Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 09:49 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Good morning all!

I just joined this forum yesterday. I'm a Lifetime Member of WW currently 12 lbs over goal. This really bums me out. I stayed at goal for 3 years. I went on summer vacation and gained 6 lbs. I have recently lowered my goal weight. So I have the vacation weight plus a few extra to get rid of. Dormant habits slowly reared their ugly heads. I feel that I have hit bottom again. I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. The last few days I've found myself ready to play the game again.

Part of my success before was of course meeting attendance. I will be going back tomorrow. Goal setting was another key to my success. I have set a goal of being able to walk a 12 min mile. (Currently I can walk a 13 min mile) I've never been a real fan of walking. I"ve never believed in its' power to help me change my body. But if the last two days are any indictation, I will have more slender hips and thighs. I am sore in all of the right places! I took my heart rate after I finished walking, it was right where it needed to be at 23 bpm.

Sorry to ramble on so. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
Old 02-22-2002, 10:23 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Meb: What I find helps me when I'm walking is to listen to music, either my own or a walking tape. This helps me keep my pace and makes the time go by faster. I enjoy walking and generally try to pay attention to details like the flowers poking up through the dirt, etc. The meetings help me to stay motivated and that was one thing I've continued since making my goal weight in June '99...I attend weekly meetings. I've just started working as a receptionist for WW as well and I think it's helped me to stay more focused.
Old 02-22-2002, 01:38 PM   #3  

I'm with you on the music Melissa! I had barely made it around the track once, when the batteries in my walkman flamed out.
:lol I've got fresh ones in it for tomorrow!
Closed Thread