Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 03:15 PM   #61  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi all, I do hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday. I am doing well. I have walked 10353 steps so far, had my run and been on plan so far today. I did get weighed and was up 2 pounds. I was a bit discourage but the dietician said, I lost an inch on my waist and hips so I am toning up even though the scale did not go down. I have to change my ticker.
Welcome back Erica, did you take the girls to The Enchanted Forest Water Safari in Old Forge? My son likes going there. We want to take him one more time before he starts school.
Kim 2 Happy birthday. Where did you go for dinner?
Kim, the food at fairs worries me also. I find I have to be prepared when I go to the fair. Have fun at your fair.
Paige 2, how are you? How is your back.
Paige, That is great you have a friend that you both have something you are passionate about. Are you having a nice weekend?
Tech, I do hope you have a great time.
Linda, I forgot about that macaroni and cheese recipe you posted. I am not sure if it was because I gained two pounds or because it was raining but I was craving mac and cheese. I think it is a comfort food. Is the drill sargent official on Monday?
Laura great idea about making the garden soup and having it in the freezer. Do you have a snack bag you could carry in the car so that if you want something to eat you could have a healthy snack available.
Hello Nikki, Haylo, and Briza....how is your weekend?
Emma and Ginny how are you doing?
Have a great weekend everyone and I apologize if I forgot anyone
Take Care
Ann
Old 08-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #62  
newlifestyle

Hi Nikki, way to go with the exercising. Those pretzels sound yummy.
Have a great day.
Ann
Old 08-18-2007, 05:22 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Good afternnon everyone,
Well it is 5pm and I only have 5 pts. left for the day. I think I'll be OK though, because I just had a bowl of Kashi and 1% milk, it ended up being 5 pts. though. I haven't had the Kashi Good Friends cereal in a long time, but I don't remember it being 3 pts. for one cup. Oh well, I got 12 grams of fiber in, so that's a good thing.

Ann-no we didn't go to Enchanted Forest, we stayed on Saranac Lake. My sister was going to go today but when they were in Old Forge this morning it was only 51 degrees and drizzling so needless to say, they didn't go. Don't be discouraged about being up, the fact you are losing inches is amazing!

Kim-our NY State fair starts next week, and I need to start coming up with a plan for that, because I don't want to "blow it" my first week back on program. I'll probably make sure that I eat before I go, and I might just make the rides and the animals the highlight of the fair for me this year, the food will have to take a back seat this year.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #64  
kpe
Paige

Hi everyone!! Sorry to have been missing so much of the week! I've been nursing my back all week and by the time I got home from work each night I was just exhausted!!! My back is feeling much better although I still have some stiffness... but the sharp pains have gone which is good!!! I don't think I've done to badly on my eating but I haven't really been counting my points either. Hopefully next week it will be easier to get back on track. We have had a lot of rain this week with tropical storm Erin and luckily it looks like for the time being anyway that Hurricane Dean will go west and miss us!!! I was not looking forward to the possiblity of evacuating next week!! OK, guess I need to go back and catch up on all that I missed this week... Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 07:16 AM   #65  

Erica, good to have you back and I know exactly what you are feeling like. Cooler weather arrived here yesterday and I feel like it's fall already (even though it isn't) and I am so very glad to be saying goodbye to vacation times. I do like vacations, but enough is enough and I a really more than ready to get back on track.
I feel like I've been so off track this week. My daughter and I have a college visit scheduled for Wednesday morning and we are going away Tuesday afternoon (staying overnight one night at our cabin on the lake) as the college is near there and we have vowed to cook at the cabin and exercise. Our normal WW meeting is on Tuesday afternoon and we'll miss it, so I told her we would find a meeting to go to on Thursday, the day before she leaves on her trip to Maryland. I hope going before the trip will help her stay motivated. I sure know that I am totally committed this week! The local farm stand will be my best friend!
When I get home and am not on this underpowered laptop, I'm going to look at my myspace and will be asking some of you for links to your pages. I'd like to learn how to post things about myself there and how to find other people on it. Perhaps some of you can help this computer illiterate?
Kim, I don't recommend going to the fair near you unless you truly feel you can handle it. I was kind of put on the spot all week this week, being on vacation and being down here near my in-laws. Some of the things we have done down here are like "command performances" and I have little say in where I go and what I eat. I think I did quite well at the fair, though. One thing that helped me out (and you could use this trick too) was that we didn't eat right away when we got there. I did some serious pre-planning and thinking about the food, but what I think helped me the most was people watching. My goodness, those fairs bring out the most overweight people. I still think that they use the fair as an excuse to go and eat what they want. So many VERY large people were there and I think they were only there to scout out all the food vendors. One could easily pay the admission to get into the fair and spend the entire day going from one food vendor to the next and eating so many points. I wish I could have had a points calculator in my hand as well as calorie and fat content on all that stuff. It would have been a true eye opener. One thing I forewarn you about is that you are fairly new to WW and so is your daughter and if you think you might not be able to be in control, maybe the fair is not the best place to go? However, on the other hand, not going makes you feel deprived and feeling deprived is one of the biggest reasons people don't stay on program and sometimes even drop out. I've been there.
Kim, sadly I no longer get TOM (wish I did and miss it - yes, I know hard to believe) but I remember (it hasn't been all that long after all) that I would do my share of emotional eating beforehand. Usually this entailed chocolate of some kind. In fact, since I stopped getting TOM, I think my chocolate consumption has gone down somewhat, though I still love it. One thing that helps me and helped me then was to make a huge bowl of air-popped popcorn and sit and eat it slowly while enjoying a magazine or something good to read. I find that when I sit and relax and have something that takes a long time to eat that I just feel more in control. I have a big glass of ice water or diet soda if flavor is what I am craving, or iced tea. Then, when I finish all the popcorn and water and feel full, I will top it off with a sugar free hot cocoa to get the chocolate urge taken care of. I've eaten, taken time, filled up my stomach and had chocolate. I've only then spent a few points, but the time I spent eating and relaxing calms me. If I still fell out of control after that, I'll drink another glass of water and then go brush my teeth. Brushing my teeth puts a strong taste of toothpaste into my mouth and signifies "meal over" to me and I get the message to stop.
One of the things I have noticed about myself is that uncontrolled snacking is often accompanied by stress and feelings of sadness and inadequacy. I then need to sit and relax and distract myself. I find that relaxing with my snack and having something that takes a long time to eat, like popcorn will do the trick. Also, planning snacks at intervals between meals and counting the points for them is really essential.
Truelies, good job going to the gym and also taking off that hoodie to weigh in! Wow, 30 mintutes to start on that machine? I'm wondering if you are sore today? That seems like alot at first. You can do this, and you can ask your mom to help you. My daughter asks me for help all the time.
By the way, I am packing her a special tote bag to bring on her trip to Maryland with all one and two point WW friendly snacks in it. I worry that she'll be away with another family who has totally different eating habits and how this will affect her. I cannot be her shadow every day, she needs to do this for herself. But, this special tote bag may really help her to stay in control. I've found that having a basket on the table here while on vacation with 1 and 2 point snacks has helped us both to stay out of the cabinets where other foods are that are not so good for us. I also rearranged the cupboard at home and have a wicker basket at eye level so that the first thing you see when you open the cabinet doors is a basket full of healthy low point snacks. All the other treats that are my husband's and son's are not at eye level and on other shelves. Maybe your mom would allow you to arrange a few things that way? If there is a family BBQ, perhaps you could offer to make veggies and low fat dip to help out with preparations?
Ann, I suppose your dietitian has a point. You did lose inches vs. wieght and ultimately that is probably the best thing for you. Are you still journalling and counting points? Or, are you just following a healthy eating plan this person has given you? You do so many steps each day, I'm also so impressed. I have to ask, what led you to this person in the first place?
Yes, the drill sargent is coming tomorrow, bright and early. I think the sargent will give me a healthy checklist of goals for the day starting tomorrow? First on the list will be the gym, I guess, and then a bit of grocery shopping and planning menus is in order. I'm tired just thinking about it, but getting back on plan is essential. The sargent will have no mercy and will measure out my water into a container and put it in the refrigerator each day. I shall be forced to drink it all. I will be rewarded each evening that I follow the sargent's plan with a WW ice cream 2 point cone, if I do not follow the plan, I will get sugar free Jello with FF Cool whip instead.
Erica, does your farm submit things at the NY State fair? Baked goods? Preserves? Lifestock? As these fairs are based on agriculture, I was wondering if you were more of a participant than an observer?
Paige2, so sorry about your back. I hope you are feeling really better soon. What part of TX are you in and how near the coast? Here in RI where we have been staying this week, there has been an effort all along the waterfront to install underground utilities. I have a feeling that some of it is aesthetic, but I would also think that during a bad storm, it would keep more people with water. In this area, there really hasn't been a severe hurricane (many others but not the really bad destruction like a Katrina situation) since 1938. This area is very "past due". My FIL has a book on the 1938 hurricane that I have read that is actually fascinating. Of course, in those days they didn't have the forecasting equipment that exists nowadays and the storm basically took so many by surprise, which is why there were so many deaths along the coast. But, there were ocean-front communities that were totally wiped out by this storm. One of the things my FIL shakes his head about is that right on the very spot these communities were destroyed, people have re-built homes, and every expensive ones. It's like they never learn.
So, how can we learn, speaking of "never learning" when it comes to our weight loss? If you think of people building homes one the site where so much destruction has taken place, is that like us taking off tons of weight and then, knowingly, re-gaining it? Ah, something to ponder.
Well, this is far too long. It's time for me to get off line and begin to clean this house and pack to go home. I shall welcome the exercise I will get packing and cleaning, and I shall welcome the return to normalcy.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:17 AM   #66  

