Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:55 PM   #121  
focused and aiming

Ann, you are right. I need to get hang in there with my old jeans. Tomorrow is Day 1 for me. I'll do it.

I hope you get some rest tonight. Thank you for your encouragement. I especially appreciate it since you gave it while exhausted.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:23 AM   #122  

Good morning all!

Not much new and exciting here in my world. Had a good day eating wise yesterday. Dh went golfing for most of the day, so while he was out playing I got some house cleaning done. I still can't get my pedometer to accurately count steps, so I'm going to have to take it back and get a new one. I'm so disappointed...I did a lot of running around yesterday! We've finally decided to replace our kitchen floor, so we did some shopping for that after dh got home. We have tile now that was NOT meant to be in a kitchen. When it is wet it is SO slippery...I mopped yesterday and went over it with a towel to try to dry it, but little dd and I both fell. Dd was just a little stunned, but got right back up...my side is all bruised today!!! The tile is also so cracked and the little pieces are constantly coming up and cutting my feet, so I said, THAT IS IT!!! I don't care how much it costs!!! We've decided to put down the pergo-type pieces that lock together and don't require any gluing. Instead of the hardwood look we are getting stone. So anyway...that is the extent of excitement in my life for the weekend!!! LOL!

Today after I get back from church we are going to the Harvest Festival that they have every weekend at a place near here. Every week it's a different theme, this week it's Cajun. I'm going to eat before I go, and I'm not into that type of food, so I'm not too worried about it. I hate spending money on food at places like that, too. But it's free to get in, and there are a lot of activities for the kids, so we're going to go check it out.

Check back in later...
Old 09-23-2007, 06:50 AM   #123  

Pedometer report: Halfway through the day I took it off. I know it's very inaccurate. I had put it on after my shower and getting dressed vs. on my bathrobe. Walked outside and DH and I took a ride in his antique car which is a bit bumpier than newer vehicles, to be sure. We stopped at a couple of yard sales and then got home and I had nearly 3000 steps on the thing. There was no possible way I had gone that many steps. I think it's really overly sensitive and counted bumps in the road and things like that as steps. So, I'm wondering if Paige did find an adjustment or did any of you find this kind of thing? No sense wearing it if it is really off, is there?
Kim2, no Ikea stores are near here, I've heard they are good, though. Oh well, they will probably expand in this direction at some point.
I'm now at a different desk with this computer and I'm not liking it much. the keyboard is the wrong height now. My legs can't cross under this desk, either. How annoying. But, this is the nicer looking piece of furniture with more storage and all my stuff is already out of the old desk. I'll experiment with different chairs, I guess.
Kim, glad you are still here. I was worrying. How are things with your daughter going?
Laura, so what did you do with the chicken?
Also, we ended up with take out food last night. I had pizza, but counted flex points and was OK with that. It was so nice to have after a VERY long time. We didn't go out as both my kids were not feeling well last night.
Ontarget, moving is very difficult. I hope your plans go well, it's quite the different life. I think I could never give up a homebase as you have, you are brave! Remember one thing as you go through each day, you always have choices, keep trying with each choice you make to do what is best for you. Hmmm... greasy burger or the salad? : )
Ann, great post as usual. I can't imagine you having to push yourself to exercise. You always seem so motivated.
Paige, so sorry you feel! I hope you are OK and it doesn't slow you down. I have a Pergo floor as well and I love it. You won't regret it. It is also so much warmer than tile, if you drop something it might not break on this stuff either, tile is not forgiving.
Well, I have to go. DH and I are heading North to our cabin at the lake just for the day today. I look forward to it, might be some early foliage and I think it will be nice to get away. Take care!
Old 09-23-2007, 08:11 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Up and drinking my coffee. I'm off to church in a bit.

I ended up putting some McCormicks Carribean Jerk Seasoning on the chicken breasts and baking them. I took some potatoes, sliced them thin and layered onion and some carribean jerk seasoning in them in a tin foil packet and backed them in beside the chicken. Pretty tasty and easy. I thought I'd have all this energy to get stuff done yesterday and I really didn't I cleaned out our media closet and straightened that while I loaded my new Ipod with music. I'm a bit of a online sweeps player and I won the Ipod through an instant win game. I had the original Nano that my DH bought me but he has pretty much monopolized it and put in his music on it. So I declared this one mine mine mine and loadede exactly waht I wanted on it to include my good walking music. Won't get much of a chance to use it today unless they let me go early from work - don't see that happening either.

