Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2002, 09:46 PM   #1  

Default New to WW and lovin' it

Hi everyone....
Last Thurs. night I attended my first WW meeting and have successfully been on the Points system for three whole days now, and I'm lovin it. I can't get over how full I feel. It's almost like I can eat all day long, and not feel guilty about it. I've been able to bank atleast 2 points every day....and love the challenge of finding low point snacks to eat. I'm looking for some fun-loving people to post here frequently....I work at home, so I'm online alot, and would love others to share my journey with....the more the merrier.
I weighed in Thurs at 220lbs....and so my 10% goal is 22 lbs which I'm hoping to get by my bday on May 1st....
My ultimate goal is 160 lbs....but one thing at a time.
So as a beginner to all of this I'm open for any little tidbits of info you have to throw my way....let's trade some secret tips and be "losers" together.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone and everyone...
Michelle
Old 02-18-2002, 06:49 PM   #2  

I love your name
You will find that Weight Watchers is the best!! It will teach you lifelong lessons on nutrition. Surf this site and some of the others, talked about here. They will be an invaluable source of information. Other than this one I check out:
www.dwlz.com they have a great resturant quide and
www.bootcampbuddies.com a tough love support group

Good luck on your journey.
quilting lady
Old 02-18-2002, 09:22 PM   #3  

Angry Congratulations

Congratulations on joining Weight Watchers. I joined on January 7th 2002 and I weighed 247.5. At my weigh in tonight - I am 226.2. I will meet my 10% hopefully next Monday night.

I am blown away by how great this program is working for me. I just love it. I also love all the support I have found on the internet.

I would like to be buddies. Please add me to your buddy list if you like.

Good luck and hope to hear from you.

Amy
Old 02-18-2002, 10:10 PM   #4  

Default Hey ladies

Quilting Lady and Amy,
Thanks for the reply....well it's day four, and I haven't cheated yet...a new record for me. But I feel like I'm eating all day long, and I'm really satisfied. My scale has gone into hiding, I vowed only to weigh in at WW and not to sneak a peek...I want to be surprised. Finding more and more ways to get inventive with my snacking and low point items....let's trade snack ideas some time.
Amy, I added you to the buddy list, and you go girl!!! I can't believe your results, that's great!!!
Quilting Lady....what can I say, I'm a fellow quilter. Addicted from the start.
Well I'd better go, but I look forward to hearing from you again, or anyone else who needs a good diet buddy.
Love,
Michelle
[email protected]
Old 02-19-2002, 07:44 PM   #5  

Hello all
We'll I'm a 3rd time WW joiner & this time it's going to work.
Amy you are doing great, or you just following points, or getting in lots of exercise?
Old 02-19-2002, 07:54 PM   #6  

Welcome Patty....my diet buddy is a third time WW joiner also...and like you, she says that this is the time. She always had to go alone before, and now we have each other, so far so good.
I'll leave a messege later when I have more time.
Michelle
Old 02-19-2002, 09:11 PM   #7  

Default Hi Patty

Yes, I am doing great. Thanks for the compliment. I got my second compliment from a co-worker who wasn't aware that I am attending WW. it is nice to hear those comments!

I am attending meetings and following the program to a T. It is really clicking this time around. I guess there is a time for everything and now must be my time for weight loss.

I have more to lose than ever before and I can use all of the help I can get.

Are you attending meetings? What are your challenges. I am opposed to exercise so I am struggling with that.

Welcome aboard.

Amy
Old 02-20-2002, 10:21 AM   #8  

Question Menus

Hey everyone,
I'm really curious as to what everyone's day as far as menus are like....how are you filling your points....I usually start my day with a bowl of Cherrios and skim milk or Light Toast with Light rasp jam...and a yogurt.
And dinner is usually a tuna or turkey sand with lett and tomato, some vegetable like asparagus, broccoli, or spinich, and a cup of some fruit...been eating alot of honeydew and cantalaupe lately....and then supper is more flexible....just depends...one night all I had for supper was baked chips and fat free refried beans....I doubled the servings and figured the points.....it was filling and worth it though.
And I have yet to get through a day without eating a skinny cow...yummy. I have to have snacks....just can't live without them....So as I said, I'm curious...what is everyone else eating?
Let me know
Michelle
Old 02-20-2002, 03:59 PM   #9  

