Old 08-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default WW Online vs Calorie Counting

Recently I've been raiding the recipe page on this site in an effort to make low cal stuff for me, and stuff that my husband will eat at the same time. (Both to keep him healthy and because I'm getting tired of cooking to separate meals every night. Cooking stuff he will eat isn't super good for me staying on my diet either...) I've notice all the one's I've made have been Weight Watchers recipes, so it seems to me if I'm going to be making them anyway I may as well join. I don't have a lot of free time (2 jobs, full time student) so I don't honestly think I could commit myself to the meetings. I've hear WW online is good. has any one tried it? If so, was it as helpful as going to the meetings is?

Last edited by Shawski; 08-22-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Shawski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

I like weight watchers online I started going to the meetings and using online but even though I did like the instructors I didn't ever feel like going to the meeting.. so I kept doing online for a couple months. The cool thing is you start to know teh points for most foods and things you like and start to realize what you can eat everyday. I actually wish I wouldn't have stopped but I quit my job. A lot of times they even offer a free week online.
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

WW Online has great tools. There is a recipe builder which allows you to calculate points per serving of things you cook from scratch and calculators to help you determine your earned activity points and points for packaged foods. You should also get all of the program basics that way, which is important when first starting out! It is different from meetings... Meetings serve kind of a different purpose from eTools. I don't think I would have stuck with it this time without meetings, but it boils down to preference and the ability to make that time commitment. You can always start out with eTools and if you have time, visit a meeting in your area to see if you could make time for it. You never know, you may decide it's worth finding the time!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Joined

Well I went ahead and did it... I'm intersted to see how this goes. The only diets that have ever really worked for me involves calorie counting - but I guess it's worth a try for a month or two...
Shawski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:45 PM   #5  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

I'll second (third?) jillnicole and Jaime. I think what keeps me connected to WW is the tools. I tried calorie counting, but I had to look up the calories. With WW you have the online calculator, and since we all eat a lot of the same things over and over, you get to know the points. The recipe builder, as Jaime said, is great, and you can save the recipes. The articles aren't bad either. But I think the 3FC boards are better
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote