Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 04:47 PM   #106  
kpe
Paige

Hi everyone!! Hope you are having a wonderful day so far! At least it's not raining here today so that puts a huge smile on my face! It has rained so much here in the past 6 weeks... that most of my flowers have drowned!!! They look horrible! I was shocked when we got back this week from our 3 week vacation and saw all my flowerbeds!! The flowers look terrible and the weeds have overtaken them due to all this rain!!

Anyway went to my first WI in 5 weeks due to our vacation and I was only up 7ounces!!! I was so excited! So now I'm really motivated for this week and hopefully by next week I'll be down past where I was before vacation!! I've got to exercise this week though! Other then unpacking and doing some cleaning I didn't do any this week.

Enjoy your weekend ladies!
Old 07-22-2007, 08:47 AM   #107  
Donna

Hi All,

Well yesterday went pretty well. Surprisingly there were a lot of very healthy salads and grilled chicken along with the brats and dogs for dinner so I was able to make some healthy choices. This is not usual for my large (both in number and size) Polish family. But it was nice. If I could have just cut back on the wine I would of been golden. But as it was I didn't do too bad. DH and I went for a 10 mile ride before we went so I had some activity points, plus most of my flex for the week, so I should be ok. Helping a girl out at work who had baseball tickets today and working for her, so I need to grab breakfast and head in soon. I'm going to ride in and hopefully ride after work, I don't know if I'll get in the 10 miles but at least some.

Paige - Glad you like the saying it's always been one of my favorites.

Haylo - Sorry about the pound. Did you enjoy your workout? Have fun in KY.

Paige2 - Good job on not gaining horribly on vacation. That's always one of my challenges. Can you send some of that rain here, my garden is wilting in thirst.

Ann - This was a really blue funk and I was in my 2 year old "I DON'T WANNA" mode. Did you get your family to walk? You do so great on your steps. I need to get a new pedometer and check mine.

Erika - have fun on your vacation.

Well I should get moving. And I need to remember to call my folks to see if we're walking tomorrow, I forgot to ask them yesterday. It's been a few weeks between me picking up extra days, or out of town....

Have a great Sunday everyone

- Tech
Old 07-22-2007, 09:37 AM   #108  

Paige, I just LOVE that remark your husband made about your wedding dress, I'd tell him that, yes, you do plan to wear that wedding dress again and watch his eyes! Just fitting into it would be an accomplishment. What size is it?
My wedding dress is a size 5, I don't think I'll ever get into it again, but it's been worn in a few plays and you never know if my son finds a girl who is really petite to wear it. I'd love to see it worn by a family member, again one day. My daughter is a size 10 and even when she reaches goal, I don't know if she'll ever be a size 5. She favors my husband's side of the family and a 7 or 9, at goal. is more likely. There is nothing wrong with that size for sure.
Paige, I also love the new quote you put at the end of your signature line, great advice. By the way, I followed my plan well yesterday. If I had not taken the time to actually make the plan, I'd have blown it, I think. I think I did very well. Today, I will create a new plan and it will take an effort to do so as we are at the lake. I keep a small amount of foods here in the cupboards and in the freezer as it's a small place and storage is an issue. I have Hebrew National "lite" hot dogs that are one point each here, though, as well as the Country Kitchen "lite" whole wheat hot dog rolls, they are great and only one point each. So, I can have 2 hot dogs for lunch for only 4 points. I have some Kashi cereal here to use up, but I am not a fan and think it tastes like cardboard. But, one point for one cup is nice to think about so maybe I'll have that. I slept late today, it felt glorious to just sleep until I wanted to get up, the sun was fully up when I got up for a change!
Tech, I am so glad you are back. Hey, I am the queen of having a bad attitude and sabotage, so please don't back off if you feel you are going through a bad time again. That is when you should be pouring out those negative feelings and that is when we can come to your aid the most. Please share if you feel badly again. And, you lost some of the weight you gained, that's excellent! Keep at it!
EriKa, Bon Voyage! Have a wonderful trip. You'll do fine and even if you have vacation gain (I probably will when I am on vacation the week of the 28th) it will come off. I do plan on having fried clams and onion rings one night of my vacation, I just HAVE to and it won't feel like my vacation unless I do this. A lobster roll is in my future as well. There are certain things about a vacation in NH that have to be done, in my opinion. BUT, I can be very good the day I do this, try to get in some extra activity and do the best I can with it. If I have a vacation gain, I will work hard and I will lose it again, I know it and I am comfortable.
Haylo, a little journal is just the thing. Having that written plan keeps you accountable to yourself. I try very hard to plan what I will eat (that is, when I am being a good girl and I am human and there are times when I blow it off, as evidenced by my 2.4 gain last week).
So, ladies, it's a glorious day here at the lake, sunshine and the best weather forecast is a promise for good times! I'm getting off line now to have my healthy breakfast, while typing this I've decided to not have the Kashi cereal, it's going to feed the birds. Having food that just doesn't taste good and feels like diet food spells defeat! I have these mini 2 point bagels in the freezer that are cinnamon/raisin and I can micro one of those and have whipped lite cream cheese for one point on top, then I'll add some pineapple (canned) and have a tasty 4 point breakfast. Hot dogs on the grille will be lunch with leftover salad from last night. Then, dinner.... I have to think here. We'll be arriving home from the lake around that time and I will not have time to defrost anything, but I have a turkey breast in the refrigerator. It would take about 2 hours to cook and I doubt I'll have time. I guess dinner will be pasta, then, with sauce and maybe I'll take a few boneless chicken breast out of the freezer, pour the sauce over them and cover with ff mozarella. Then, it will kind of a chicken parm thing, but with no breaded covering of the chicken, I'll have that with a vegetable for dinner and keep it about 10 points. I'll be well on track and have room for dessert! There, a plan is made and I feel calm!
Take care, forgive any spelling issues as here on this little laptop, I have no spellcheck.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:41 PM   #109  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Newby! Need Support!

