Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:26 AM   #16  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone. Have a Wonderful Wednesday.

Paige, Thanks for reminding me about watching those 35 points. I am trying to use them sparingly and I have decided if I really want something I have to earn activitiy points to have it, if it is not on the core list of foods. Just little games I play with myself. It sounds like your meeting went well. I think you should go with your gut. If it doesn't feel like it is the right time or the right person you can wait it out. Things happen for a reason. I would see the financial side of it as a caution. If you are the one doing all the work, you could just as easily do it on your own and hire people to help once you need them. You will know if this is the right opportunity or if you should wait. It is wonderful you are learning so much. Knowledge is power. Good luck with whatever you decide. You know in your heart what is best for you.

Linda, good morning, I do hope that today is a great day for you. I found yesterday was a difficult day, I had to make myself do things. It brought back such memories from that day 6 years ago when I was glued to the tv and in disbelief. I walked over 14,500 steps yesterday and I ran. I ate on plan all day but it was difficult, I sure wanted comfort foods. I wish you an awesome day today.

Tech, you are doing awesome on your weight loss. You look like you will make the goal you set for yourself for Sept 25. That is wonderful. It must feel good. I think I should set firm goals.

Laura, I do hope you have a great day. When I started carrying my week 1 book around with me, I thought of you because you told me once before to go back to the basics. I think that is what I am doing. I heard your voice in my head. Thank you for that.

Erica, How are you, I hope you are busy, but in a good way, the kind that keeps you out of trouble. Have a great day.

Janelle, I like the ticker you and Paige have. I hope you get a chance to walk today. How was exercising last night?

Kim, How is the weather, I do hope it cools off so you can get out walking.

Kim 2, wow that is great all the walking you have been doing. I find when I am walking it gives me time that is why I enjoy it.

Erika, how are you?

Phyllis, I hope your have a great day.

Barb, how are you?

I hope you all have a great day and I am sorry if I missed anyone.
Cheers
Ann
Old 09-12-2007, 07:27 AM   #17  
newlifestyle

Hi Laura, we crossed posts, your dinner sounded yummy. Great job asserting yourself with your DH. Have an awesome day.

Ann
Old 09-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #18  

Love to all! I'm swamped... will explain a bit later, but wish me luck with a marathon project that MUST be completed by Friday.
More later, I promise!
On program, at least!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #19  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Yeah!! I am done 2.5lbs!! Ok, so now I am back to where I was before I went back up and down and up and down...... Gosh I sure hope that I can get off this darn rollarcoaster this time. Actually, I first want to get to the end of the ride.... then jump off!!

I was pretty good yesterday, got the munchies last night but was able to hold off the temptation to raid the snack shelf! I drank a couple of glasses of water instead. Linda I read your other thread and was really really really surprised about the amount of water that you said we should be drinking. I had heard once (from ww I think) that you should drink 1 extra glass for every 10lbs you were over your ideal weight, but I hadn't heard about drinking half of your current weight. I figured mine out twice because I couldn't believe it. No wonder I have trouble loosing! I don't drink near enough! It did make me think about how much water I was drinking though and I am not sure that I have been getting in even my 8 glasses. So today I am committing to getting it all in and then some! I think I will measure it out in a pitcher and then I'll know that when I finish the pitcher, I am good to go. I better stock up on the TP!!!!

Paige - I agree, you have to listen to your gut. Working with a partner is challenging enough, but to have a partner that you aren't 100% confident in is already putting you in a tough spot. DH and his dad are partners in this driving school we own, and there have been some times that I would have liked to fire him because of the things that he did or didn't do. We ended up financing all of the price of the school because his credit was bad. It has been tough! If this woman is someone that you really want to work with, maybe sit down with her and create some goals and timelines of things that you both will do to work toward the end result. For example, she could find out what she needs to do to improve her credit rating. Take the information that your guy gave you and create some of your goals from that. We were lucky that we just took over an already established business, so most of the hard work was done. I can't imagine that we would have gotten into this a quick as we did if we were to start from scratch. I think that when it comes to starting a new business, slow and thorough is much better than quick and then crash!

Linda! Great job with your loss!! And you thought you were struggling?!?!

