Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 07:59 PM   #16  

Hello Everyone,

It's been a couple of weeks since I stopped in, glad to see you Akasha. That Garlic shrimp sounds "good", will give it a try - Teri.. my DH likes Lamb so will try that one also . Lilac..

My last 4 weeks at weigh in have all been sloww additions of the pounds I lost... to a total of 6 pounds up. Not impressed with my self, in fact totally discussed

Need to refocus? rethink? reform? remotivate myself!!

I need to come here for encouragement from you good people, on a regular basis... I tend to withdraw when I don't have success... and turn to old eating habits!

Well, I guess that is the end of my confessions and now I have to set my mind on working really hard to re-loose those 6 pounds plus more...

293.2/291/275 for now
Old 02-10-2002, 03:55 AM   #17  

Hello Everyone,

It's been a couple of weeks since I stopped in, glad to see you Akasha. Terri: that garlic shrimp sounds good! Lilac: my DH like lamb so will give it a try!

My last 4 weeks at weigh in have all been going in the wrong direction...up...up. 6 pounds to be exact. Not impressed with my self, went out and ate a big breakie after weigh in, totally discussed with me!!

I know, re-focus, re-think, re-motivate myself... so easy to say, but so hard to do I need to come here for encouragement from you good people on a regular basis... I tend to withdraw when things go wrong, and beat on myself, and turn to bad eating habits.

Well, I guess that is the end of my confession and self pity. Thanks for listening!
Old 02-10-2002, 08:54 AM   #18  

Good morning everyone I wont be around much today have to leave for work at 2pm, but I wanted to see how everyone is doing. Me? Well I am sill hanging in there. Yesterday could have been better, but it could have been much worse. My spirits are much better, and I feeling stronger about my plan again. I'm determined to hang in there. Theres really nothing new going on with me. Weigh in is this Thursday again, but I'm feeling better about it. I know I can do this, and I know you ladies are there for me when I slip and when I sucedde, and I'm going to make this. We are going to make it! Thank you again for the encouragement.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:15 AM   #19  

Well, our car broke down while we were down in Greenville, SC -- so we ended up having it towed back to our home (near Asheville, NC). A friend of ours drove down to pick us up and return us home. Long wait, very dull, and I hadda go to that bathroom really, really bad. When we finally got home, it was kinda sorta a boring, yucky day. So on Monday we'll have two cars in the shop and none at home. I'll be doing lunch with a friend who'll also take me into town so I can ship stuff -- at least I hope our business won't be too disrupted by the car stuff.

Lunch today was a great tuna sandwich with a slice o' lemon poppy seed pound cake (12 points total -- a little high but worth it). Dinner will be open-faced crab melt sandwiches (I've posted that recipe before I think). Yum!

Lilac -- I'm glad your doctor's visit went well. I've been blessed that I've rarely (if ever) had a doctor who railed on my for my weight. I ascribe this to the fact that most o' my doctors have been, themselves, quite overweight.

Gina Marie -- Yummy chocolates -- bane of the dieter's existance! Hope the rest of your weekend was more on track -- but just as yummy!

Linda -- Emotional eating is hard one to overcome, I think. I know that even my skinny friends have issues with this - so maybe its less something to overcome than something to work with. So you binge in some way today 'cause you're down, then tomorrow you eat even more moderately than usual 'cause you know you binged yesterday. Like that. That's my theory anyway.

Akasha -- I'm glad you're feeling a little better. I'm great at remembering why other folks should be okay with a slight up during weigh - in but less good at remembering it when I'm up. Go figure? We're over in Waynesville -- so that makes us practically neighbors.

Teaki -- Glad to hear from you again! Coming here to see us every day or two may be one of your first steps to gettin' back on track. I know we'd be glad to be there for you!

Have a great Sunday, ladies!
Old 02-10-2002, 07:40 PM   #20  

Sorry for the double post... the first one disappeared into thin air - no pun intended!!! LOL

I am just waiting for the other caregiver to arrive, I have been here for a very long 48 hours with my lady with Dementia. And I can hardly wait to go home and shower (she smokes and i don't), then see what nutritional supper my DH has prepared for me tonight. He is a good cook but doesn't always make wise meals for me, but once a week, I can appreciate any meal that I don't have to cook. The couch is calling me tonight, tomorrow I going to try and finish one of my paintings.

Lilac: chin up, you just keep doing what you been doing!

Gina: chocolate is my weakness! Right now I have the craving for a sweet after eating a healthy meal... Bad habit. How you enjoyed the rest of the weekend.

Linda: You are going to have to get with a strong and motivated friend are weigh in... I'm working on becoming one of those people. Together we can do it!

Akasha: I was told to exhale my breath and then I would weigh less.. yea, right... and what if I can't hold my breath out for the leangth of time it take the weigher to read the scale... dead faint and embarrassed me!! LOL Seriously, I do try and wear the same clothes each time.

Every one have a good OP week!
Old 02-11-2002, 04:06 AM   #21  

It is monday morning and I am on my way to work in a few minutes. Just popping in to say hi.

A few of us seem to be struggling at the moment. I find February difficult in all sorts of ways. It is that whole post christmas should be a better person thing that really gets me every time.....I have not been journalling for a few days and sure enough I have eaten over points. Lunch at my mum and dad's yesterday was a bit of a points disaster, but I had been prepared for that. Today I have made myself a flask of beetroot soup (will she drop splodges on her nice pink sweat shirt..... ) which is zero point and I have packed a chocolate ww bar for 1.5pts. Breakfast was red berry and oat porridge with soya milk (3.5pts). And dinner tonight is low fat ceasar salad with grilled chicken - I need to check the points but i think it is 10. That will get me back on track after yesterday..... then back to normal points tomorrow.

It is easy really isnt it? It is just a question of not eating food with lots of sugar and fat in.

I have a busy week. I have loads of appointments and then I have computer training on thurs and fri (advanced Excel and beginners Access), then the weekend is an assessed weekend at college, which is a bit nerve racking. Then quite a busy week next week too, although I have blocked out next thurs pm and fri all day as 'no appointments' to try to get my sanity back. But until then I am go go go....I am absolutely not going to be eat eat eat though. My brother is coming for an easter visit, and will, in the nicest possible way, comment on my increased weight from the last time I saw him unless I lose another 10 or 15 before then. I dont see him very often as he lives in Germany. It is not a very good reason to stick to the straight and narrow, but it is certainly a factor!

Also we have 'body awareness' as a weekend at college in June (I think June) and also 'sexuality' in the autumn. I am going to feel more comfortable with both of these topics if I can at least fit in to the chairs.........

Off to work now. Remember to fill up with veggies and gulp down that water...
love, Lilac
Old 02-11-2002, 07:45 AM   #22  

Ok, only 5 seconds ago, there was a post here I was working on..... Where did it go???

Oh well, if I double post I'm sorry, but here goes again.....
Hey ladies, how are you all doing this morning. Well I'm still hangin in there. Made it through the weekend without too much damage. Working nites has its good and bad qualities. The main good one is, my job gets me so busy, I sometimes forget to eat. But then on the down side, if I'm not careful I really pile on the food when I get home. Last nite I did fairly well. I eat a beefjerky at work, because I was feeling week, then came home and had some greenbeans and a 1/2 slice of meat loaf. Thank the Gods for moms who can cook good.
There is a lady at work now who is trying to shed a few pounds, so she has become my tempory weight loss buddy. I say tempory because she kept encouraging me to go get some diet pills, when I tried to explain to her about WW and about how I dont like using pills, and for this this isnt a diet, but a way of eating for life now, she just didnt get it. Dont get me wrong, I'm not bashing diet pills, they honestly do help some people, but for me someone who has to lose over 150 pounds, lets just say if I depended on diet pills to do that, by the time I was done, I would have put enough money into the company to own part of it

Well I guess I better let every get back to their busy life. Thank you guys for listening to me rant and rave, lol. I have to work again tonite, but I'll try to check back in later with ya'll. Stay strong and OP. Have a great Monday.
Old 02-11-2002, 08:29 AM   #23  

Morning, ladies!

Yesterday sucked. Busy, angry, frustrated -- all good words for yesterday. I hate being without a car (albeit temporarily) and so does the rest o' my brood -- so we were all bit on edge and pickin' at each other by the end of the day.

So this morning I woke up and decided today would be different. I started it off on the right foot by making breakfast for my family -- french toast with strawberries and ff whipped cream. Slurp-a-licious! My husband is now showering (I brought him his breakfast in bed) and the kids are home schooling already. I'll pull items for shipping in just a bit as I have a friend coming by to take me to the post office (and lunch and the garage).

I've decided that today's watchword is: <b>positive attitude</b>. If figure if I can keep in mind that I'm supposed to have a positive attitude - I will have one -- and that will go a long way towards making today productive instead of dismal.

Teaki -- You paint? Do tell! My daughter has always wanted to be a painter and I keep tellin' her to be a painter one simply has to paint. A lot.

Lilac -- I participated in an absolutely hysterical "sexuality" weekend when I was in college. Truthfully, the school hadn't had any luck getting folks to sign up and my boss (at the school's computer center) asked me if I'd be willing to go if they (a) paid for the entire weekend and (b) paid me hourly for the hours I'd be attending the workshop! So I of course asked my husband and then went! I was the oldest one there and the only married-with-children as well. And I was the only one there who didn't appear to be a cheerleader or cheerleader-wanna-be. On the other hand, I had a b-l-a-s-t 'cause I was also the only one there who was comfortable with the topic.

Akasha -- Ah, diet pills. I think that comes from the idea that somehow weight-loss will be "easy" if you just use pills ... I have an overweight friend who is always lookin' for a new media article explaining the latest "why my weight isn't my fault" theory so that she can lom on to it and make it her own (ie, "It isn't my fault; NBC news just said that 15% of the population suffer from .... which makes losing weight just about impossible!"). Its impressive as **** that you've recognized that a new life style is a better solution than drugs.

J-Ann -- Wheredya go?

More to come!
Old 02-11-2002, 11:29 AM   #24  
CatGal

Unhappy Motivated? Monday?

Good Morning All!

My weekend left much to be desired. On Saturday, I lost it because of one of those changes is plans where you thought that you were going to eat x at y o'clock and you end up not being able to eat until WAY later than that, so you freak and pig out! Then yesterday we had dinner at my folks, good low point food, just WAY too much of it! Besides I had eaten too much before we even got the invite! So it was treadmill on Sat and Sun, but it didn't do me much good. The PMS moster has gotten me bad, and I have already eaten a bagel this morning instead of my better choice oatmeal!

WI this morning, lost 1 pound, but I still think with all the treadmilling that I am doing that I should be losing more!

Linda - I am sorry to hear about your gain this week! I know that frustrated unacceptable feeling. Shake it off! I will try to shake my funk off too, and we can go on from here! P.S. - I LOVE restaurant breakfast!

Akasha - I am glad that you are going to go with a WI routine. It can't hurt. Just don't starve yourself the day of WI. I used to do that, and I would end up shaky and ravenous by the time I hit the scale. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!! You had a good plan working for yourself, too bad you were called in to work. It is nice to hear you in better spirits. Good for you for not falling into that diet pill trap. They make me too jittery to make them worth taking for me.

Teaki - Nice to meet you! Try not to withdraw when you need us most! We are all here for you, but better yet, we UNDERSTAND! How nice for your DH to cook for you once a week!

Bunny - 2 broken cars! I hope you get that sorted out soon. Sorry to hear about your bad day. We all have them, but your positive attitude plan is really great to get the day off to the right start and to carry you through the rest of it!

Lilac - February is my worst month. It is the shortest, but seems to be the longest! Dark dreary middle of winter... blech! Don't forget to take some time out for yourself during these buzy weeks coming up! I can totally relate to wanting to fit into those chairs! I am flying in a little over two weeks, I am NOT looking forward to it! The vacation, I am looking forward to, but not the 6 hour flight!

Oh well! I'd better get on with my day! Hope you all have a good one!
GinaMarie
291/288/262 - 10% goal
Old 02-11-2002, 03:52 PM   #25  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default Dhecking In

I'm not among the missing, really.
Just had a quiet weekend at home. Was able to stay OP even tho there's a gorgeous chocolate cake in the kitchen.
I've been reading everyone's posts but can't get together individual answers right now. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

Off to turn up the heat. It's cold here today. Burr.
Old 02-11-2002, 07:55 PM   #26  
Slimwithin

j-ann, I don't think personal, individual posts are required. I for one rarely have time to post to everyone else's post. I just want you all to know that I DO read everyone's post and cheer and/or sympathise where necessary. Mostly I just come here to tell all of you how I'm doing and hear how you're doing and it's nice to know I'm not the only one who's struggling this month.
The day started off pretty good. I had multigrain toast with light cream cheese prior to going to the pool. I felt really exhausted after spending a bit too long in the whirlpool after my water workout and, of course, instead of having a nap when I got home I ate something. Just oatmeal with apple & milk but it brought my morning points up to 10.
This afternoon I went grocery shopping and picked up a light Sub sandwich (5 points) on my way home. Didn't stop with that though. WOund up having four cookies as well. Darn! Still, not too much damage done. Dinner will be roast chicken, asparagus, baked potato with light sour cream and possibly a diet jello dessert. Trying to keep to within my points exactly. No more fooling around trying to stay lower than my lowest allowable points. I just end up binging when I do that.
Yesterday I worked in the garden for a couple of hours. Actually had DH home and together we pruned the fruit trees and the grape vines and then I did some trimming of other shrubs that I hadn't gotten around to last fall. Some crocuses are blooming as is the winter heather, the Lenten Rose blooming right on time for Lent and the clematis have fat leaf buds. Pruned them too. Nice to be out in the fresh air.
Another gorgeous sunny day today. It felt like shirtsleeve weather. I know that rain is on the way though.
I'll check in tomorrow.
LindaBC
Old 02-12-2002, 07:50 AM   #27  

Hey ladies! How is everyone doing? I'm doing ok, had a few moments before dd gets up so I thought I'd catch up with everyone.

Slutbunny- I'm so sorry to hear about your car. I'm in the same boat. Mine is sitting in the drive and refuses to run. Me and my lil one was at Walmart and it stalled out, then I had to drive home with no headlights, because when I turned them on, it would die, go figure. Hope you get yours back on the road soon.

Gina- Girl do I know what you are talking bout. I have those days all the time, just remember nothing hardly ever goes as planned, just pick yourself up and move on. Great work on the treadmill. I hope you have a great day.

j-ann- I havent gotten the change to say hey to you, since I'm new here, but cant wait to get to know you better. Have a wonderful day.

Linda- I envy you, I'd love to be able to get out and work in my garden, I'd love to be able to grow a garden, lol. Thats not one of my strongest features. I hope you have a great day today.

Well ladies I'm off. Hang in there, and remember, we all can do this.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:34 AM   #28  
CatGal

Hello All!

I am feeling much better today, thank you. I made a discovery on my treadmill last night... I can control the speed that I walk at by tenths of mph. I had been walking at 2 mph and an incline of 8 because 3 mph was too fast for me. I HATED it! Now last night, I started at 2 mph and worked my way up to 2.4 mph and I walked 1 mile and a quarter! I feel very good today. I did well food wise yesterday too. It feels good to be back on track!

j-ann - Thanks for checking in. WTG staying OP with that cake in the fridge. We all know how bad I am at resisting chocolate!

Linda - Your garden sounds lovely. DH and I are going to need a lot of help in the garden of our new home this spring... We have no clue! I eat at the top of my points range just about everyday. I have some kind of bizzare theory that if you keep your body fuled adequately, that you will burn more calories...

Akasha - What is it with us and car troubles?!? Mine is in the shop as well. Needs a new clutch! That should run me a pretty penny that I dont have!

Well, I hope you all have a great day!
G
Old 02-12-2002, 08:20 PM   #29  
Slimwithin

Today I was out most of the day. I started off with two pieces of grainy toast, one slice with thin ham and the other with some light cream cheese and jelly.
Then I took a friend to my daughter's house where she has a home salon (very busy too) and we had our hair done. Then out to lunch and that's where my problems began. I had Lime Chicken Breast and rice which wasn't bad but first we shared nachos and hot spinach dip. Very nummy and addictive. Still, I don't think I did too bad. I think some of their salads are probably higher in calories than the chicken and rice.

You know, it's one thing to know the benefits of exercise and quite another to actually get up and DO it? I know that it helps to keep my blood glucose under control and I should do some every day. I even have this dumb aero-glider thingy sitting in my guest bedroom but I really, REALLY hate it. The motion just isn't natural to me and it wobbles something awful. I want my daughter to pick it up and get it out of my sight. Why, oh WHY does exercise have to be such a PAIN??!!!
The rest of you all seem to get such satisfaction from it. All I get is PAIN. I know, I know. Just DO it, Linda. (sigh) I'll try.

Another gorgeous day here. The sun sparkled on the snowy mountain peaks and the birdies at the feeder were singing their hearts out. Nice to see more spring blossoms blooming. Love my kittywillows. I have a large p-willow tree and they're purrrrfect right now. Wish I could give a bunch of them to each of you.

LindaBC
Old 02-12-2002, 09:40 PM   #30  

Gina- I am so sorry to hear about your car too. I think mine is the alternator, I think. I'm not macanic so I dont know.

Today was horrible for me. Talk about a new beginning, well I needed one all day. I knew it would be bad. As hard as work it, I think I'd rather be at work, because when I'm here all I seem to do it eat. Well I'm going to go study some. Hope everyone has a good nite.
Closed Thread