Old 10-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/244/160

Height: 5'7

Default how do I find a good leader at a meeting?

Im in michigan. Im trying to find a good leader for a meeting. I want one who focuses on not only looseing weight, but maintaining it and also that focus more on the nutrition and food group aspects of it. I guess more like a nutrionist? Anyone have any suggestions? TU
downtomygoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:49 AM   #2  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

I would recommend visiting a few meetings to see if you "click" with any of the leaders in your area. Also, the weekly meeting topics are given to the leaders by Weight Watchers, so while they may focus on different aspects, they don't have much control over the topic.

Hope that helps!
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Yes, from what I understand, all of the WW leaders are people who have actually lost weight with the WW system-and then were trained by WW to become leaders.

The topics every week DO indeed change, the focus is different each week. Last night, our topic was "If hunger is not the problem, then food is not the solution". We talked about eating because we are tired, stressed, bored, angry, sad, because we are out with friends or at a gathering and everyone else is eating-all of the reasons why you might eat when you are not physically hungry.

A couple of weeks ago, the subject was soup-and using it as a tool for weight loss. (Filling, lower calorie, takes a while to eat, etc.) and we talked about premade soups, and we shared some good, easy soup recipes.

So...every week is different.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:55 AM   #4  

Thanks so much. I am only allowed one free meeting though correct? I would have to pay to sit in at more? Thats what im afraid of theres only like 4 meetings even close to me and I am afraid of looseing money and not having a good leader. I mean if I click with none of the leaders am I stuck paying? TY
Old 10-23-2008, 12:08 PM   #5  

Well, you have to give it time to "click" with your leader. You can't expect to see someone for 45 minutes a week, and immediately be best friends...or know everyone else in the meeting, etc.

It's going to take some time.

Anyhow...you can start out paying week by week, rather than signing on prepaid for a longer period of time. You can pay for your meeting when you go, and then after paying for a few meetings, you can decide if you want to continue. You can totally pay weekly...you don't have to go in there and sign up for 6 months or anything like that.

But-it's going to take time to get to know people there-including the leader. Just like when you start anything new, you are going to have to slowly get to know people.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #6  

Thanks I appreciate it. That helps alot
Old 10-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #7  

Something else I forgot to ask I will be calling on a meeting, but how much does registration usually run? Ty
Old 10-27-2008, 08:22 AM   #8  

A few weeks ago they were running a special-no registration fee, you could start with just the weekly fee. That might still be going on...
Old 10-27-2008, 03:39 PM   #9  

thanks so much!