Old 11-14-2008, 08:27 AM   #16  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

My my, haven't you all been very busy! I have a new picture for you (taken yesterday):

Lisa - on getting the part! No, 14 isn't THAT bad, although I wish it were more like 7 or 8. As for Black Friday, there are a couple of websites I check regularly that get leaked ads. You can try bfads.net and blackfriday.gottadeal.com. I love Black Friday shopping too! I go with a male friend of mine every year. I told him that I might want to go to Babies R Us this year and he faked rolling his eyes at me DH would not be able to stand going out on Black Friday. He gets upset when I take him to the supermarket with me. He complains about people blocking the aisle all the time. And when we go clothes shopping or other shopping, he's ready to go home about 15 minutes after we get there.

Melissa - 15 minutes sounds very short for surgery! I wish I could have regular coffee. I normalyl drink decaf, but every once in a while I like to have a regular cup of joe. Not now though, I won't risk it! I have done a couple of half cafs though. I'm sorry to hear about your dad falling. Do they have him on a monitor? My grandfather is in a home and they have a monitor on his bed so that if he even tries to get out of bed it goes off and someone gets in there to help him.

Pam - I haven't seen any desktop deals for Black Friday, but a few laptop ones. Check the sites that I mentioned to Lisa. They are updated as ads get leaked. Congrats on the clean bill of health!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:04 PM   #17  

Height: 6'0"

Lori, You go shopping with a male person??? Cool! Actually, I'm blessed. DH likes to go shopping. He usually sits and drinks coffee watching the crazy shoppers. He's also good for carrying the purchases. : )

Nice pic. Also, your hardwood floors are very pretty.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:33 PM   #18  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domina View Post
Lori, You go shopping with a male person??? Cool! Actually, I'm blessed. DH likes to go shopping. He usually sits and drinks coffee watching the crazy shoppers. He's also good for carrying the purchases. : )

Nice pic. Also, your hardwood floors are very pretty.
Yeah, he's one of those geeky tech guys (like me!) and likes to shop for electronics. He also shops for jewelry for his mom and sister. We make lists though and go in and out of each store. Black Friday is not the time for window shopping!

Wow thanks about the floors, but that picture makes them look WAY better than they are. There's paint on them (from the previous owners) and the finish is wearing off and they REALLY need to be refinished! We have a carpet over the floor in the living room because the finish is completely worn off and we didn't know when we bought the house because they had covered it with a carpet I'm afraid someone would get splinters if we didn't cover it up!

Last edited by modkittn; 11-14-2008 at 03:33 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote