Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 08:41 AM   #1  
Canada Eh!

S/C/G: 195/moving down/147

Height: 5'7"

Default Keeping the WW bus wheels going!

Hi All!

Well -- I'm on the Weight Watchers bus, kinda, sorta, sometimes! I really need the boost and the kick in the pants to keep going! I don't know what it is! I've aged, I'm older, I'm comfortable -- and not screaming to get into those smaller sizes. Maybe I'm a bit afraid of "being" smaller. It could be my work schedule that isn't helping, or it could be a combination of many things!

I know that I have to keep drinking my water (been off that for a couple of weeks and NOT consistent at all -- shows on the scale I tell you!). I've re-gained about 2 pounds so in my measly minus 5 a month, that's a HUGE thing to me!

What's keeping your mojo going????? Anyone have any tips and ideas?
Old 06-26-2007, 04:30 PM   #2  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Elan,
How is life in Alberta? I imagine it just keeps on getting busier and busier.
I find that I have more time since moving away from Calgary. I even get me time now. That is a great concept. I don't know that I enjoy exercise but I know I have to do it.
For me it is walking and running. I find if I just go out and do it it works. It is just like brushing my teeth every day. Also getting all my water in during the day before I even feel thirsty. I have heard people say they can't have a cup of coffee until they drink their glass of water.
I also find planning meals each day works to help me stay on track.
I hope that you have a great day.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

I joined Curves Wednesday night, worked out Thursday am, created new flower beds in my backyard, weeded flower beds along the front of the house that hadn't been weeded yet this year, turned mulch and spread new mulch.

I want to get back to the gym but I am too sore! I got all that done and then realized I had pushed myself well past muscle fatigue and still had to clean up the mess. I AM A CITY MOUSE! What was I thinking starting the garden?!?

I'd tell you more but it hurts to type- bad for a professional writer!!!

How's everyone else doing?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:50 AM   #4  

Hey ladies! Good to see you all here.
Elan, Ann and Lafayette, I made my WW 10% goal yesterday! It was so nice to finally get to that goal.
I need to figure out ways to continue this journey and not backslide. I seem to have losses and then backslide and have gains, I don't want to do that again.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:03 PM   #5  

Congrats, Linda! That's awesome!

How is the gym working out for you (pardon the expression!)?

I've decided that, even if I have to chomp a bottle of ibuprofen, I'm heading to the gym tomorrow. I bought all these cute workout clothes and I've only be able to wear one outfit! Dang!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:50 PM   #6  

Lafayette, The gym was good until I got sick the end of last week. I've not been back since Wednesday. But, I am not giving up on it, this is just a delay and people do get sick, sadly. I had this cold/cough thing and it's turned into the worst case of laryngitis I've ever had. I've had almost no voice at all since Saturday. I took a "vow of silence" for today to give my throat a rest, but last time I tested things, still no voice. If I'm not better by tomorrow, I guess I'll call the doctor's office and see if they can help at all. But, from what I read on line, there is little they can do and resting/not speaking is best.
I actually feel almost energetic enough to go to the gym and do a small amount of cardio, but I kind of felt that I could be exposing people to germs and that while I am trying really hard to heal myself, it might not be a good thing to take energy away from that area of my body that has issues? So hard to know what is best to do.
Aside from that, I'm staying on program, I'm journaling and eating very healthy at least.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:55 AM   #7  

Linda- It's usually suggested that you stay out of the gym while sick and even give yourself a few days after that to get back your strength. I went to the gym too soon after a bad head cold and knew immediately that the fatigue I was experiencing was more than just being out of shape. I hope you're putting your feet up, too!

Elan- you never answered the question from the other thread- would you go out with your date again?
Old 06-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #8  
Canada Eh!

Hey Lafayette...he did contact me and said that it was a mistake and that he never knew so many of this friends would be there -- he would like another chance. We'll see. I won't rule it out as he was a nice guy.

Work is getting me down -- it's been constant eating eating eating. I am a stress eater and we have a new boss that NO ONE wanted to have the job -- but in the infinite wisdom (or lack thereof) of upper management we are stuck with this woman. She is always right (though most of the time she is wrong), she is very combative. She is a very large woman and has self-esteem issues as well. Does not have control in her home and tries to control her co-workers. I was physically ill yesterday just thinking that I have to work with this woman. I am really trying hard not to stuff my face...but it's not working. I get up from my desk (she sits beside me) to go and get water....and I stew about it. I am only being productive as far as it goes to stuffing my face.

