better. Sorry about all that snow. Yikes you really got hit, I hope you didn't have to drive in it.

I can't believe how quickly the morning went by today. I love it when it's like that. Very cold here temps are only suppose to stay in the 30's. I think I'll do some treadmill walking this afternoon. Hope you're all having a good day...talk to you tomorrow.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:39 PM   #7  

Good evening!

Lisa: WW usually rolls out the new stuff in December and yes there are changes in the wind. I'm not able to say what but it will definitely help our members. It's the first program change in 4 years so in my opinion it's much needed! My next surgery is scheduled for December 2nd.

Pam: No, I didn't drive in the snow...my DS has been driving himself to school every morning and it's been great. The roads are pretty clear (dry) so that's good. Once the stitches are out I'll have a lot more mobility with my hand.

I haven't been too bad with eating because it's hard to open things up so that's one good thing about all this. I have been getting to sleep in which is nice but I need to get myself moving a little earlier the rest of the week since I'll be going back to work on Friday.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #8  

Melissa, You made me laugh--"I haven't been too bad with eating because it's hard to open things up so that's one good thing about all this" Maybe that's what I should do--stop opening up things to eat!!!

Pam Sorry about the gain. I guess we're in the same boat. I'm having trouble with candy and vino.

Ladies, I'm going on a girls' road trip to Atlanta tomorrow and will return late Sunday, so won't be posting. It should be fun. A friend of my GF and I moved to Atlanta last year and she lives near all the wonderful stores in Buckhead. I hope to finish most of my Christmas shopping. It is very cold there though. I keep throwing more warm clothes in my suitcase--29 degrees this morning. It's 45 here this morning which is still too cold for me.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:48 PM   #9  

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick post today since I have a meeting scheduled in 15 minutes.

Melissa you had me laughing with your comment yesterday. I thought that's it, I've just got to stop opening up junk food. Are you cooking this year for Thanksgiving or going over to your sons house?

Lisa Enjoy your girls weekend! I've never been to the Buckhead area but heard it's beautiful and very affluent. Good luck with your Christmas shopping!

Well ladies, got to dash, I'll try to stop by later.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:52 PM   #10  

It's cold here today--only 32 and another Alberta Clipper is supposed to come through Thursday night/Friday. At least the roads are dry today.

Pam/Lisa: It's too much of a chore to try and eat left-handed so I've been eating a lot slower! I've resorted to using scissors and other creative ways to open containers, lol.

We're going to DS #1's house for Thanksgiving--so far the only thing I'm supposed to bring is candied sweet potatoes. His wife's mom is going to come over and help with the main cooking.

I'm planning on cooking a turkey breast on the Saturday/Sunday after--my DS #2 likes my stuffing and we have had two dinners before. I think both of my brothers may even come over.

Lisa Your weather really is cold for you! Stay warm! Have fun on your trip. I have just one gift purchased and need to figure out what all I need.

Last edited by MelissaL; 11-19-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:14 AM   #11  

I made oatmeal raisin cookies and brought them into work today. I made them for a friend, who's birthday is next week but he is out of the office all week next week. I also brought him his own plate of them as a gift. My house smelled yummy last night.

We always go to two houses on Thanksgiving - my in-laws and my parents. This year it will be the in-laws for dinner and my parents' for dessert. Should be fun! I still don't have a list for Black Friday. DH and I were talking about what we wanted to get people and we decided on baskets this year that include LOTS of homemade things like cookies, fudge, breads, and crafts. One store-bought thing in the basket per person. So I actually really don't have much to buy. I spent about $60 last night on all my crafting supplies. Not bad! And since I have the week of Christmas off, all those days before will be spent baking.