Old 07-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 7/20/08

Hi, ladies.

I had a great weekend. Played some golf, worked in the yard, got in lots of exercise. I stayed OP, too. I have been trying so hard to do that. Tonight is WI, so keep your fingers crossed.

Melissa, Way to go on the loss! I know that you have been so worried about it. Sorry about the hand and arm pain--sure sounds like a pinched nerve to me. I would head to the chiropractor.

[B]Lori,/B] Sounds like you have mild depression going on or it's just summer malaise. Sometimes the heat just makes us tired. I can relate to that.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:35 AM   #2  

Went to WI and I was down 4#. I was very happy with that, but it has been sooo difficult.

Thinking of going to yoga class tonight. It's always good for me, but the Tuesday night class is at 7:30 and that's pretty late--close to my bedtime. ; )
Old 07-22-2008, 09:11 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I took Friday off of work for a mental health day - I was going crazy. It was really nice. I just played Playstation for most of the day (we got a P3 recently). Then Sunday night Jay and I BOTH got sick after dinner and were still sick yesterday so we were both home sick yesterday. We ended up figuring out it was the meat (the only thing I thought it wasn't) after we had leftovers last night It was actually REALLY nice to be at home for 4 days and today I feel motivated to get my work done. I think I just needed some down time.

Well I did lose some weight because of it but you know its the kind of weight that comes back once you start eating normally again I still haven't gotten my butt to the gym. I want to go tomorrow. I have a standing date on Tuesdays with a friend from work to go see a movie. I don't know what we will see since she snuck out to the movies over the weekend to see The Dark Knight and didn't tell me. I wanted to do the same thing but I didn't because I was thinking of her. Boo! So I'll go see that another night with Jay, who really wants to see it too. Maybe we will see Hancock tonight or Get Smart! (if its still in theatres). Tuesday nights the movies are only $6, which is why we've been going on Tuesdays

Lisa - on the loss, that is great!!!!

Melissa - Any word on what is causing the pain?
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:10 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Lisa: Great job on your loss!! It is hard work!

Lori: I tend to get the same way when I'm overwhelmed with what I want/need to do. It also seems to rear up when I'm heading into my busy time at work which is not good! I've had a hard time as well staying motivated and on task. I have to force myself to do things.

I called the doctor's office yesterday and the xrays came back normal on my wrists; they did increase my thyroid meds and I'm hoping that will help. The side effects for hypo are really strange--in reading I'm finding out that the leg/ankle/foot swelling is a symptom as well as muscle/joint pain. I was up from 4-6 a.m. with my aches & pains. I couldn't get comfortable and I was trying to figure out where the pain was radiating from--it seems like it's from my upper back (stress) and I'm hoping that I can do some exercises to relieve the tension.

We finished up our final orientation and next week I'm on vacation--can't wait! We're heading to Lake Placid/Saranac for 5 days and I'm getting my stash of books ready to read while DH and DS #2 play rugby. I'm taking my walking shoes so I can get some activity in as well. We're going to drive part way on Tuesday and stay overnight in Watertown and then drive the rest of the way to Saranac on Wednesday. It's about a 7-hour drive. Our ride home is going to be a straight shot. I'm just looking forward to the break.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #5  

Lori, I'm glad you had some down time, but sorry you were ill. That was no good. Let me know if you see Get Smart; I've wanted to see that one, but will probably rent it. We rented Transformers and I found it somewhat entertaining, but DH didn't care for it too much. Not surprising as he is not a Sci-fi fan.

Melissa, Your vacation sounds like heaven. Mine isn't till September; I could use it right now! I was just informed that a whole bunch more work is coming my way AND I'll be an alternate for another person who is getting transferred. It seems that I'm getting "piled on."

Thought about going to yoga tonight, but we are having horrendous storms. I don't know if it's from Hurricane Dolly.

Wonder where everyone else is?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:42 AM   #6  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

So yesterday was OK as far as my eating. Not great, but OK. I went off my plan, but not horribly.

DH and I started talking about redoing our kitchen. I'm not sure if we're going to try to re-face the cabinets we have or get new ones. We'll have to see what the cost of the new ones will be....

Melissa - Well at least you know what is CAUSING some of your problems. That must make you feel a little better (I know I would). Your vacation sounds fun!

Lisa - I didn't go see any movie last night! My friend couldn't go, and DH didn't want to. We went out to look at kitchen cabinets instead How is the rain today?
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:19 AM   #7  

Lori, I've heard that the refacing of kitchen cabinets turn out quite well. It depends how old your home is. New cabinets are expensive, but you could get what you want. For example, when we redid our kitchen, I got the ones with the slide out storage areas and an appliance garage, etc. Glad you're trying to stay OP.

No rain yet today, but the day is young.

I need a vacation. 5 more weeks!
Old 07-23-2008, 01:42 PM   #8  

We've had some "pop up storms" the past few days and when they hit we get dumped on. Yesterday the rain came down so hard/fast that it came in through my A/C unit in my office! An hour later you would never have known we had the downpour!

This morning we had a cool front move through and it's a cool 73 here now; it's actually refreshing!

Lori: We re-did our kitchen about 13 years ago and it was quite an undertaking. Our cabinets have the pull out shelves in some and it's really handy. I'm glad I'm finally moving forward with my symptoms; it's been so frustrating. How have you been feeling?

Lisa: I miss my yoga class--it took me a while to learn how to relax but once I did I felt great.

Something is definitely lining up for me--I was down another 2# at WI today. I was surprised because my hands feel a little swollen and I thought for sure I was retaining fluids! Go figure on that one! I'm finally down below the awful 150 mark.

We have an outdoor wedding this evening on the beach which should be nice. It feels good to be back here--I've missed checking in with you!

It's hard staying focused
Old 07-24-2008, 07:31 AM   #9  

Wow! Melissa, You rock. Congrats on the loss. Maybe things have begun to turn around. I know how frustrated you've been and you are so faithful to the program. The wedding sounds very nice.

I'm coordinating my last wedding at my church this weekend. Then I will hand it off to new volunteers. I think I mentioned to you in the past that the brides are just not nice, so it was time for me to move on.

Have a big 50th birthday party tomorrow night--disco style. It should be fun. The honoree is a breast cancer survivor friend of mine. I walk with her every fall for breast cancer research.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:15 AM   #10  

Lisa, the wedding was really casual and I had a lot of fun visiting with my cousins. The rain held off until the very end so that was good. The disco themed birthday party sounds like fun! I am hoping that things are turning around with my weight--it's been so frustrating.

It's beautiful here this morning--only 71 degrees, light breeze, and no humidity! I went for a walk before work this morning (20 minutes) and it was refreshing. I really despise the humid weather so this is great!