Anyway, have a great Sunday everybody. I'm off to a Tupperware party this afternoon before work. Haven't been to one of those in FOREVER. I was given a book a few months ago but didn't go to the first party I got invited to. This friend said to come even if I don't order - although I could use a couple small things to help with the WW journey
Old 09-23-2007, 09:36 AM   #125  
Core convert

S/C/G: 150/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Everyone! I'm new to this site
Old 09-23-2007, 11:01 AM   #126  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Good Sunday Morning,
So, I was sooo motivated to get in 12,000 steps that I forgot to put on the @#$% pedometer after my shower! How rediculous. I had over 5,000 after my walk, so I am guessing that between all the walking we did at the rock and gem show and just the normal around the house stuff.... I did manage to get it all in. But I sure would have liked to see those numbers. Did well with eating all day until the evening then I got those nasty muchies again. We had a late dinner and I fell back into an "old me" pattern of just grazing through the panrty everytime I passed it as I was waiting for dinner to finish cooking. The only positive thing I can say is that I was choosing healthier munchies... rice cakes and nuts. Then to make matters worse, we had a bon fire with the kiddies and they made sommores and I not only had one, but two. I really need to think through that grazing behavior a little more. It is so impulsive that I don't really even think what I am doing, I just do it. I had some veggies in the fridge that would have been better.... or I could have just waited like I told the kids. Yup, I was a big ol' hypocrite!! Not good.

Welcome Lyndsay!

Sandra - I will second what Ann said. You need to find your control over this situation. If RV living is going to be your new lifestyle, you have to work your eating lifestyle into it. You have to make it not ok to eat donuts for breakfast. Congrats on selling your house so quickly. I am in Michigan and we have neighbors who have had their house on the market for over a year and have had only 2 people look at it. (yes it is a very nice house!!!)

Linda - Sounds like you already have the desk thing figured out, but Ikea does have a website, ikea.com, that you can check out. I haven't been to the store yet that just opened not to far from me, but I did get the catalogue and it was full of stuff that I want!

Laura - your chicken sounds delish! I may have to try it on a night that the kiddies aren't around. They don't like anything to hot or spicy.

Paige - How exciting to get your new floor. The pergo stuff is pretty easy to put in. We don't have it in our house, but DH put it in his parents and I was amazed how quickly it got laid in.

Kim - glad to see you are still lurking about. I think that you need to proud that you are "half" trying. That is definately better than not trying at all. Now you only have to go half way to get back OP instead of all the way!

Well, I have been lazy enough this morning. I am waiting on a walk to see if my friend can come over and walk together. Otherwise, I may just wait and walk on the treadmill while watching the season premieres tonight. FIL is coming for dinner, don't know what we will be having yet, but I know we will eat early so no snacking! I also know it will be very healthy as he has diabetes and doesn't eat like he should. I always try and have an extra healthy meal so that he can see it isn't a punishment to eat well. Just a way of life!!

Everyone have a super healthy day!! Keep steppin!
Kim2
Old 09-23-2007, 11:58 AM   #127  

I have had no issues except for placement with my pedometer and have had it since the beginning of the year. I put it in my hand and watched to see if it was recording correctly and it appears to do fine
Old 09-23-2007, 01:21 PM   #128  
focused and aiming

WGood morning. It's good to see so many posting so early. Thank you all for your words of wisdom and encouragement. I am taking this omohod at a time now. I'm doing well today and am journaling. I know ya'll know what I'm talking about here---- reading your signatures is helping me get refocused. Thank you again.

Welcome, Lindsay. I'm really new here, too.

Paige, I'm glad you're getting the new kitchen floor.

Linda, you're right. I need to make healthy choices. I don't have a pedometer but I drove up and down the lanes here at the RV park to see how far it was. It's 1/2 a mile for one trip. I'm setting a "get moving while moving" goal for myself. I'm going to walk a minimum of 1 mile per day starting today.

Laura, your chicken dinner sounds like it was really tasty. I am baking a large potato now for dh and me to share. We'll have chicken breasts and veggies to go with it.

Kim, congratulations on choosing healthy munchies. Some days that's as good as it gets.

I may have worded it wrong about our becoming fulltime RV'ers. We bought a large 5th wheel that we have named "The Condo." We won't be mobile with it once we get it down to TX and set up at my son's. It will be a "sort of" permanent residence. While we're putting in a well, septic, driveway, we'll be living at an RV park about 10 miles from him. Once we get the set up ready, we'll move the condo to it's "home." We'll be living about 100-200 yds from our 2 young granddaughters.

We also have a 26' travel trailer. We're taking it to TX and will use it to travel around. Guess I'm making this a long story. However, long story short--we are mainly downsizing and will live in a much much smaller place. We're in our 60's and thought it was time to start decluttering--and mainly time to live closer to family.

Most of our travels will continue to revolve around archery championships but will now include fishing trips as well as some just being tourists. Life is good.

Kim, what you and Ann said is right. I need to have more determination with staying op. Op is my normal eating lifestyle. Guess I hit some bumps in the road. I will do better starting right now and will get out of "panic" mode. Unhealthy eating choices haven't helped with one thing that's going on.

Have a great day, everyone. I'll be back later to keep my journal here updated. Here it is so far:

B--1 cup Kashi cereal/1/2 cup ff milk 3 pts
L--1/2 baked potato, Butter Buds, Green peas, summer vegetables, grilled chicken breast 8 pts
s--sf/ff chocolate fudge pudding 3 pts

Just finished 1/2 mile loop at the park.

s--grapes 1 pt
d--3 oz venison burger/onion/picante, 1/4 c grated 2% cheese, 1 tortilla 8 pts
s--sf/ff butterscotch pudding 3 pts

I walked another half mile.

Today's points--26 pts

I used 2 Flex pts.

Last edited by ontarget; 09-23-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #129  

Hello everyone,

Welcome to all the newbies

As for me I am done with celebrating my birthday I definatly need to get back on track this week I feel like and look like a ball of ( i don't know just a round ball) so with that said tomorrow I have my rotuine blood work and ultrasound for my thyroid then it's dinner and excercise. I need to make every effort tomorrow to get in excercise I know it will make me feel better.

I hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:35 AM   #130  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good Monday morning everyone.
I do hope that everyone has a great day.
Congrats to everyone who is eating on plan and getting exercise in.
We are so worth it. We have to remember this.
Have a wonderful day everyone. I will post more once I wake up more.
Take Care and enjoy your day.
Ann
Old 09-24-2007, 06:23 AM   #131  

Laura, your chicken does sound good. I haven't been to a Tupperware party in years, either. It's been all Pampered Chef stuff and those Longaberger (sp?) baskets recently (I love them all but those basket are so expensive).
What items will help you with your WW journey? I do use my stacking measuring cups every single day, for sure.
Hi, Imills, and welcome! You look like you are doing very well on your journey. Your "profile" says you are a core convert. So, tell us a typical day for you?
Kim, you need to have some planned snacks vs. grazing. Joining in a family thing with the S'Mores is something I would not have been able to resist, either, we hardly ever do that anymore, but the rest of the stuff is something you can work on.
Let's do some brainstorming about 0 or 1 point things you need to have handy for those times when you are starving, like cut up veggies. If you keep salad all made up on hand (or those convenient bags of it) you can purchase a salad spray (think it's Wishbone?) dressing that I like very much. A salad with that spray dressing is 0 points as well. Think about keeping some of those new Progresso 0 point soups on hand or making the WW garden vegetable soup in large quantities to freeze. Popcorn, for a point per 3 cup serving, is also something that is really filling, takes time to eat and is very low in points. You have to think like you have broken through a barrier of sorts. I just HAVE to keep certain snack foods in the house that are for my son and husband, so my daughter and I must learn to break the habits and recognize that though that food is there, it is not for us! I used to do that same thing, when walking through my kitchen. I swear, if I do build a house one day, I will put the kitchen at the END of the house vs. in the middle of it! Wouldn't that be a nice design change for us all? In this house, which is a very long ranch style home, we have to walk through the kitchen to get anywhere!
I have to admit, by the way, I just hate this new desk and chair set up. But, I bugged DH to do this for me, so now I am stuck with it. I'll get used to it. The chair is the wrong height for the desk and my forearms lean in just the wrong spot when I am keyboarding (all the time) and it hurts. This desk is not as deep at my other desk so my stuff isn't fitting as neatly on it. I've got to figure out something, for sure, or I'll go nuts!
I have to buy a cabinet at Staples to hold all our paper (gosh never realized how much we had until it got consolidated) and maybe I'll look at office chairs as well when I am there. This really is intolerable.
Kim, I feel for your neighbors. I am trying to watch and learn when it comes to why these homes (across the street from me has been for sale for ages and another house three doors down went on the market over the weekend) are selling or not selling. Price is certainly an issue, but it's more than that. Do you all ever watch "Designed to Sell" on HGTV? I should TEVO that and watch it, but there are never enough hours in the day to watch all the TV I'd like to see, actually. I would like to make my house more appealing when the time comes. I do know "less is more" and think that I will be renting a storage unit BEFORE the house sells and getting tons of stuff out of here, particularly from the basement. Nothing makes a house look worse than clutter. Front entrees make or break it as well.
Sandra, this time of transition may have it's ups and downs for you, but it sounds like you had yesterday in control, at least!
Janelle, I think you have mentioned thyroid issues before? Hope all is well, keep us posted.
As for me, it's going to be a mixed day with a few errands and an effort to get caught up on laundry, etc. I want to get out and do some yardwork this week as well. I'm happy that the weather is a bit cooler and less humid and this time of year the bugs aren't as nasty as well. Time to trim hedges!
Today's eating plan:

Points target: 20 (I'm nervous, it might appear that weigh in will bring me under 150 this week... if that happens, I think I lose another point per day? I'm hungry.)

Breakfast:

Lite English Muffin with butter spray = 1
Lite cheddar cheese = 1
apple, microwaved with Splenda, cinnamon and nutmeg = 1

snack: popcorn = 1

Points remaining = 16

Lunch:

salad, oil and vinegar = 2 (for oil)
sliced ham = 2
Roll = 2

Points remaining = 10

Snack: sugar free Jell-O, with 2 T light cool whip = 0
apple
Points remaining = 9

Dinner:
Hamburger Patty = 4 (93% lean)
Oven fried potatoes = 3
String beans = 0

Dessert = WW ice cream treat = 2

Points remaining = 0

Hopefully, I'll stick with this and do it well.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:43 AM   #132  

Morning everyone - I only got 4,000 steps in yesterday and I was tired. Probably due to lack of movement. I also forgot to put the pedometer on until almost lunch time. I put it on this a.m. when I took the dog outside, so I should be good to go.

The Tupperware party. WOW has their stuff got spendy. I don't know if I mentioned it, but DH and I are going out to LA in less than 2 weeks for his niece's wedding. BIL used his frequent flier miles for our plane tickets or our budget wouldn't be allowing us to go. So we're pinching our budget to allow for the trip and that Tupperware stuff would bite huge into that budget. So I bought a couple rock n serve bowls to store my veggie soup in the freezer to the microwave. They look nice but a bit spendy when I've just been using the ziploc ones that you buy 4/$2.99

I got a batch of veggie soup into the fridge yesterday. DD was home from college and I made up some batches of that and the broccoli penne ricotta cheese recipe from the WW site. She loved the penne and has loved the veggie soup that I send up to her. She's a vegetarian so it can be a challenge to keep her eating correctly.

Anyway, welcome lYndsey and Sandra - Sandra, I've seen your posts on the board before. I enjoy them. Have a good Monday everybody!
Old 09-24-2007, 09:47 AM   #133  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Good Morning!

Ok, I am having more issues with this pedometer. I wore it all day yesterday and only showed 300 steps. I think the waist band on my shorts was rolling over all day so it couldn't get the steps accurately. I know I didn't get my 10,000 in because I never got my walk in. I intended to do something after I got the kids to bed, but I just pooped out. I helped DH with some work issues and then went to bed. Today I will get a walk in and maybe a little pilates. I like doing that because it does tone up the stomach muscles and get things in the right shape. It is going to be hot today, so we'll see how much of this really happens!!

Linda - thanks for the recommendations for snacking. I know that having stuff prepared/ planned is really key for me. I too love those shows that do the makeovers for selling. DH and I talked about flipping houses at one point, but with his drivers ed business, there just isn't the time to do the work we would want to put into it. When we put our first house up for sale, we did get a storage unit. We had a very small house with two young kids and a baby so we were busting out all over. The nice thing was that some of the toys and things that went into storage got long forgotten and then never came back into the house. I tried to separate stuff into boxes of what I really needed/wanted and stuff that I wasn't sure why I had it. That way if I didn't miss it in the 10 months that it took us to sell and build our house, I probably would never miss it. I took many boxes to the local salvation army!!

Paige - Do you watch the Today Show? It is one of those things that I have on in the morning as I am getting my day started. This morning they had a woman in to talk about women starting businesses, and I thought of you! It gave a couple of things to do or to keep in mind with starting your own business. You can go to thier website, I think it is just today.com and they will have the information that they gave there.

