Old 08-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #16  
Sunshine

S/C/G: 162/156.0/127

Height: 5'5"

Someone asked my mother if I was pregnant!! - Yup! That did it for me!
BLKB10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKB10 View Post
Someone asked my mother if I was pregnant!! - Yup! That did it for me!
Oh, no! That's the worst, isn't it? I had similar things happen a couple times and it really upset me.

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #18  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

When I called about insurance for myself..the original quote was 83.00,when my weight and height was added in,it jumped to 125.00..That was what decided it for me,I'm tired of being discriminated against just because I weigh more than the person before or after me and I'm just as healthy if not healthier than they are and don't go to the doc 1/2 as much...it really burns my hiney!!
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 250/214/130

When I went to the doctors and he warned me about my health risks. I don't want to die young, and I don't want to get heavier. I had ignored my increasing weight until then.

Last edited by Moonring05; 08-08-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Moonring05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #20  
live. love. travel.

S/C/G: 298/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMeaganx View Post
Also I know I'm going back to Europe this summer and I want to be able to fit on the train seats, and have energy to spend two weeks with non stop adventure. I want to be able to enjoy myself and to shock my Italian and German host families!
Rock on, girl. You can do it.
sunshower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #21  
live. love. travel.

S/C/G: 298/168/145

Height: 5'4"

I didn't start out on WW right away but I still had a moment that turned me around.

I grew up as an obese child and I don't remember a single time in my life when I wasn't very overweight. Fast forward to age 22-23 when I got a great job and ended up travelling for business twice per week on out of town assignments. Due to this, I always had an expense account so I could order whatever I wanted at dinner--including drinks--and not have to worry about the cost. Never having been educated about healthy eating (or caring to educate myself), I made the worst choices based on foolish desires and continued to gain weight.

Finally, one day I got on the plane to go to a client site and I couldn't buckle the seatbelt anymore. It had always been a struggle for me but this time it just would not close. In my shame, I couldn't bring myself to ask the stewardess for a seatbelt extender. It was then I realized that I was putting myself at risk. If something went wrong, I would be in greater danger than everyone else. I then got to thinking that I was putting myself at risk every day with my unhealthy lifestyle. It all hit me like a ton of bricks and I resolved, right then and there, to change.

I weighed myself in June of 2006 at 298 pounds. I lost 72 pounds on my own with a series of lifestyle changes. I'm in no hurry to lose the weight. I want it gone and it's never coming back. I do not diet. I needed to be different. In late November of 2007, I decided to join WW to have a group to be accountable to and lean on when I need support. I have lost an additional 46.6 pounds on WW since then for a total of 118.6 pounds lost overall.

I'm not "there" yet but I know I will get there and I know there's no going back.

Last edited by sunshower; 08-08-2008 at 11:16 AM.
sunshower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #22  
Mrs. S.

Default Who's That in the Picture

When going through some pictures I'd just gotten back, I had to stop to see who the unpleasant-looking person in a certain picture was. Of course, it was me! I've been a Lifetime Member for three years and will work hard to never go back to the way things were!

Susan
CHS_teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 250/199/150

Height: 5'2"

I went to my annual appoint one year after my son was born weighing the same as I did the day before he was born. That was awful! It clicked the switch in my brain. It's been a long 3 years with several set backs, but I'm on my way to a healthier me.
Magz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:04 AM   #24  
I love Werewolf Movies

S/C/G: 270/Tracker, baby, tracker/127

Height: 5'7

It was when I i woke up one day and realized that the weight had finally gotten so bad that the depression, laziness, the late night eating was destroying my relationships with the two people who love me more than anything.

With my boyfriend of seven and a half years - we were so unhappy with how we both looked and felt that we were ripping each other apart every chance we got. After a final blow out, he moved out of the house and I spent a lot of time contemplating how much of our problems were mine due to a lack of self worth and helplessness. We started WW the day he moved back in. Turns out we weight exactly the same (well at the beginning I have dropped 6 pounds and it turned out i only weighed 265)

With my baby sister who is nine, who looked up to me as a role model, and she is now in the 95th percentile of childhood obesity. This change has begun effecting her too... How could I have not changed for her...