Good Sunday Morning everyone,
Another cool morning here, and the warmth of my coffee feels really good. So did I tell you all who my new best friend is? My IPod!!! I spent the better part of yesterday putting almost 200 songs on it! I had my youngest sister who is way hip and cool send me her entire ITunes library (8 CD's) total, and I sorted through all the songs until like 11:30 last night, and made different playlists for my walks and exercise routines. I even titled one of my playlists "Lose 16 Pounds" ha! That playlist will be my drill sergeant!

Linda-we already have our fair tickets, so we'll definitely be going. I walked with my sister last night, and we talked about how the food isn't even really that good when you think about it. Her and I are definite "foodies", you know the type, who are constantly in search of new and exciting flavors and flavor combinations. We talked about how there isn't one thing that we're like, "oooooh, we can't wait to go and have......" And you're right, at the NY state fair, there is just a sea of overweight people and their families that just go from one food stand to the next. We have had people show some of our pumpkins at the fair, but we don't do it ourselves, because it is very time consuming during our busiest time of year. I started a 4-H group for our daughters and other farming kids on our road, so maybe someday they will be interested in showing some of our livestock, but if not, I'm fine with that, because it is a lifestyle that is very competitive and involved, definitely doesn't go with my laidback personality. Linda, you are always reminding of such great WW tips and tricks and I thank you for that. It is so true about the uncontrolled snacking. I was out of points last night, but DH was working late cutting hay, I had 2yr. old DD on my lap while at computer, and we just sat and ate pretzels dipped in pesto together, it was kind of a fun little quality time thing, but at the same time, I was eating uncontrolled, and was ending the day resorting to old/bad habits. The hot chocolate thing is a great idea. I should have made popcorn instead too.

Paige-how's it going? When do classes start for you?

kpe-sorry to hear your back is hurting, hopefully you'll get more relief soon!

Ann- I'm going to sadly change my ticker as soon as I finish this post. So those of you who know my story, I was 3.5 pounds from goal back in May, and then stress and bad/old habits took over my life this summer and I'm more like 15 pounds away from goal. But this is the WW train, and I've now got the shade pulled way up high, so high that hopefully it's stuck for awhile, ya know how shades can do that sometimes? You keep pulling on that cord, struggling do get it down but it won't budge? That happened to me the other day with a shade. It was a good metaphor for me with the shade up on the WW train. Because all summer, I had the shade down. Anyway Ann, you are always on the train, I always get the impression from you that you are really entrenched in this lifestyle, and it would take a "train wreck" at this point for you to stop what you are doing. Have you experienced any real plateaus yet since you've started?

Ok, well time for me to get ready for the day. My mom and sister are coming over today, and we're going to do one big push to get our bakery/gift shop ready for our grand opening in 2 weeks. I want strength to stay in control today, water, gum, popcorn.... will be key.... have a great day everyone!
Old 08-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #67  

good morning everyone:

I pretty much decided that as much as I would like I am not going to do the personal training sessions right now. I really want to focus on saving money and as much as I know it would be beneficial for my body I think I can take some of the things she showed me and incororate it. I went to WI yesterday and I was down .8 I am really trying hard to make this work. Tomorrow is back to work for me, the students don't come back yet but the thought of going to work is already stressing me out.