Hello everyone! I Have not been on 3fatchicks.com in almost 2 years. I am joining Weight Watchers Tuesday with my daughter (she is 11 and weighs 126). We are waiting on a note from her doctor saying it is ok, and what her goal weight is. We should have that by the Tuesday meeting. Anyway, I will be 40 on August 23, and have never weighed this much in my life. I joined Weight Watchers a few years ago, but didn't stick with it. I am determined this time. Not just for me (I can't stand to look in the mirror!), but for my daughter! I also have a son that will be 16 tomorrow. Heaven Help Me!
I would love to join this group, not only to recieve support, but also to give it.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:11 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 150+/135

Lightbulb newbie

my first post... it's a big site- kind of intimidating. any suggestions on where I should spend time? So many stories- all the messages are interesting. It's hard to jump in with some of those who have many years on the site.
I have no excuses.. well- actually I do but I won't start with them. I am way over 150 and too embarassed to say how much... I am 30 pounds more than when I was 9 months pregnant. I am disgusted with myself. I am trying to be serious...I used to run 3 miles a day and all that good stuff but now 20 years later... I feel like a cow and look like one too. I started working out last week, [seriously] not just walking at lunch. I am going to be 40 this week and it's very depressing. I cut off my hair friday [8"] as a motivator- trying to change... I need support. My husband is too kind to ever say anything about my size...so I don't get into details with him. I want to do this for me.. and for him and for us..and to show my family-- being healthy has always been important to our family. I feel so weak, not physically but emotionally... I am very determined in all I do, but this one thing is literally weighing me down.
I hate to talk too much here so I'll cut this short. I live in the sticks and have little support... thought i'd try this for a change. I read about it in a magazine.. I am open to advice... thank you!
Old 07-22-2007, 03:15 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 150+/135

HI- we are in similar shoes... I posted and your post was so like mine. My kids are older but maybe we can help each other...
Old 07-22-2007, 03:19 PM   #112  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Default Hello Goingtodothis!!

It sounds like you and I have lots in Common!!! Our age, weight, etc! Oh...I just looked at your last post and saw you noticed it too! How weird is that? Anyway.....Yes! I would love to start together and get through some of this with someone who knows exactly how I am feeling (ex: not liking ourselves at all!) My husband sounds like yours as well....He tells me all the time how beautiful I am, but I can't see it!!!
With the support of this group and each other, we can do this. I don't plan on spending my 40's looking and feeling like this.
Kim
Old 07-22-2007, 03:27 PM   #113  
kpe
Paige

Hope everyone is enjoying their day! It rained here again today but it does look like the sun is trying to come out so that's a good thing! I think we are taking the kids to the aquarium downtown tomorrow so they are excited about that!!

Hey o2bskinny- I think maybe we chatted before in another group... I'm recently back too after being gone for about 2 years! Welcome to the group!

Speaking of wedding dresses I'd love to get be able to get into mine again... although I wasn't exactly skinny then either. But it might be possible for me in another 30lbs or so!

I'm still really excited about my WI yesterday. I was so afraid that I had gained. It feels good to know that I can go away for a few weeks and not totally blow it!!! Now I just need to keep up the momentum and make it through this week!!! Day by day is how I have to take this... my journey is gonna be a long one since I have so much weight to lose!

I'm going to fix Paige's recipe tonight for dinner!!! I'll let you all know how it turns out!! It sounded so good!