Default Daily menu

hi Michelle,
I saw your post and thought I would let you know what all I have been eating on WW. I started about 5 weks ago at 212 and am now 199, and I will say I have not been always TOTALLY on points, I guess I am trying to say i have a tendency to cheat. But I exercise a lot!
Anyway, I like to have more points in the evening so I don't get hungry, so usually i have a peice of fruit and water for bfast, then i do about 45 minuted of cardio.
Then for lunch sometimes I have a turkey sandwich, or Healthy Choice soup, or Lipton cup o soup. Those are always low points and they fill me up!!!! The WW 0 points veggie soup is also a staple. Another good filling lunch is a baked potato, with pasta sauce and a little mozzarella cheese. It is about 4 points if you use a nedium baked potato, and really sticks to the ribs!!
For dinner I usually have grilled burgers with veggies, or broiled fish or chicken, a salad, some potato or rice or pasta w/ lite margarine and steamed veggies. We usually have a big dinner.
Then I have SKINNY COW for dessert most times, though I am trying to stoip eating at all after dinner. I fel better if I don't.
For snacks I like frozen grapes, yogurt, cheese, hardboiled eggs, lite bread toasted with honey, pretzels, and right now, Thin Mints girl scout cookies. 4 of them is 3 points!
Well, i hope this gave you some ideas, good luck on the WW program, I am convinced it is the best!!!!!!

Anjie
Old 02-20-2002, 09:50 PM   #10  

We'll no wonder you all are doing great... You are eating great. That is my problem. Like I said this is my 3rd attempt at weight watchers.
for breakfast I've been trying to eat Oatmeal or Kashi GO-Lean ceral (it has 8 grams of protein) & some skim milk.
Lunch -we'll I haven't been prepareing my meals so I've been going out for salads, chef, taco etc.
Dinner - some type of frozen food.
snacks - at work I try and keep canned fruit, or some type of chip,(counted out) or fresh fruit..
Exercise - I just can't get myself motivated. In the morning, it's either to cold, or i'm too tired & in the evening i'm always tired.
When I started WW in jan, I had lost like 1 lb each week & in my 3rd week my brother inlaw passed awaysuddenly & I went on a emotional eating binge. I was aware of what I was eating, but I use food as a comfort. But now i'm trying to get back on point & it's so hard.
My biggest problem is candy and ice cream. For a while I was eating a 1/2 gal of light ice cream a week. I would eat it instead of dinner. But luckily I gave it up for Lent and haven't eaten any yet.
My other problem is I haven't been journaling. I have got to start doing that.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:23 PM   #11  

Default fellow WW fan

This is my 2nd try at WW. I joined in \dec.2000. so far I'm down 65 lbs. in 14 months. My advice is to not give up,even if you have weeks where you maintain or go up, this is a life change,not a diet. The meetings are the KEY to this program and I have a super leader,I love my meetings. My dh joined me in the fight in Jan, and my dd is joining again on Monday. So 4 out of the 6 in our family are WW members!!It's great.

Sue
Old 02-21-2002, 11:25 AM   #12  

Default Tonight's the night

Well ladies....tonight's the night...at 5:30, I get to see if my hard work is paying off....I'm so anxious, and I can't wait.... I almost cheated and weighed yesterday, but restrained....hopefully it will be worth the "weight" , pun intented...lol. I wanted to start my day off with my big meal....so for breakfast I had two pieces of my light toast with light red rasp. jelly-1pt....3 egg whites-1 pt.....a cup of obrien potatoes-1 pt, and a cup of skim milk- 2 pts...so a total of 5 pts...that's a huge breakfast for me....I'm going to have my super no point salad for dinner.....and drink all of my water before 2:00....so that's out of my way too, and I don't have that extra water weight....and then I'll have 24 pts. left for supper after the weigh in .....yeah...the possibilities for supper are endless...he he... and tonight I'm losing all of my banked points too and starting the week over...14.5 of them....poof....gone...oh, well. So tomorrows message will be about the weigh in, I'm sure...I'll let you know how things turn out....I'm just glad I can say that I made it through my first week....and still lovin the program...and I haven't cheated once...and that alone just gives me such a feeling of accomplishment...any weight loss will just be icing on the cake.
Keep your fingers crossed, and I'll update you tomorrow,
Michelle
Old 02-21-2002, 01:38 PM   #13  

Mitchell - You will do great. Just a reminder, sometimes the scale doesn't move as fast as we want it to. So be prepared. But remember any loss is a loss. You have stayed OP & know that you may be losing inches vs weight.
I'll be waiting for your results.... No need to cross my fingers cause I know you have done well.
Old 02-22-2002, 11:30 AM   #14  

Default Yahoooooo!!!!

Hey everyone,
Well it's the end of week one and I went last night and weighted in....and yahoooooo!!!!....I lost five pounds in my first week....my friend lost 5.4, so on with the second week. I'm lovin' WW still, it's sooooo easy to stick with the program, and now I want to start adding exercising more to my regimine...can't wait to weigh in next week now too...hope everyone else is doing good, talk at ya later,
Michelle
Old 02-22-2002, 12:59 PM   #15  

WAY TO GO GIRL ! That is great. Just think if you add the exercise, it would be that more better. It's the weekend, I hope everyone has a great weekend & a OP day.
I won't log on til sunday nite.
Closed Thread