Erica L: it's good having you back, so your ipod huh, yeah I have been wanting to get one of those I am just worried b/c I am really bad about names of songs and who sings what. Maybe someday. Good luck with the fair, I know how that goes planning around those things. I think if you try to figure out what you might gravitate towards as far as food you can plan that will work for you.

o2bskinny: yeah!!! another new buddy to my myspace page!!!

derry: how is your voice??? Well, I don't think putting a myspace page together is as intimidating sounds (of course I say that now that I finished one), but it is tricky actually I was a little unsure of how to do it also, so I just sat down and did it in the end I was proud of myself for being able to do it without asking for help it was a sense of accomplishment.

kpe: I hope your back get's better, how awful back pain is, it's amazing how much we need our backs.

ann: wow, good work with thsoe steps, I think you should be proud of yourself for losing inches that is sometimes harder to lose then weight.

truelies: hmm 100 calorie pack choc. covered pretzels I haven't even seen those but I am going to have to look for that definatly. Have fun at the bar-b-que. Good for you for rejoining weight watchers and going to the gym!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #68  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Wow, you don't come read posts for a day and you get soooo far behind!

So, thanks for the Birthday wishes. I did have a nice day. DH took me out for dinner Friday night so we didn't end up at the fair. We went to a steak place and I think I did pretty good. Probably ate a little more than needed, but I did make some good choices. Had a vodka and cranberry juice for cocktail, stuffed muchroom hors dorves (sp? we always call them horses drawers!!) that I shared with DH, ceasar salad, mahi mahi, and grilled asparagus. I think everything was ok, except that the mushrooms and fish both had a sauce that was most likely a little less than healthy. But I wasn't stuffed, I didn't eat the whole thing, so that was good.

Then yesterday, DH didn't go to the Dream Cruise (Detroit major old car show), and stayed home to hang out with us. It was a wonderful surprise. He and kids made me breakfast in bed, and he made dinner and cleaned up! What a treat. I was truely a queen. Scale this morning hinted that I may even be a thinner queen, so it made the day all the more better!!

Ok, let me try and catch up....

Tech: I live just north of M59 off of Clyde Rd. DH grew up in this area and about 5 years ago we bought some property and built our home. It is amazing to me how this town has changed in the 22 years since I have started coming around here. What church did you go to?

Paige: How did the cake date go? I am excited to hear if you are going to go through with the bakery!

Linda: I can't imaging having to deal with your own weight issues and then have to watch your daughter go through it too. Thankfully, at this time my kids are all bean poles. I keep them very active though and make sure that there are plenty of healthy snack around for them to go to instead of junk. I was really thin too when I was young, it wasn't until college that I started putting weight on and then with each kids, I kept 10lbs. I am trying really hard now to lead a good example and can only hope that the things that I tell them about healthy living sticks when I am not around to watch them. Trust that your daughter hears your words and that in most cases she is following your lead!! You are being a great mom!!

Truelies: Good for you in the gym. I hate having sore muscles, so I usually avoid things that could result in me hurting the next day (I am such a wimp), but I know that I really need to start doing some weight training and more streneous stuff instead of just the walking and pilates.

Ann: Losing inches is terrific. When I worked for Jenny Craig, years and years ago, it was required that we did both weight and measurements. Often when someone was in rut with losing, we would do the measurements and they would always see inches gone. This way too you always have two ways of recieving positive reinforcement for your hard work.

Haylo: Don't feel bad about not joining the gym. I am right with you in the cost effective modes of exercise. I know that joining a gym would do me a world of good, but right now kids braces, school supplies, and groceries have to take priority. A friend of mine went to a gym and the trainer told him that all he needed was one of those exercise balls and he could get the same results as using the gym machines. That is something I may look into this fall.

Kim: I too struggle with TOM. I get migraines with it and so I always feel like I would feel better if I ate something. Only then I feel sick and even worse. One thing that sometimes works for me is to get a bag of frozen fruit, pull out a cup and munch on that. It is frozen so it takes a little longer to eat, and usually helps with the urge to graze. Otherwise I try and get occupied by a project. If I have nothing to do, I will just find myself in the kitchen pantry, gazing at all the naughty things that will temp me!

Erica L & KPE: We haven't had a chance to "meet", so howdy and I look forward to chatting more with you!

Did I forget anyone? I actually had to take notes there was so much I missed. If I missed you, know that I am wishing you a healthy day!!

