Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 03:30 PM   #1  

Question WW Cookbooks

I would like to buy a WW cookbook at my next meeting. I am a down to earth "country" cook and I like easy recipes. I am not a fancy cook. Can anyone out there recommend which one to buy?
Old 12-06-2001, 03:35 PM   #2  
Life Time 2001

Two's Company, has very easy recipes for 2 but can be adapted to feed more if need be. Love all the recipes I have tried in it.

I also like Simply the Best. Also has really easy recipes and all the ones I have tried are great!
Old 12-06-2001, 04:12 PM   #3  

Thanks Lily!! I will look at those two tonight when I go to the meeting. Hopefully the recipes will keep me from being bored--I have pretty much been eating the same things over and over again for the last 3 weeks. I think I am going to turn in to a bowl of 0 pt veggie soup!! LOL
Old 12-07-2001, 08:49 AM   #4  

Chris, you can vary the vegetables in the 0 point soup, use tomato juice instead of broth, add meat, beans or rice (have to count the points for these).

I love the Two's Company and also Meals in Minutes cookbooks. Easy recipes without a lot of "fancy" ingredients.
Old 12-07-2001, 12:08 PM   #5  
Rat Terrier Chick

I love this one: Weight Watchers Favorite Homestyle Cookbook. I got mine in 1995. Not sure if they still sell it at the meetings. If they don't, you can probably find it at Amazon or Ebay. I also have Simply the Best and have used it quite a lot. Both are great!
Old 12-07-2001, 05:11 PM   #6  
Believe it & Achieve it

I am looking at buying the newest one on the market for the winning points programs (not sure of the name)

All of the other ones looked really good to, when I was scoping them out at Barnes and Noble the other day.
Old 12-11-2001, 05:27 PM   #7  

Thanks for all the great advice everyone!!! I did buy the Simply the Best and I am enjoying it so far. They were out of Twos company at my meeting, but I am going to keep my eyes open for that one as it is just me and DH and we HATE left overs. ALTHOUGH the dog loves them. I am going to have to put her on a diet soon. Do they have a WW program for Basset hounds??? LOL
Old 12-11-2001, 06:43 PM   #8  
si, si signora

wannabe-
our basset has gained a bit of weight since we "fixed" (he would argue he wasn't broken ) him last jan. He's 9, so we're used to him being a skinny guy. However, in preparation for a
cold winter, he is huungry. Now, we give him green beans and turnips that we cook in chicken stock and add it to his food. He really likes it and I think it is helping. He's a big guy, really long and weighs about 67-69 lbs, more a field basset and v. active for an old guy.

Other vegs may work too, but I think it is the broth he likes too.
Closed Thread