Okay... gonna go and try to get some yard work done while the sun is trying to come out!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 03:30 PM   #114  
kpe
Paige

Going to do this and o2bskinny... I'm 42 and I know exactly how you feel... I started all this right before I turned 40!! I was in the mindset that I refused to be fat and 40!!! Well now I'm fat and 42!!! Where does time go??

I lost 50lbs... and then gained it all back so here I am again!!! Good luck to both of you and I'm glad your here!!
Old 07-22-2007, 03:33 PM   #115  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Hi Paige! I do think we were on the same board a while back! Well, here I am again!!
Oh, to get into my wedding dress.....that isn't possible ( I weighed 103 pounds, ate anything I wanted and had a metabolism that wouldn't stop!)
I wouldn't mind weighing what I did after my 11 year old was born though...119! I lost weight like crazy after she was born!
I am looking forward to being a part of this again.
Kim
Old 07-22-2007, 05:58 PM   #116  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone. I hope you all had a great day,
Welcome Kim and Goingtodo this, I hope you enjoy posting here.
Hello Paige 2, How are you doing. The aqarium sounds like it would be a great excursion.
Tech, it sounds like you did well at the barbeque.
Linda, How was the lake, I hope you enjoyed your dinner. It sounded good.
Hello everyone else.
I had a great day. I ran this morning and so far have walked 12,409 steps. Eating has been good but I feel like some ice cream right now. I am not hungry, just thinking about ice cream. Maybe I will go swimming and I will forget about the ice cream. It is a beautiful day here.
Have a good night everyone.
Take Care
Ann
Old 07-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #117  
kpe
Paige

Erika- I was just going back and reading some old post and I saw your link for your digital album! You did a great job!! I'm a digital scrapbooker fanatic!!! I like to blame that on my weight gain!! Too much time sitting in front of my laptop scrapping!!! Here's my gallery if you want to check it out.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:28 PM   #118  

O2Bskinny, welcome! I go to WW with my daughter as well as one of the reasons I went back was for her. Good for you! You will also find that you support each other. If you are tempted, she will remind you. If she is tempted, you will remind her. I feel that WW has made us closer as mother and daughter.
Hi goingtodothis! Stick with us and you WILL do this! Read lots of the threads and posts here on the web site and you will probably settle in with a new group of friends. Keep going to WW meetings, keep journaling and, of course, exercise and drink your water. It's hard not to be impatient as it takes a very long time to lose. But, we all can do this.
Paige2, good to hear from you. Let me know how that recipe was! I need some ideas to keep me on track throughout this week.
Ann, your dedication to running is so inspirational! I must say that without you to inspire me, I'd probably not have joined the gym! Do you keep some WW frozen ice cream type of treats in the house? Those really help me! If I have one of those 2 point WW ice cream cones, I always feel satisfied.
I was on the paddle boat for an HOUR today! My legs hurt, but it was a great ride and the day was just fabulous up North. We're home again now and I wish I was still there. Sometimes it is hard to pull myself away from there, it's so wonderful.
I have 5 points left for the day today, dinner and all my eating is done. I keep wondering if I counted wrong? I don't usually have leftover points, but I did earn points on that paddle boat. My mind is still on that ride... I saw trout swimming in the clear water, I saw beautiful sparkling water, mountains, people boating and swimming, all relaxing.... it was so peaceful. I wish you all peaceful moments such as that.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:46 PM   #119  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Linda, thanks for your warm welcome. Can I ask how old your daughter was when she started WW? Is she grown? I am a little nervous. I hate that my daughter is having to lose weight at 11 years old. It just doesn't seem fair. Anyway, I know that doing this with her, I am a LOT less likely to cheat and mess up when I have my baby girl depending on me to help her too!!
Kim
Old 07-22-2007, 11:52 PM   #120  
I <3 Gaby

S/C/G: 107.6kg/89.8kg/58kg

Height: 5'0

Hi everyone,
i hope you're all having a good week? I don't have much time to read all the posts etc, so will just make it all aobut me as usual

I have WI tonight, and THINK that it'll go better than last week (1.9kg gain.. i think around 4lb), which REALLY upset me, because i had tried really hard. I did core plan this week and seemed to make wiser choices, having recently done the core? So hopefully it's paid off.

Gab's dad was over here watching her today, and I was out doing the washing & heard a godalmighty scream - Gaby had fallen off the couch & bashed her head Grrr seriously, what idiot leaves a (almost) 9 month old baby sitting on the couch by herself? Doesn't appear to be any concussion, but i'm all paranoid so might ring the doctor and see if we can get in for a quick check over. Uh oh she is now after my cell phone charger, so I'd best run! I will check in tonight after my weigh in.......

Emma
Closed Thread