Laura - Yup, we can't ask for better weather. I could live in this stuff all the time. Warm enough for shorts and tanks, but cool enough that if you want to walk or do anything outside, you aren't sweating your butt off (wouldn't it be nice if that really could happen???) I think today when I walk I am going to keep track of my steps. I usually just use the pedometer when I walk a different route so I can keep track of my distance. But I think I would like to join in on the steps challenge and see how many I can get in during a week.

On that note, the puppy is anxious to go for her walk. I went out and bought new sneakers for walking and I need to break them in a bit, got a blister the first time I wore them
Old 09-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Paige - I just reread the other thread - I didn't realize that we actually joined WW the same week - I started on my own on 8-26-06 but I really needed the meetings to my actually join date is 9-7-06 - so I've been at this a year. I'm not thrilled at my back pedaling but I know the program works and I'll soon be at my highest lost weight and beyond. I will do it.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:18 AM   #21  
Kim

Just an FYI.... I just made some of the 0 point souple from progressive.... not really impressed. I have the veg and rice... I like the wild rice in it, but the veggies are mushy (I like mine a little more firm in soup, and their doesn't seem to be many veggies in it compared to broth. The veggies are "free" so why not back them in? Maybe I'll keep a couple in the pantry for those desperate days, but I'll stick to my homemade stuff!
Old 09-12-2007, 11:20 AM   #22  
Kim

Nice, see why you should re-read your posts!! I didn't mean souple... I meant soup!!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #23  
Donna

Default Ugh Here I go Again

Linda - On the 2.2 lb loss.

Kim2 - to you on the 2.5 lb loss. The problem when I lived out there was that the Brighton/Howell option didn't exist. We had to drive somewhere to go to the store. I forgot you asked about the venison chili I make. It was from a light cooking magazine that went out of business, which I wasn't happy about because they had good recipes. It uses a venison roast (calls for leg which I've never seen although we did use shoulder once), that you rub in spices then cook with black bean, red peppers, dark beer (though you could probably sub if you didn't want to cook with beer for kids), and some other stuff. It bakes in the oven, although I've done it in the crockpot too. It's kind of a long recipe so if you'd like it, pm me your e-mail and I'll send it to you. You know you can edit your own posts after posting right.

Paige - Definitely go with your gut. If your uneasy now it's probably not a good sign. But like Kim said if you want to work with this person, try to work out the concerns before you get in too deep.

Laura - Stick with it and you will definitely get to you're lowest. I was trying to get rid of the tomatoes I had. I hope it is worth it. Although it was funny I cooked all the tomatoes then we needed some for dinner last night. Luckily there were a couple of new ripe ones outside

Ann - You are so active it is an inspiration!! I can't imagine 14,500 steps plus a run. You go girl.

Haylo - I was craving spaghetti and tomato sauce after smelling it all afternoon let me tell you. Maybe I'll make some up for lunch

On the water thing. I'm not sure where the rumor that you should consume 50% of your body weight in oz came from, but the recommendation to consume 50% of our body weight in oz. is the amount of fluid we need to take in. Now everything we eat has fluid/water in it. Unless you're eating just dry crackers or flour, and they probably have a minute amount too. Fruits and veggies are particularly high in fluid. I guess you have to figure how much wet vs dry foods you're consuming and vary the amount of water accordingly. I go by a dr.'s recommendation that if your urine is lemonade colored (even in the morning) rather than apple juice colored you are hydrated enough. I will get off my now.

Sorry that's just a trigger for me.

Well wi was ugly today. I knew it was going to be. I've been eating alot of salty snack foods this last week and am feeling really bloated. I will get back on track and eat core this next week even while out of town.

I did go for a ride this morning though so I'm feeling pretty good about myself despite the 1.8 lb gain

- Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 09-12-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:48 PM   #24  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone...

Well I stayed the same ..Whoo considering I did not record at all. I am back on track I just need to record pts. I am writing but not recording....I went to the personal trainer and he set me on a plan...I am excited to get strated. I may do a 6 week program they have on special with a trainer. I will meet with him once a week and he will change my program as needed. It is resonable and I would not have to use it until I wa sready..So I figured to go ahead and do my thing for 8 weeks and than have him come along and do his magic.... I am so moitivated I wanrt to be fit...The exercises he showed me are all easy and fun to do...

Linda it has been crazy here too. Sounds like we all have had some interesting days....Mine is still with the new school. My ds has a learning disability and I am trying hard to get it all taken care of...Sometimes I feel like some teachers are not there for the right rreasons...Anyway I could go on and on but i will not. I have a meeting after school with all the teachers just to try to get some glitches out....I have been strssed and drinking a glass of wine a night.. oh well.

I am going into Mi in a few days for my moms bday celebration I hope I stay on track... Looking forward to going home though...

Tech hang in there ..sounds like you are getting your workouts in....

sounds like everyone is doing a great job on staying on track with workouts or eating....I may try core next week.....

I am going to make califlower soup tonight..My kids love it ...Yummy and only 1 pt I think....

good luck to you all with the WIs and congrads to those who lost....Kim and Linda I hope that is everyone....

thnks for reminding me about my water...Have a great day
Old 09-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #25  

1 PT califlower soup???? Recipe please?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:14 PM   #26  

Hi guys! Well, I'm swamped and don't have time to read and respond to all of your comments. Do forgive me, and I hope to have more rest and more time tomorrow.
I'm NH's Home of the Brave Quilt Coordinator, we make a quilt for the family of every soldier who has been lost in The War on Terror. We've been invited to attend a support our troupes rally on Friday to be "recognized" and I have tons to do to get ready. So, wish me lucky. I'm going about 100 mph....so much to do, so little time. BUT, I will get it done and I will stay on program! I did succumb to two pieces of chocolate today, but I counted the points.

Last edited by derrydaughter; 09-12-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #27  

Hello everyone,

well today was adventerous for me, I went to the gym and excercise and then I rode my bicycle I bought a moutain bike not to long ago and boy.... I forgot how hard it is to ride a bike it was a challenge but I had fun, I couldn't even remember how to change gears I keept thinking backe to my spinning class at the gym but still got confused anyways I will have to try again probably tomm. night.

tech: Sorry you had a bad wi, just keep on going. Then again who am I to be saying that I haven't been to a WI for 2 weeks, hmm maybe I need to go to one tomorrow. I still want spaghetti I am definatly going to have to make some yummy!!!!

belly: congrats on the loss, I have been on a rollercoaster ride myself I can't wait till I get to go downhill.

rosegarden: get the pedometer out!!!!

paige: I am glad your meeting went well, I agree with what ann says go with you gut and things happen for a reason at least you have the idea going and you started to get things rolling now it's just a matter of looking into things a little more and making a decision to proceed when you are ready. I bet when the time is right it will fall right into your lap!!! It's so hard sometimes when we get this great ideas and it doesn't pan out the way we want or expect but you have to give yourself credit for trying and don't give up!!! I am so excited for you that you are going to see the titans!!!!!! How exciting!!!! Please take me in spirit!!!!!

ann: excercise is getting better, I am getting back into a rotuine of work, excercise, eat, get ready for work, then the rest of the night is to me. Get some good steps in tomorrow!!!!

Last edited by haylo921; 09-12-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:42 AM   #28  

Morning all

Haylo - I did get the pedometer out - thanks!

Well WI is today. We're down a car, again, and I'm going to try to do a quick WI. I hope I can today and don't have to wait until tomorrow.

