Old 08-05-2008, 12:33 AM   #16  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Thats great I didn't know lean cuisine and healthy choice do weight watchers to and they give you the points I checked online. Thanks!! Now I have more of a variety then before.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:30 AM   #17  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I wanted to know if you use just the smart ones, lean cuisines, healthy choice and progresso soups if you can lose weight just by eating thoses? I incorporate my WW food frm work into my daily meals. I only drink water and have a glass of WW orange juice a day. I exercise 4x's a week. It it possible that I can lose weight this way??
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

As far as I can tell, you should still be able to lose weight using only prepared foods like Smart Ones, Lean Cuisines, Healthy Choice, 100-cal. snack foods, Progresso soups, etc, etc., provided you're staying within your points with them. Also remember, no matter what you're eating, you need to get your healthy guidelines in! Veggies, fruits, the right # of dairy/calcium servings, healthy oils, whole grains, protein, water, etc, etc.

A few people have responded saying that you can most likely lose weight using these items...not sure if you're missing the posts, though.

The reason people keep going back to recommending using more fresh-made products is because while you can most likely lose weight using only prepared foods, it's HEALTHIER to incorporate more fresh-made foods. Fewer preservatives, less sodium, etc.

My own experience with certain high-sodium foods is that *I* tend to gain water weight with them at times. Prepared foods tend to be high in sodium, so while I have them sometimes, I know I'm better off with more home-prepared things.

I guess the best way to tell if you can lose weight while consuming solely prepared WW and other diet foods, is to try.

You have said that you get them from work...perhaps you have crazy hours and work gives a large discount on these items. I could see it being very tempting to rely on prepared foods.

I've mostly used them as a bigger part of my diet endeavors. I find them very helpful at times, and sometimes they are just the right thing for whatever I'm craving and whatever time I have.

I guess, give it a try and find out. Good luck!

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote