3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   I'm going back but need some help (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/12082-im-going-back-but-need-some-help.html)

Miller 12-31-2001 03:32 PM

I'm going back but need some help

I am a WW from way back. I originally lost 150 lbs but have gained and lost some over the years. I haven't got it all back but if I don't get control soon I might. Anyway I promise I will go back Thursday night. What I need help with is I love snacks I always eat between meals and I won't be able to just quit doing that. In the morning at work what can I eat between breakfast and lunch that isn't fruit. I know that would be the best but it doesn't appeal to me in the morning and if that is my choice I know I'll cheat. Also what can I can carry to work for lunch that won't be too many points that isn't a salad. I have eaten salads for 10 years and I just can't do it anymore. Am I a lost cause?

arnap 01-01-2002 12:19 PM

No you're not a lost cause. Because if you were, then what would that make me???

I have lost the same 40 pounds over and over and now its that time for me to start again! This morning I weighed myself and tore those wasted pages out of the journal so I could start over. (Just one week that I started to journal and never finished.)

I am going to start my program today and actually start back to WW on Sunday morning. I like Sunday mornings because 1) it makes you accountable for Saturday night, 2) it jump starts my week and 3) because I've paid on the first day of the week, I can attend any number of meetings during the rest of the week.

So anyway, everyone, here goes.

ArnaP
Presently 244.5; Goal 150

leader 01-01-2002 03:31 PM

ARNAP! Go and get those "wasted" pages back from your torn journal -- keep them, read them, and use them as reference pages to see what your pattern was... what you were doing that veered you off course, what you can learn from it is immeasurable! Nothing is ever wasted. If it were, we'd never learn anything! Good luck getting back on program --

MILLER: Also, good luck to you for starting again. I too am sick of salads (I've lost 55 pounds and kept it off for 2.5 years...) Know what I realize? Sometimes, it's not about the salad -- and what really works for me is cooked (steamed, cooked, either way) WARM vegetables... Same impact of the zero points concept -- but they're way more comforting and NOT rabbit food or punishment. Try that... it may help. And, keep us posted on your progress -- both of you.

Have a wonderful 2002.
Regards, E.

Saturngirl 01-01-2002 05:00 PM

Miller,
Maybe you can be creative with when you eat your different food. Maybe divide up lunch into two late morning and early afternoon meals. Have the lunch food as snacks. Have the salad veggie stuff later in the day. The point is to not get locked into thinking that certain food has to be eaten at certain times of the day. Years ago I had a roommate who had stir fryed veggies with lots and lots of garlic for breakfast. Imagine waking up to THAT smell. Good luck.

Saturngirl

Lyontamer 01-01-2002 07:00 PM

Hi! One thing that works for me is to get the old fashioned oats (not the little packets or the quick oats.) I microwave 1/2C oats to 1 C water for 2 min at work (around 10 A.M.). I sprinkle in one equal packet, some cinnamon and add a dash of vanilla. It's low pt and very filling for that mid morning snack attack. (I have a micro available in the kitchen at work, and I keep all the "fixings" in my office.)

Also -- adding protein in the AM helps a lot -- peanut butter on whole wheat (very high fiber) bread is a fav.

FF refried beans on a 1 pt tortilla with a little sprinkle of light cheese. You get a lot of beans for low pts -- and could even do w/out the cheese if it was a snack.

Hope this helps :-) HOlly

gypsysoul 01-01-2002 09:49 PM

Congratulations on returning! I don't see why you feel you'd have to give up eating between meals. Some people eat 3 meals a day....some have 6 small meals. I definetely fall in with the 6 small meal type. I don't think I'd call them all "meals"....more like snacks......like fruit, ff chips, low fat granola bars, 2 pt. bars, ff ice cream..... I can't go between meals without having something in my stomach either. As long as you make wise choices and you account for it and stay within your point range, there's no reason not to have a snack between meals. :)

gypsysoul 01-01-2002 10:10 PM

Here are some 2pt - 3 pts snacks......

