Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 02:13 PM   #31  

Hello
Today was my weigh in and I'm happy to say I had a .6 loss.
I know it's not much but after last week, I figured I would of gained. I have got to get back on track, otherwise I'll use the excuse of emotional eating.

Arnap - that is great that your Dad is wanting to get out. Gives you a break from cooking too..

Hope everyone is having a great week.
Old 01-24-2002, 06:56 PM   #32  

Hi, Today was my weigh in too. I lost another 1.8 for a total or 8. Wish it would come off faster but I'm eating better and exercising so shouldn't judge everything by the numbers I guess.
Everyone have a good weekend.
Old 01-26-2002, 04:21 PM   #33  

I just restarted too...

Two or so years ago, i started Weight Watchers, followed it religously, and lost about 21 pounds.. about 20 short of goal. Then I just stopped. A year later i'd gained all of it back, and tried 2 million other plans to try to get it off, couldn't stick to any of them. Of course, I couldn't stick to WW at the time either.
I plowed along there, gaining and losing the same 3 pounds for about year, then 9/11 happened and i decided to overeat like a maniac for three months. I gained 12 pounds. Ouch

A week ago, I got on a scale and found myself at 185, the largest i've been, ever. Everything hurts, I wake up in pain, I get winded walking and I've started snoring. I still had my old WW materials so I just started following along again, and I've lost 5 pds so far. which feels great. I dont think i'll go to meetings again, due to time and $$ constraints, but If I find i'm not doing it on my own, I will. I"ve taken a few pointers from the other plans i've followed (there were some very valid things in SugarBusters in re: overly processed food), and brought them with me, but I guess for me, it all boils down to how much i'm eating.

My biggest challenge usually comes when i get within 20 pounds of goal and feel "ok" about myself. I tend to slack off then. Right now though i'm just looking forward to getting ot that point

Nice to meet (remeet?) you all

Amy
185/180/130
Old 01-26-2002, 05:50 PM   #34  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Amy,
Glad you're here. Your plan sounds good and I want to wish you much success! Good luck.
234/206/199soon
Old 01-29-2002, 10:15 PM   #35  

Hello All.
We'll I'm not having a good day, it's that TOM for me and I've been craving chocolates & I've had the blues. But I have to remind myself, just because I have one bad day doesn't mean I have to have a bad week... It's just so hard... & I have no motivation to exercise...
Old 02-08-2002, 10:08 AM   #36  

Hello Everyone, Sounds like you all have really gotten into the program. I am starting my WW program this morning after a three week lapse. I just need to say I had six points for breakfast. I will take this one day at a time and write my food down and drink lots of water. Exercise will begin with walking-just walking and moving. Thanks for just letting me get this out. Have a great day. Jolyn
Old 02-10-2002, 06:29 PM   #37  

Hi all...

Well after 3 weeks on program i finally decided to go back to the meetings, they help keep me honest My second WI will be this wednesday and i'm looking forward to it.. sorta..

I have one petty complaint. Because i started on my own for a few weeks i was already down 9 pounds when i walked into that meeting which means that

a. my official WW weight will not reflect those 9 pounds lost and
b. I won't have that oh-so-satisfying first week drop off that makes starting again so much fun.

i know its silly
and i know its petty
and i know that i can take comfort in my having lost those 9 pounds even if i'm the only one countiing em .. and the only one that counts..
but it bugs me anyway

Other than that i'm thrilled. Hungry, but thrilled

Amy
190/181/130
Old 02-11-2002, 12:42 AM   #38  

Amy,

Just had to say "hi". I hear ya. I never had trouble with weight. Went up and down a little between "too thin" and "chubby". Then one day...I was 172 (I'm only 5'2 and "small boned"). I thought OMG!!!

Started on a "low carb" plan I knew and lost 5. Then, my mom gave me her WW books. I followed it on my own for several weeks and was suddenly down 22!

Then... business, trips & the holidays, I didn't make it back to WW. Didn't journal either. Gained back 4 or 5 over about 2 months.

Started journaling again in mid-january, but waited to go back to meetings until I was "where I left...according to the scale". Next week will be my second WI and I am excited - sort of too.

The important thing is....IT WORKS!! And we can do it. And we don't have to be uncomfy and out of breath! Best of luck.
Old 02-11-2002, 12:50 AM   #39  

Bailey,

Thank you for your supportive post I was just being a baby before...

Tonight was definately a night i would have emotionally eaten had i not known a weigh-in was coming. This is way off topic but I need to vent..

Tonight I was sitting around at my boyfriend's watching the olympics when his phone rang (he was screening the call..).. it was a girl (i've got a good 10-13 years on her), who we'd met a few times thru a mutual friend calling to ask him out KNOWING he had a girlfriend, and HAVING MET ME! We socialize in mutual situations...

I mean what IS that.. isn't there some sort of firm Girl code law against that sort of thing? Do i say something to her? do i Ignore it? My first impulse was to reach for the king-sized bag of m & ms that he always has handy (its disgusting, he eats a 1 lb bag of those EVERY OTHER DAY and never gains weight) but i refrained, annd went for a normal sized serving of fat-free frozen yogurt instead. I have no idea how but I am proud of myself.
And let me tell you, having to get on a scale on wednesday in front of a near-stranger played a huge role in making sure i didn't go off on a binge.
Thanks for listening and following me so far afield.

amy
190/181/130
Closed Thread