Chat later!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:15 AM   #29  

Ann, how are you doing on CORE? I should try it again at some point, but being really busy makes it not a good time. Maybe in a few weeks. I have found my losses really are helped when I have switched back and fourth from flex to core.
Thanks for your remarks about 9/11, I do think making it a positive day in the future is a good idea too.
Tech, how did the sauce turn out in the end? Sure did take you a long time. How much, in the end, did you end up with? Sometime, in winter, when there are no really great fresh veggies around, you will probably think back to the hard work you did in creating this and say it was worth it!
Kim, yes a loss of control is really one of the hardest things we all deal with. I'm facing a huge weekend where that will happen. I'll try, but going to this out of state wedding, I have no control, I don't know the people and I will not be making demands. It's their wedding. They have the right to have what they want for food and enjoy sharing it with people. Whatever is there, I respect, and I can save most of my WW stuff for another day. If there are choices to be made, I shall try to make the best choices I can.
The following day (by the way, I don't think I'll have internet access throughout the weekend at all) we shall get up from our hotel and head to MA and go to a family BBQ at my sister's house with about 20 people there. My sister mentioned having grilled chicken and salad as "so many people are on diets". That was good news and I presume that I'll be OK when I am there.
Haylo and Paige, I also like your football related tracker! Really cute!
Ah Paige, I just read your thoughts after the business meeting. I have two things to say. Firstly, never give up on your dreams. I always say this to my kids, but then I tell them to always have plan B. So the second thing I have to say is, it's time to think about plan B and go from there. I know you will be great and you will be successful. It surely does sound like the business partner choice might be an issue. But, you need help and there are plenty of things that can be done behind the scenes if you do continue to work with her and her skills are not up to yours. Remember to always delegate things that CAN be done by others. IF you did do something with her, handling phone/clients/accounting/and baking the cakes you decorate can be a blessing. If not this partner, then someone else. If not this time, then some other time.
You are still in school. It might be best to "play" with business scenarios and study it all until you finish. You even might want to consider working in the industry for someone else and learning more. Taking on a new business, while in school, with your kids so young might have been a set up for failure. When you do it, you want all the successes in the world. There is nothing wrong with what you have been doing a great deal of which is making cakes through word of mouth for people and charging them. You could easily continue along this path and build it up from there. You will find what is right, you have it "in you". I'm confident of you after seeing all those wonderful cakes you have made on your myspace.
Laura, I loved what you said to Paige. You are so right. Life does have a funny way of opening windows and closing doors and the reason may very well be abundantly clear down the road, just as you said.
One time, years ago, I was fired from a job. I can say it to people now without hanging my head in shame, it happens. I'm still worthwhile and a good person, lots of people get fired. But, losing that job was the best thing that ever happened to me. It taught my husband and I that we really could survive on just one income and that we really could plan a family and we did! I had wanted kids and was afraid to take the plunge. Between my wardrobe, lunches out, dry cleaning, even pantyhose, commuting costs and everything, the savings of having me home, plus making more cost efficient meals as I was home to do all that was amazing. We really could afford a kid, and even two kids! Mark got a raise shortly after I stopped working, and then a promotion and we never looked back. I have the boss I absolutely hated (really a madman, truly) to thank for my two kids, pretty amazing. So, if a door closed, look to the future and you will find that bright new horizon. It just may not be visible right this moment, but it is there.
I'm really enjoying the reviews on the new Progresso soups. I do think having some in the cabinet for those busy days when you really need food but have hardly any points left that a handy 0 point soup will come in handy. I still prefer my own homemade soups as well, but when times get crazy, so good to have these new products to fall back on. Sodium is a huge thing in prepared foods. Yet, I am a sodium addict, I have to admit.
Tech, sorry about the gain, but I am proud that you were off on that bike again afterwards. You go girl!
So, thank goodness I took the time to read and respond to you all.
By the way, after reading over a few of my latest posts, I apologize for some odd wording. Spell check is great and really helps, but it changes words sometimes and then I miss them, when I re-read something later, I always hate when that happens! Sorry!
Well, onward I go to hit the shower and get moving on my project for today. Hug your family for me and remember to show them you care, we never know each time we leave them if it will be our last. I lost my dad two years ago on Saturday and I so wish he was here so I could give him a hug.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:34 AM   #30  
newlifestyle

Good morning ladies. I do hope you are all doing well and enjoying your day.

Linda, wow, kudos to you for your role in making quilts for every soldier lost in The War on Terror. It is people like you who truly make our world a better place. Thank you for that. Linda I do hope this weekend goes well for you.

Janelle, how are you. It sounds like your day was busy. I only got in 9,432 steps. I will try for more today. I hope you have an awesome day.

Laura, we should all have a walking competition. It can be to do our personal best each day. When I started using the pedometer once I saw the numbers I wanted to walk more to make the numbers go higher. Good luck on weigh in.

Tech, I sorry you didn't lose this week, you will do it. I know you can. You have until September 26 and you are so very close.

Barb, I would love the recipe if it isn't too much trouble for the 1 point cauliflower soup. I never eat it anymore because I thought it would have too many points. Have a wonderful time in Michigan.

Kim2, Way to go keeping not giving into mindless munchie eating. I think that is why I walk and run, it is when I am feeling like I want to eat everything in site. or when I am feeling overwhelmed.

Core is going well for me. I have been on plan all week. When I look at the week 1 book, it reminds me what I should be eating. I hope I keep focused on it.

Hello to Phyllis, Paige, Erica, Erika, Kim and everyone else.
Have a great day everyone.
Take care
Ann
Closed Thread