Kudos granola bars w. M&M's 2pt
Rice Krispie bars 2pt
Quaker L-F Granola bars - choc. chunk - 2 pt
WW 2 pt bars
Murry Low Fat cookies 7 = 2pts
Milky Way Lite Bites 5 = 3pts.
Pringles FF chips 15 = 1 pt.
FF pretzel sticks - 52 = 2pts.
Snackwell Devil Food Cookies 1 = 1pt
FF fudge pops 1pt
SkinnyCow Ice Cream sandwiches (Silhouette) 2 pts.
Miss Meringue Cookies....most 4 = 2pts
Lenders Low Fat bagel - 3pts
Reduced Fat Cheese Nips - 31 = 3pts
Hershey's Tastetations 3 = 1pt
Orville Reden. mini rice cakes (peanut caramel or chocolate)
6 = 1pt
Quaker Mini Rice Cakes (apple cinnamen) 8 = 1pt
Orville Reden. butter popcorn 94% fat free - 4pts whole bag
Reduce fat Wheat Thins 10=2pts 16=3pts
Sugar free jello 0pts
some ice cream brands with Fat free or reduced fat 1/2 c. = 2pts
Wow Doritoes 1oz = 2pts

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of anymore at the moment. These have been lifesavers for me.

Ann

puggiegirl 01-01-2002 10:33 PM

Try taking a hard boiled egg to have between breakfast and lunch. Also V8 is good. Or a zip lock bag of Kashi Too Good Friends ceral. Laughing cow makes Lite spreadable cheeses that come in a round box. One wedge is a point. Eat with a few low fat crackers. I have to have my snacks too. You are not alone.

Miller 01-02-2002 09:04 PM

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words and help. My first weigh in is Thursday evening. So everyone be thinking of me so I don't chicken out and not go. I'll keep you posted. Thanks gypsysoul for the list of snacks that should help.

arnap 01-03-2002 11:06 AM

Good morning - I decided to start my weigh-ins this morning. I am leaving my house in a few minutes. Thanks everyone for their support.

Will keep you posted. I have journaled for the past 2 days and have been as honest as possible.

ArnaP

jolyn 01-03-2002 12:10 PM

One honest day

I have been visiting this site a week before I actually started any weight loss program. I am not attending WW meetings but have the program from last year. I can actually say I have made it through one honest day. I have had some health problems and surgery and have just gotten to the point that I care again. My attitude is that I CAN do this and plan to join a WW meeting next week. Some of your stories are so much like mine and it is a joy to read the replys of those that are doing well. Good luck to all of you!! Jolyn

Miller 01-03-2002 08:22 PM

Just wanted you to know I went. I stayed for the meeting and the extra meeting for new members even though I feel like I've done this a thousand times. Thanks for all you encouragement and hope for a good week.

1day@atime 01-04-2002 09:39 PM

I know how you feel... I rejoined WW for the 3rd time last night...and this will be my final time. I have gained 17 lbs since July. I have got to get my OP. I know what I need to do, it's just doing it, that the hard part. I would love to join this thread and help with encouraging words....

Itryharder 01-05-2002 09:18 AM

Miller and Arnap and All of Us,
Let's do it this year. Ask a question, someone is bound to have an answer or two that will really help. Let's keep each other encouraged and doing this weight loss journey!
234/208/199soon;)

jolyn 01-06-2002 03:08 PM

Hello to all of you,

It is great that you all are taking these steps to lose the weight. I am at my all time high of 220 lbs. At 5'4" that is a short fat woman. Looking in the mirror it's hard to see sometimes but the scale doesn't lie. I have been on the WW program for four days and have charted everything I ate. This really does keep me honest. I try to stay somewhere in between the points allowed and it seems to work. I did eat toward the higher range yesterday and put it all in my diary. It will really be a journey this year. I want to get off all of my cholestrol medication and start to exercise. I am just trying to get my food down first and then hope to start an exercise program next week.

I am proud of all the steps you all have taken. Starting the program is a big step and with the let's do it attitude I know we can do it this time. The best to all of you.
Jolyn :)