Today is starting out well, but may end challenged. Just accepted an invite for dinner from some friends. BBQ.... I think I will bring lots of veggies from the garden and I'll munch on those instead of the chips and stuff.

Happy Sunday!!
Old 08-19-2007, 02:12 PM   #69  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Kim2 - you are right! If you don't stay on top of the posts, you miss so much! I don't know where to start. But.....here goes.

Tomorrow I start school...for Respiratory Therapy. I am very excited, but also very nervous. I bought my books last week and it is intimidating!! I will be in class M-F, so if I don't get on here for a few days at a time, you will know why.

Linda and Kim2, thanks for the tips for TOM. I will try to use them and not pig out....although that would be very easy!
Linda, thanks also for the tips on the fair.

Erica ~You know I think it is the smell of the food that gets us.You are right..there is nothing that is THAT good. Its just that when you walk in the smell of fair food hits you and makes you want to eat everything.
Maybe I should wear NOSE PLUGS!!! Wouldn't that look cute??

Kim2, you cracked me up with the 'horse drawers'! I will have to remember that next time we go out!

Haylo - if you can use some of the tools the trainer gave you, awesome! I understand about the money thing. There is no way right now I could join anything (But WW, of course!). Anyway, it sounds like you are on the right track!

Paige2, I am so glad your back is better!! I am praying Dean stays away from you. I hope he dies down and just goes away. We'll be watching though.

Erica ~ I will send 'vibes' your way to STEP AWAY FROM THE FOOD at the fair if you will do the same. We can do this.....it's just another obsticle we can overcome.

Ann~ good job on your steps!! As far as the 2 pound gain vs inches lost! I would take the inches lost.....that means you are getting smaller!! YAY for you!

Have a great Sunday!!
Kim (1)
Old 08-19-2007, 04:33 PM   #70  

Height: 5'5

Well, the BBQ did not go over as well as I planned. I mean, I have 35 flex points and the 19 I saved up from yesterday so I guess I didn't go too off the plan. Atleast something changed inside of me, usually I would say "Screw this" (sorry) and that would be it for me. I would eat all of the leftovers (my mom gave them to family members) and just never look back. Today I started over and am back on track. I've never been able to do that, I just wish I could hit the gym today. Well, maybe the marathon cleaning I have to do in my room today could count for some activity lol.

Derrydaughter: I've been meaning to get back to you. My mother, like you is also worried about me and now I am worried for myself. Ask your daughter to watch those specials on Discovery Health about people who are 500lbs. +, those are what motivated me to really take control because I do not want to become that and I'm sure your daughter does not either. I hope she can make healthy choices for herself on her trip and that was so sweet of you to pack her nice, healthy snacks. My mother is very supportive as well, and it helps out a lot!

Kim(1): Good luck with your classes

Bellybuster: Happy belated Birthday! (sorry, I'm new here!) I'm glad you enjoyed your night and you made some VERY good choices. A little sauce wouldn't hurt anyone and compare it to something you would have ordered before you started Weight Watchers, you'll see how much better you did! And btw, what did you count the cranberry&vodka as? As for the gym, I'm actually not too sore right now. I just wish I could go again today so I could try to improve with that machine.

Haylo: There actually Hershey's and they are amazing. My mom had never seen them before yesterday and usually she's the one to "find" all of this stuff first! They come in wafer bars and another variety as well.

EricaL: I'm trying to save up money for an Ipod! I've wanted a nano for the longest time lol. Have fun with it, I heard it makes cardio so much easier!
Old 08-19-2007, 07:13 PM   #71  