Sandra - Your new "condo" arrangement is interesting to me. Does your son have acrage? I am sure that your grandkids are thrilled to have you so close now. My parents live about an hour away and my kids don't see them near as often as the ILs who live 10 minutes up the road. Your 5th wheel must be fairly large. I love my DH to death, but to be in such close proximity might make things a little..... irritable???? Do you shoot the bow or your DH? My family are big into archery and hunting/fishing in general. DH has had the two older ones out for their first deer already (they are 11 and 9) and the little one can't wait till it's her turn (she is only 6).

Well, I need to go to the grocery store.... ugh I hate this chore... then picking some tomatoes for canning this evening. Have a terrific day everyone!!
Old 09-24-2007, 04:45 PM   #134  
focused and aiming

Linda, we do watch HGTV and used what we learned there to help us "stage" our home. The 2nd person who came to look at it bought it. The first liked it but was concerned about its being two story. He didn't think his wife's physical condition would let her maneuver the stairs. You're right. Less is more. We did a ton of decluttering getting our home ready. It paid off.

Laura, I remember you from earlier, too. Thank you for the warm welcoming. I buy those throw away zip-loc containers, too. My tupperware is old. However, everything is now organized--with lids!--and has its own special nook here in the condo. Life is good.

I had a high point lunch today--but I'm feeling in control. Here's an NSV: Dh stopped on the way home to get some Ben & Jerry's. I passed and will have grapes, popcorn, or sf/ff pudding later. Plus--I'm writing every bite down.

b--cereal/ff milk 3 pts
l--taco salad 20 pts (I could have done much much worse.)
s--2 cookies that a friend made us as a going away gift. (I should have given mine to dh but didn't) 6 pts

That's it so far today. I am already into my Flex Plan Pts, but I'm writing them down and feel more in control than I did any day last week. Life is good.

Kim, my son has about 10 acres. It's the place my parents had when I was growing up so it'll be "going back home" for me. The condo is 38' long and is fairly large. We will get a "man cave" shop for dh to putter around in. I'll probably take off to Walmart when the walls get too close around us.

Thank you for asking about archery. (Those who know me are probably thinking, "Oh, no! Here she goes again.")

Dh and I both bowhunt as well as compete in 3D and target championships. I have 4 national titles for women 50 and older. I also won "Championship of the Americas" back in 05. Dh is a Master Coach as well as a Level 4 National Coach and has several archers with state, national, and international titles. We live and breathe archery.

We are planning to set up an outdoor target range as well as a 3D animal range at my son's. Texas hosts a multitude of archery competitions, so we'll be in arrow heaven.

Ya'll will probably hear more about bows and arrows from me than you want. I apologize in advance.

So I'm off now to make some healthy decisions. Everyone have a magnificent Monday.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #135  
barb

Height: 5'7

welcome to all who are new.....

Sorry guys I have been MIA...We have been soooo busy .We went in to Mich the last 2 weekends...My moms bday which was great and a wedding at the Dodge mansion ..The people who founded Dodge cars..OMG what an amazing wedding reception. We had way to much fun..I danced alot but I drank my wine too. Yesterday was no fun driving home and it was a slow moving day...Why I did that (drink too much) I will never know. They had servers filling up the glasses at dinner and I hate that cuz you never know how much you actually drank..Anyway it was a nice evening..

Dropped out of weight watchers....We have to many bills right now so I decided to really try to do this at home. I know I have told others to stick with the meetings but I just can not see paying that right now when we have other things going on...My tooth, car, bills, bills, bills and should I say more....Anyway I have been working out at the gym..I love doing the weights. I do 1/2 hr on the elliptical and 8-10 weight exercises with weights.Mon-Wed-and Fri..I hope this is the answer. I also walk on Tues and Thurs....This weight has too come off. I felt HUGE at the wedding....

I hope that I can use you all for my support until I can rejoin again...

Paige we need a new floor too. My dh wants tile...I want wood... Not sure what we will do..Some of that new tile is so pretty..

Kim I have so many problems with my pedometer. I understand the frustration.

Sandra congrats on selling the house.. Our home the company bought from us in Michigan .It is still on the market. 3 years later. As much as I love my dh company I am so glad that we are together and they bought the house...Better them than us...Houses are very slow selling in MI

Laura yummy on the chicken. I have a roast in today and the smell is sounding off. Yummy..I love crock pot cooking

Linda I hope you get use to your new desk....

Have a great day.. I will try to check in more Barb
Closed Thread