Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 11:24 AM   #1  

Thumbs down My 20 yr WW Anniversary

Something struck me this morning as I was having breakfast after my weigh in; this is my 20 year anniversary of being a Lifetime Member of WW.

Oddly enough, I find myself in a similar place as when I originally joined. I don't have my original book, but I weighed 139 when I originally joined. I set 129 as my goal weight. 131 is the 2 lb no pay limit and my wedding day weight.

I have been abscent from meetings for about 1 month. I dunno, I just went a bit nuts. I thought that I could reinvent the wheel and get this weight off quicker. When will I ever learn? This morning I weighed 142.2. I'm 3 lbs heavier then when I originally joined. I've either not learned a darned thing in 20 years. Or I've done a great job of maintaining. :lol
I have alot of trouble with perfectionism and obcessive compulsive behaviors. I can be my own worst enemy. In the spirit of change I'll cut myself some slack and say that I've done a good job maintaining. Atleast I've not given up completely.
Old 02-24-2002, 03:29 PM   #2  

That's the spirit: Never give up! I think it's wonderful that over 20 years, you have maintained within ten pounds or so of your goal. Now that you are ready to go back OP and reach goal again, be patient with yourself and realize that as close to goal as you are, the weight loss may be a bit slower than that of much larger people. But you'll get there!

The program has changed quite a bit over 20 years, so if you haven't attended the orientation session for new members, it might be a good idea to do that.

I too was in WW 30 years ago (1972) and came close to goal for my wedding. Never reached lifetime then, and never really changed my habits. Over the years, I gained nearly 100 pounds! Rejoined in 1999, lost 101 pounds, and am now a lifetime member with a completely different lifestyle.

So you see why I admire you for maintaining so close to your goal. Wish I'd done that too!

Best of luck; you can do it!
Closed Thread