My back hurt, my neck hurt, I was spending my days in a recliner. I always asked myself how someone could get upwards of 900 pounds, keep eating, end up on TV and just end up dying wishing they had done something. I realized how it was going to be done. I felt, and truly thought that my weight was upwards of 350 pounds and without a scale in my house, i believed it. I always told myself that being fat was just like having blue eyes - it was just part of who I was. Not anymore.
xYourBelleMortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:40 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 272/240/140

Height: 5'8"

I realized I was becoming one of those people who couldn't sit in "normal places". The chair swing ride at the fair was too small. Lecture seats in my school had become too small. I was tired all the time.

I think the chair thing was the biggest "OMG" moment, though, because the fact that I couldn't fit in chairs meant for the general public was... scary. I didn't think I was that big.
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 236/219/160

Wink

Hi! This is my first post on this site! I figured this would be a good place to start. I just joined weight watcher's yesterday, so I've not made much progress...haha. I decided to join after lurking around on the site for about 2 weeks and reading all the great things on this board and seeing everyone's weight loss ticker's with such great results!

My name is Jennifer and I'm from Texas. I'm 20 years old and I'm a fulltime radiology student. The reason I decided to start WW is because I'm sick of feeling so unhealthy. I've tried Atkins...I've tried "normal diet and exercise"...I've even tried calorie counting. I started my calorie counting in May and lost 5lbs in about 7 weeks, but calorie counting limits you on a lot of things and I always seem to fall off the wagon and have to jump back on when I don't really feel up to it....at least you can go out to eat and still have your regular meals when you're on WW!

I have a digestive disorder called Crohn's Disease. I've been chunky since I was a child. My senior year of high school I got really sick and had a lot of rapid weight loss and weighed 186lbs. Then, when I was diagnosed with Crohn's I was prescribed a steroid called prednisone. After taking that for 4 months...I gained 80lbs...and then only ended up losing 30 of those pounds when I was taken off the medication. I have back problems from my weight...and my back KILLS me when i'm at clinicals...and I don't wanna deal with that for the rest of my life. I don't wanna always be bogged down and in pain while I'm doing what I love the most!

So this is a start...towards a new me...I have a feeling it's gonna be a long, hard, bumpy road, but I think I can do it!

madamebutterfly1788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:50 AM   #27  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

I didn't want to be a fat mom. I want my son to grow up healthy and the only way I could do that was to show him a healthier lifestyle, I needed to set the example. I was tired of spending twice as much on clothes because I couldn't shop at "regular" stores.
Hopefulpinkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #28  
Patty

S/C/G: 208/195.4/150

The next size of pants was a 1X. My daughters are 9 & 14 and I want to be around for them. I also wear shoe prostesis and have lymphedia in my right arm. Both of these will give me less problems if I am at my ideal weight.
Slimmin Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:54 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 198/191/150

Height: 5'5

The reason I decided I couldnt be this fat anymore was looking at pictures of me. I mean I realized I was fat but after taking pictures with friends and family and seeing how big I really am made me realise I need to make a change.
Vickyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:57 AM   #30  

Height: 4' 10"

I started this thread, but as I was reading some of these posts I remembered something from years ago. My son was still a baby and I had decided to stay home with him as long as I could. I had no idea how much weight I was gaining until one day I was walking along side some windows outside a store. There was a woman walking along the inside of the window following me, so I finally turned to see who it was and it was my own reflection. I was shocked at how big I'd got. But unfortunately I didn't do anything about it back then and it's been a roller coaster ride ever since.

Thanks for all these great posts. Keep them coming!
~Dolly
DollyLang is offline   Reply With Quote