Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 08:19 PM   #151  

Tech, staying the same isn't so bad - take it from me with the 2.4 gain last week, I would have been thrilled with that!
Paige2, take a big gulp and get rid of the stuff. You will have a sense of freedom when you do, I think.
Paige, the black dress is too big now? Whoa! What great news that is. I remember you were stressing about it so much. What about that dress you were wearing as a bridesmaid?
I went to the gym today and I felt thinner and I was proud of myself that I was able to increase time on machines as well as weights on some of them. I felt accomplished when I left there and I had been avoiding going this morning. I really wasn't in the mood, but I am so glad I went. I have so much to do before we go on vacation and taking the time to go to the gym is hard right now, but maybe I'll make time again tomorrow afternoon. We'll see.
Kim, I'm glad you liked the lunch ideas. One thing to be is open minded. Having something different is "OK". Go with her likes and dislikes. For example, if she can buy milk at school, why not get individual serving sizes of healthy cereals or send her with a big paper cup and spoon along with cereal in a zip lock bag. Lots of things are good for lunches, things we wouldn't normally think of.
Also, I used to bring my WW "points finder" in my purse and check how many points various things were (now I know it in my head) in the grocery stores. I'd calculate points for certain foods and carefully place them back on the shelves, or excitedly put them in my grocery cart. You'll develop a feel for what is a great deal points-wise and what isn't.
Sorry you are not feeling well, Kim, take care.
As for me, my daughter and I went to a voice teacher for her this afternoon that was a bit far away, but it was worthwhile. On the way home, we stopped for a huge treat, MacDonald's ice cream cones! They are 3 points each and only 99 cents, not bad on a 92 degree afternoon. That was fun and we both enjoyed them so much. The best part, considering the points were so low, they counted as a milk serving and snack for us and weren't going too far. I'm still within my points range for the day!
So, tomorrow morning I will re-start the thread, or if someone else wants to go ahead.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:41 PM   #152  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone.
This thread is getting so busy. Yeah, it is fun to read all the posts.
Paige 1, I followed your lead and went through my closet. I can't believe all the stuff I got rid of. It was exhausting. I must have earned some activity points for that. Congratulations on that black dress being too big...yeah. I hope someone else gets some use out of it.
After I dropped my stuff off I went out and got some new clothes....it was fun. I bought pants, a jacket a shirt, and a two pairs of jeans. One that fit me and one that is one size down so that I can grow into them.
What other suggestions do you have Paige, this was so much fun. Thanks
Paige 2, the best part about it, is I got to the drop off place and went in and there was a lady there looking for clothes. The woman working there explained they needed to go through it first. I still had bags in the car so I told the lady to follow me. I gave her a bag of stuff she was so excited, she hugged me. It was so worth it.
Linda, what great ideas for lunches. I think I am going to pack a lunch every day and carry it around the house with me. great ideas you have. Congratulations on your loss.
I hope you feel better Kim.
Tech, that is awesome you didn't gain. How was your day. Those vegetables sound yummy.
I hope that Erika is having a great time on vacation. Erika, no kissing cod. Have fun.
Erica, how are you doing? How are your meetings. Are you back to your busy life again? Remember to take care of yourself.
Briza, how are you, I keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Emma I do hope all is well with you and your little angel.
Ginny and Laura, how are you ladies doing. I hope all is well with you both.
Haylo my buddy, where are you. I miss you. I do hope you are walking and having fun.
Amom of three, I do hope all is well with you.
Take Care
Ann

Last edited by Newlifestyle; 07-25-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:54 PM   #153  

Ann-You cracked me up...about my "suggestion being fun"...I guess in a way it is fun to see what things don't fit anymore, and what things are closer to fitting. You also made me laugh about "growing" into your new shirt! You're going to shrink into it!!!

Linda-You and I are so much on the same wave length! I was about to post to Kim that one thing that might be kind of fun for her dd would be to take the points calculator into the grocery store and have her figure out the points on various items. Kim, I think the more you involve her in this, the more successful she will be. Let her pick out her own foods and figure out the points...then maybe determine together if those points would be worth it.

Anyway...my favorite show, Ghost Hunters, is coming on in a few minutes, so I must be going! Heeheehee...I love that show, but my dh is really afraid of any talk of ghosts! I always tell him that I hope I go first so I can come back to haunt him!!!! LOL!

Have a fantastic night all!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:47 PM   #154  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone, I am having a great time out here on the "Rock". Today has been my highest point day so far ... 27.5 after macaroni & cheese at relatives'. (It was delicious though ...) Not too bad. I have managed to continue running and the weather is quite beautiful here right now. Great to see some new people on the list ... looking forward to talking more when I have more regular computer access. oh and I lost 3 this week ... I think ...taking the discrepancy between scales into account. Happy dance! Keep well everyone and thanks for the good wishes!
cheers
Erika
Old 07-26-2007, 06:42 AM   #155  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning all.
Paige 1, when I read my post this morning. I am thinking did I write that. I was so tired last night. You are right I need to shrink into my new clothes....Also the dietician doesn't want me to focus on the scale so I am not allowed to weigh myself for about a month. It is difficult. The good thing about yesterday was I could fit into smaller clothes. That is what made going through clothes fun for me. Also I got rid of clutter in my closet.
Erika, congratulations on the loss, way to go. Also great job running. Have fun.
Have a great day everyone.
Ann
Old 07-26-2007, 07:38 AM   #156  

Quick posting, I'm running later for a meeting this morning. Will post more later. Have a great morning, all!
Linda
Old 07-26-2007, 09:08 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Waving Hello!!!!! Weigh In Today - I've been struggling a lot this summer and trying to pull myself back onto program.

Been thinking of all of you. Vacation away to Lake Michigan and summer activities - who'da thunk summer would be so hard for me? With all the produce, heat and nice weather, it should be the easiest time of year to be on track.

I hope to check in a bit more regularly. I'll try to catch up with everyone and what they are doing today
Old 07-26-2007, 01:46 PM   #158  

Hi all...just checking in quickly. I got a migraine right after I woke up this morning, and have been very sick ever since. Luckily, the migraine has finally left the building. I was supposed to have wi this morning; I might go to the 5:30 one, but if I'm not feeling up to it I'll have to go to one in another town tomorrow. I have a chiropractor appt tomorrow in that same town, anyway.

Anyway...I'm going to go see if dds will let me lay down for a nap.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:56 PM   #159  

Just started the new thread!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118909
C-ya there!
Paige, you cross posted with me!
I hope you feel better, take it easy. It might be air pressure and humidity. This weather really stinks. Do you have AC?
Closed Thread