HELP!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:14 PM   #9  
newlifestyle

That is difficult Elan. It is hard when you have a boss who thinks they are alwyas right. They don't realize that just because you think you are right, doesn't mean they are. It is too bad with all the jobs currently in Alberta she can't move to a new job. It is horrible it makes you physically ill. I hope you have a great weekend.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:29 AM   #10  

Elan, Sorry about the job thing. I'd secretly plot my vengeance, by leaving. I've work on my resume' and start looking, focusing my energy on the job search vs. this hateful woman. A few years ago, my husband had a boss hired over him that made not only him, but our entire family miserable. This man "won" by crushing people, not by just doing it better than anyone else and seemed to take great joy in it. He also didn't recognize the boundaries of work/home and even called my husband about work matter on Christmas day on his cellphone while we were headed up to see my mom and dad in the car. He ruined our Christmas. Then, on New Year's, my husband worked all day as this man sent him e-mail after e-mail demanding various reports and things that just HAD to be ready by the next day. My husband, out of stress, nearly had a heart attack and finally quit this job even though he had no other job as the stress was too much for him. I was then the one under stress with an unemployed husband and bills to pay. Those were scary times and times where my weight was all accumulating. I had been going to WW meetings and had to stop as we couldn't afford it, times were really hard.
Now, I can look upon that time with a different perspective that I can share with you. Do not allow food to take over as what comforts you during horrible times. Remember that a strong body is a fighting body. Do something positive vs. allowing this person to walk all over you. If it's a large company, apply for something else within the company, if it's small make your plans and move on. But, don't allow another person to make your life miserable, it is not worth it!
As for me, I went to the gym for the first time in over a week yesterday, it felt good. I toned down my workout and didn't over-do things. I feel good today and am not sore!
We are going up to our family cabin today and will be staying overnight one night. I'm going to try to be on program as best I can! I will try to go out on our paddleboat for exercise, which I totally enjoy.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:50 AM   #11  

I got back to the gym last night and wow! It is so hard to get that little 30 minute work out into my schedule right now... but I did it!

Elan- Do you have someone else at your company who you can discuss your boss's behavior with? I had a boss like this and I eventually quit but not before making sure she got training on how to manage people. I started a whole company program to train employees, support internal promotions, etc. and then they promoted someone else. Now I make more money and love my job but it was a double kick to the teeth at the time... I can beat her up for you if you give me afew more months at the gym j/k, even chubby I'm not very intimidating... darn! Good luck!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #12  

What a great idea, Lafayette! I'll get to work at the gym too and then we'll both show up there and take care of this problem for Elan!!!
At any rate, I go to my meeting and get weighed in a little over an hour. I'm nervous. I wasn't exactly an angel with my eating over the weekend and by not feeling awfully well, I have only been to the gym once this week.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:59 PM   #13  
Canada Eh!

I've got great news!!!! I am down!!!!!
I haven't gone to a meeting for weeks -- but I have been faithfully drinking my water and of course walking my butt off (with a couple of "dates" hee hee). It's funny how your eating perspective is when you are dating. Meantime I am working hard on losing what I've got and taking one day at a time.
It's been tough..the water that is, but I am making every effort. I only have 1 cup of coffee a day, so that helps HUGE!
Hope you all are doing well! I apologize for not being in here more. It has been a very busy couple of weeks! Summer is here and the outdoors calls -- hard to stick around a computer!
Miss you all!
Old 07-06-2007, 06:46 AM   #14  
newlifestyle

Way to go Elan, not only are you losing but you are living life too. Yeah for you.
Take Care
Ann
Old 07-06-2007, 09:31 AM   #15  

Elan, great news! Are the dates with that same guy or someone different?
I remember my eating was very different when I was dating as well. I think I wanted to promote the image that I "ate like a bird" or something. I also ordered inexpensively if my date was paying the bill as I always worried about spending too much of their money.
Things, this week, are a bit "iffy" for me here as I am on vacation up at our cabin on a lake. I have a hard time staying on track up here, but I am not giving up!
Closed Thread