Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 02:39 AM   #16  
I just wanna be me :-)

S/C/G: 265/224.6/141

HI guys,
I am back sorry for the lapse in posting, but i was having a CRAPPY few days. But i am better now and back to me . I actually went to the gym on friday and walked and tears kept leaking down my cheeks, but i kept walking anyway. I walked 3 miles friday, 3 miles saturday, 2 miles sunday, and none today but did a 6 hour power clean the living room and kitchen, ya know the cupboards, the frig, the laundry, moving EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!
Well nighters folks
Old 02-20-2002, 10:21 AM   #17  

Marion, glad you are back. I hope you have a successful week. If you would like to do more power cleaning, I think my house would love it.

Dora, God Bless you and your friends and family for taking on such a responsibility. I have been around a few kids who were autistic and it was so hard for me. The kids I was around had no real way to communicate and it broke my heart.

Well, this week is getting better for me. I have been adding in fruit and veggies. In fact I just finished my mid-morning snack of peaches (a 1 point helping). I have pretty much switched to slim fast meal bars for breakfast b/c I eat at work while checking my e-mail. I have also started to go to the gym again. Last week I only got to go once.

Well, gotta go.
mystery
Old 02-20-2002, 01:58 PM   #18  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Howdy all,

It's a gorgeous day here in Central Texas. Yesterday was shorts weather. (course, my shorts are now a bit SNUG )
I got the day off to take my dd'ss 4th grade to see a musical version of Tom Sawyer. It was pretty cute and upbeat.

If I can get my errands done before school lets out, I'll have some time to rake my poor yard. Live oak trees shed ALL THE TIME and their leaves don't have the good grace to blow away into someone else's yard.

While I can't say I am doing anything WW, at least I am thinking about it. Hopefully that will rub off and turn into action. Tomorrow I am making shepherd's pie for the supper club and the mashed potatoes are lowfat. But, I'm also bringing a monstrous chocolate cake and something none chocolate for dessert. It's the non-chocy that's going to get me. But it's all my own choices, righteeo?

My new nephew, Royce, has the mentality of a 4 yr old, but his highschool teacher had a math book of multiplication facts at the house and seemed to think Royce could handle it with some help. He's a big, sweet teddy bear most of the time. Gave me a big hug yesterday and told me about school. At the same time, he has to be restricted from the most basic of privileges and earn the good stuff with good behaviour. Boot camp for Royce means he cann have water and go to the bathroom, the rest is to be earned.

Kathy -do autistics have normal lifespans? I seem to remember that Down Syndrome kids live short lives. Royce seems very healthy, I just wonder who/how to handle him 20 years from now.
And thank God I only handle an obstinate whiz kid on a daily basis. (and THAT'S another story in my life... )

Gotta go run those errands. Y'all be good!
Old 02-20-2002, 07:41 PM   #19  

I started walking 30 minutes a day four days ago and still am finding muscles I did not know I had. I can however, feel that my stomach is tightening and I have not felt that since I got pregnant over two years ago. I would love to join a gym this summer but still am too uncomfortable excercising around others.
Dora, usually kids with autism live an average life span. People with down syndrome usually die younger due to heart problems or other disorder related medical conditions. I spent almost 10 years working with preschool children who have special needs. It is so hard to see them suffer each day and it takes such special people to devote their lives to raising these children. Most of the children I worked with had terminal problems and I could not take seeing another little person die. So instead I started a daycare in my home. I thought it would be easier.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:50 AM   #20  
Senior Tortoise

Time for a new thread. See you there.
Closed Thread