Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 06:11 PM   #1  

Angry Hello! New here!

Hello!

I'm a Lifetime member of WW that is presently 12 lbs over goal. Atleast it isn't the entire amount I had lost. My motivation has really been flagging lately. But recently am finding that I am ready to play the "game" again. I'll be returning to meetings on Sat.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

M
Old 02-21-2002, 09:50 PM   #2  

Welcome! Come and join is in our 12 week challenge thread - it will be sure to inspire you!

Kena
Old 02-22-2002, 07:38 AM   #3  

Welcome M. Glad to have you aboard.

I weigh-in on Saturday too. Was up 1.4 last week and I'm not doing so well since, but I keep trying....

This thread and the 12-week challenge that kena mentioned are a great resource. We share the triumphs, defeats and the challenges, and just knowing that someone else is struggling with similar issues seems to help a lot. I credit this site with my being at (or at least close to) goal weight for over two years.

Check in daily. There's always someone around.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:33 AM   #4  

kena - I'm still trying to figure out the rhythm of this forum. Can you give me a few pointers? Thanks.

Seasaw - Congratulations for being at goal two years! WAY TO GO! I want that feeling back. I'm so tired of playng the victim. I'm so tired of feeling bad. I woke up this morning trying to talk myself out of going back to meetings tomorrow. The scale will be up. I keep saying "I'll wait one more week, then I won't show such a huge gain."I want to feel good. I deserve to feel good.
Old 02-22-2002, 10:12 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! I'd like to second what Kena said, join us at the 12 Week Challenge Thread. The threads here are great and as Seasaw stated, we share our triumphs, bumps in the road, etc. We also have a thread "Thin4Life" that we chat about how our weigh in's went, daily life, etc.

I can understand where you're coming from in trying to talk yourself out of going to a meeting on Saturday...you know though in your heart that you'll feel better once you get through the doors Nobody is going to judge you and you're worth it! Let us know how it goes.
Old 02-22-2002, 11:30 AM   #6  

WELCOME MEB!!!!

You've come to the right place. I too went through a "lapse" (check out Gracenote's thread on our stories) and truly feel it was because of these gals and the threads Daily Journal -- 12 Week Challenge -- and Thin4life that I relost the weight --- and more importantly have kept it off without feeling deprived.

We're into Week 11 now, and will finish the Challenge next week. Then we'll be starting a new Challenge the week after. On this thread, we keep track of our daily point totals - yes even on those out-of-control days and it really helps refocus and remotivate. We have a weekly "challenge" that keeps us tweaking ourselves, and allowinng us to let off steam as well. And post towards the end of the week the whole week's worth. Then post how we did at the WW (only) scale. It's amazing how this works.

We're glad to have ya!
Old 02-22-2002, 01:35 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone!!!! I'll get the hang of it in a day or two I am sure! Patch from your pic you look so much like an aerobics instructor that I had several years ago! I really enjoyed her workout classes!
Closed Thread