Well, I'm home now. Boy, already there is something on my schedule that I forgot about for tomorrow, I have to take both cats to the vet. Oh joy and I was going to be heading to the gym. Why is it every time I make good plans, something is in the way?
Erica, you did a great job by accepting reality and changing your tracker. I'm proud of you. Time to take responsibility and take full control.
The sugar free hot chocolate thing has saved my neck more than once when a chocolate craving has come on.
Janelle/Haylo (so used to calling you that!) my voice is quite a bit better, but still squeaky at times. I got a message left on my answering machine that my insurance is not going to cover the voice therapy and I'm going to have to cancel my appointment. I am lots better and I think that I am on the way to recovery as long as I remember to keep myself in check. I want to sing, though! I love singing along with music in the car, especially and it's really hard not to.
Kim2, like you I never had troubles with my weight when I was younger. In fact, I really never had issues until I had children. I really lost control of my eating when I was pregnant and those darn fat cells sure have a memory!
It's really hard watching my daughter go through this. I keep wondering if computers and TV are contributors to her weight. She watches a great deal of television and sits for hours at her computer. I was always out when I was a teen with friends and hardly ever sitting in front of the tv and certainly not a computer. I'm sure my lifestyle was very different from hers. But, I remember going out to eat with friends, often and having all sorts of foods that are off my list nowadays!
Kim 1 and Erica, you are correct that the food at the fairs isn't even all that good. The roast beef sandwich I had was thought, the rolls was "boring" and the beef gristly and over-cooked. I didn't NEED it for sure. I should have eaten before I went there?
Truelies, I don't think we've seen the specials on Discovery Health. I'll have to check for them. It would be a good learning experience.
I like your Kurt Cobain quote, by the way, so very true.
As for me, I am so very glad to be home again.
I may get up early tomorrow morning and try to get to the gym and back on time to get the cats to the vet. I feel badly for the poor things. They were cooped up in the cat carrier for a 2 1/2 hour car ride today and I have to drag them out of here again tomorrow. Bummer. But, I don't want to cancel the appointment, they are already late for their immunizations.
I can do it all? I can get down to business and manage this.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:21 AM   #72  
newlifestyle

Hello ladies, I do hope everyone had a great weekend.
Linda, I went to the dietician as I had a doctors appointment and I mentioned to my doctor how much exercise I was doing and how I was eating on plan and it seemed like I wasn't losing my two pounds per week, the doctor asked me if I wanted to see a dietician to see if they could help me make sense of what was going on with my body. I thought it was a good idea. I do journal everyday. My journal is my best friend it seems. I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, I eat my five vegetables per day, my two dairy, 2 healthy fats and track points. The dietician checks my journal and I track everything. I try to walk at least 10,000 steps per day and I run 5 k per day. The doctor thought that seeing the dietician would help me to see it is not about the actual number on the scale. She thinks ww is a great plan. Currently I eat 23 points a day. I hope I answered what you had asked. Also I am not sure if your are on or have ever been on high blood pressure medication, but someone I know lost their job because they kept on losing their voice and they worked in a call centre so they were on the phone all day. This kept going on for a few years (losing their voice). They just recently found out that the medication they are taking is probably the cause. They have cut back the amount of medication and they have not had this problem again.
Erica, it is so awesome to see you back....I enjoyed that metaphor. Congratulations on pulling that shade up. I think it is true sometimes we pull down the shade in all aspects of our lives as it is much easier than dealing with whatever it is we don't really want to deal with. You were bang on when you said, I am entrenched in this lifestyle. For me it was such a lifestyle change. It is like brushing my teeth every day, I just do it. I remember prior to ww, that I thought you go on a diet lose x number of pounds and then go back to eating how you ate before. When I started the journey this time. I realized that it was going to have to be a lifestyle change. I think for the most part it has made it easier. I still want to lose all my weight tomorrow but I realize that with my lifestyle it will happen when it happens. My focus is this new lifestyle. I think you put it into words for me. I love this thread. You ladies always help me to put into words how I am feeling about things....thanks for coming back to us Erica, I missed you.
Hey Janelle/Haylo, I love my ipod, it makes running so much easier. When I first started running my friend told me my music was too boring for running and I needed more upbeat music to run with. She was so right, now I think I run to the beat. That is awesome you spent time with a personal trainer. You are very smart to take what you can from the trainer and impliment it into your life. Janelle is such a pretty name. Oh yeah thanks for the rain, it arrived Friday night. Congratulations on your loss.
Paige 2, I do pray that hurricane fizzles out. It must be scary during hurricane season. I hope your back is feeling way better.
Nikki, Way to go getting back on track. It is great your mom is so supportive. I like your quote too.
Kim 1, good luck at school tomorrow. I do hope you get into a routine that makes eating easier. have a wonderful day.
Kim 2, thanks for your support with my losing inches. I like the way you put it. I have to realize those non scale victories as just as important as the losses on the scale.
Paige I am not sure if I mentioned it or not but your cake looks great. You are so talented. It is great you get to do what your are passionate about. People go through life never realizing what they are truly passionate about. How are you doing?
Hello Laura, Briza, Emma, Ginny,and anyone else I missed.
It is getting late and I need to go to bed. I hope everyone has a great week.
Thanks for all the support I receive from this thread. You ladies are awesome.
Good Night all
Ann
Old 08-20-2007, 06:14 AM   #73  

Good Morning everyone,
What a beautiful sunrise we're having this morning. Well yesterday went well for me until dinner last night. I felt like I was in the "deserving" mode, because I got a lot accomplished, so we went out to dinner. I ordered fine, but I always have to "pick" off of DD's chicken tenders and fries!!! Grrrrr.... gets me every all time! Then... after a couple glasses of wine, we went to the playground, and I just had that sweet tooth that wouldn't go away, so it was MY idea to stop and get something on the way home!! I won't even tell what it was. Old habits die hard..... Today is a new day, so I shall move on from it.....
Old 08-20-2007, 06:47 AM   #74  

Ann, your posts are always so supportive, thank you.
As for your questions, no I am not on any kind of blood pressure medication, so that is out when it comes to my laryngitis. I am a bit better and I do think that a certain way of talking has helped. I have to keep a "lid on it" as they say and not talk too much, very hard for me as I a particularly chatty.
What kind of music do you all listen to when you run or walk? I probably should get some kind of ipod thing. My kids love them, for sure. I am such a computer illiterate, sadly. This is why I basically have no myspace page as I couldn't figure out how to do it. One day, I shall conquer the high tech world?
So, today is DAY ONE of summer boot camp. I was up, setting the alarm for 5:00 am! If any of you really want to get into this and have realplayer on your computers, you can click on this (hope it works):
http://www.superflag.com/doc/wavs/assembug.wav

So, it's time to plan and get with the program. It's a no excuses day. No more playing around.
Today:
I will plan meals
I will drink all my water
I will exercise
I will eat my points allowance and work meals into the day that are within those points.
I will choose a healthy lifestyle

Boot camp, day 1, planned menu:

Points allowance = 20

Breakfast:
Oatmeal made with 1 cup Calorie Countdown Milk = 3 points
1/2 grapefruit = 1 point
Total remaining: 16

Lunch:
one cup lentil soup = 2 points
string beans = 0 points
low point roll = 2
Total remaining = 12

Afternoon snack: popcorn = 1

Total remaining = 11

Dinner:
Boneless Chicken breast, grilled = 3
Salad, 2 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp vinegar = 2
1 cup Brown rice with 0 point butter spray = 3

Dessert:
2 point WW ice cream "treat"

Exercise: Will be heading to the gym in about a half hour, plan to earn 2 points. I can add snacks as I do need another dairy or two to complete my day.

I hope to have time to bank, grocery shop as well as exercise, get caught up on laundry and pay bills. It's going to be one heck of a busy day, when combined with taking 2 cats to the vet. Oh well.
Signed,
boot camp gal
Old 08-20-2007, 06:57 AM   #75  

Erica, today IS truly a new day, a Monday and a day of new beginnings.
I think you need to have a hands off approach to your daughter's leftovers. I don't know what to advise you.
One time, my family told me I was the worst person at the table consistently, at restaurants, who had to just "try a bite" of everyone else's entrees. I'm didn't think I was doing that all the time, and when they told me, I got pretty embarrassed. I have truly stopped begging bites off other people's plates!
I also stopped eating my families leftovers off their plates at the time I do the dishes, the awareness kicked in when my mom once told me that my grandmother used to do that in the privacy of the kitchen when all the places were cleared. Grandma Derry was a diabetic and I look almost just like her, she put on a tremendous amount of weight in her later years and it was a real eye opener for me to realize that I was starting the same bad habits she used to have. When places are cleared, any leftover "deserving" food is saved in containers or frozen, there are no mommy bites for me. I keep up this by taking a piece of gum, or a WW frutie or mint right after dinner.
Erica, my family always LOVED going out for ice cream too. It was the way of elongating a pleasant day or experience together, I think. I'm really guilty of that as well. My daughter and I keep each other in check with that, though we were not very successful on vacation. We always were big on taking a ride to go out for ice cream in the evenings, what a pleasant family activity. We need to brain storm about ways to stop this over eating. I guess we could elongate family time by suggesting an evening walk or board game together or something? A new FUN routine needs to take the place of the eating.
When we do go out for ice cream, I order the kiddie cone and get soft serve or sugar free, if it's available. It's hard to resist.
Let's keep trying to figure out new routines.
Linda, off to the gym soon!
Closed Thread