3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Watchers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers-18/)
-   -   Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-watchers/114609-supporting-each-other-our-weight-loss-journey.html)

mpaigew 06-07-2007 07:51 PM

Supporting Each Other on Our Weight Loss Journey

This is a great thread for those who want support, helpful hints, friendship and a great bunch of people to communicate with. This thread has existed for a long time and I keep re-starting it whenever the old one gets too long. Feel free to stop in and chat, we are not a "closed" group and welcome newcomers. Some of us have been together for well over a year, some only a few days, but we care about each other. We offer tips, we share, we pick each other up of the floor when we've had rough times and we applaud when someone does well.
So, please do stop on by and share a bit, support is what it's all about! We can really do this together!

mpaigew 06-07-2007 07:56 PM

Hope I didn't encroach on Linda...I just finally decided to restart the thread because I had been trying for a few hours to post with no luck.

Well, so...I had a really crappy wi. To refresh, I have been completely on plan, and have been exercising...and yeah, down .2. WHAT?! I think I actually said to my leader, who was weighing me, "Excuse me?!" I really think that the scale was off. ARGH! I'm just so annoyed...I really almost thought I was going to cry right there on the scale. She even reweighed me and it was still the same. Next week I'm going to wi on the other scale...last week I was down 1.6 on that one. Sheesh. If it's right, the only thing I can think of is that I didn't eat very many of my fp. I was even weighing out food with my digital scale, trying to not eat junky-snack type foods...trying to stick more to whole foods.

It really is hard not to be like, "Oh screw it...I'm having some cake!" after you've worked your tush off...man, I was 100% sure I was going to have a nice loss.

Newlifestyle 06-07-2007 09:17 PM

Hello all,
Paige thanks for starting the new thread. I too was having trouble posting but I thought it was my computer. Congratulations for staying on plan and exercising.
I totally understand that feeling when you were on plan and thought for sure you had done well and the scale not showing it. That is why sometimes I measure. I am still losing inches.
Erica, I hope your dd sleeps through the night. You need a good night sleep.
I find it more difficult when ds wakes in the night and I don't get a good night sleep, I am more likely to overeat.
Linda, I hope your day went well.
Haylo, I have overused my pedometer, it wouldn't stop. The alarm kept going off. Luckily DH figured out the battery was dying...yeah, so now I can use it again.
Hello everyone else, I hope your day was great.
I want to eat ice cream so I think I should go to bed.
I hope you all have a great night.
Take Care
Ann

TechAlum 06-07-2007 10:16 PM

Hello All,

Ok, I"m having issues posting so this will be short.

Thank"s for the warm welcome. Unfortunately today has been on of those bad emotional eating kind of nights. I did pretty well yesterday (day 1 of my WW week) but today I was pretty Hot, Tired, and Annoyed when I got home so I didn"t feel like cooking. So we ordered in pizza, between the pizza and wine I feel better but my tracker is not happy. Oh well these things happen. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

To all those who posted about their scale woes, this week"s eating is not always a direct connection to this week"s loss. When I did really well years ago on WW I discovered that my weight loss was directly related to my cycle. I would stay on plan 3 weeks a month and stay the same, then pig out the week before TOM and actually lose 3-4 lbs. The key for me became not gaining the other 3 weeks, because it was easy to be discouraged. Sometimes the gain or lack of loss can be due to what you ate in the last 24 hrs, was it beef (that stays with me for a longer time), was it salty, did I drink too much....the issues are endless.

Anyway, I"ll get off my soapbox now.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.

-Tech

derrydaughter 06-08-2007 05:36 AM

Thanks, Paige, for re-posting the thread. Just want to say that if any of you ever feel the need to do that, don't think you are stepping on my toes, it's not my personal property and if it is getting too long for you to post/download, then it's time to begin fresh.
Ann, my day at the lake wasn't exactly what I would call fun. But, our hot water heater is working again and I am thankful we only had to replace a heating element vs. the entire tank - a huge cost savings I would think. Though, I have yet to get the bill.
I did work on my quilting for a bit and get a few things done at the place, like filling my hummingbird feeders and such. The hummingbirds are my "buddies" up there and I love to watch them.
Tracy, stop beating yourself up all the time. You are doing the same thing I was doing for awhile. I still do it, but I don't let it bother me. I weigh myself every day, sometimes two or three times a day. Yet, the only scale I truly can use as my guide is the WW one. Weighing in one day a week, the same time and place and with the exact same clothing (right down to the underwear) is what you must use as your guide. People's weight "flip flops", just like those silly political candidates!
Erica, sorry you are a bit sleep deprived. My own daughter (who still is a night owl) never slept through the night from the time she was an infant until well after she was two, maybe even close to three. I lived her first few years like a zombie. My son, the oldest, never napped from the moment she was born (he was 2 then) so I couldn't just sleep when she napped, as I had to keep a close eye on him. It was really a hard time. When I am overtired, I need more food just like you.
I was glad to stay in control during my quilt group. My quilting is a very social thing and I am usually at meetings at least one day a week. I love it, but there is ALWAYS food. I used to eat something at meetings, but now I seldom do. I don't go there to eat, I go there for my quilting and the company as well. Having healthy snacks with me is helping a bit.
Paige, I'm really proud of you today. I just read what you said to Tracy and I remember awhile ago when I said almost exactly the same thing to you. Ah, my dear, you are now what I might refer to as a "veteran" WW professional! Maybe you too will be a leader one day! You were right on target with your thoughts and advice. I couldn't add a thing.
Paige, I agree with the school events and food thing. It still happens even in high schools. There was a music awards night a few weeks ago with a huge catered spread of gorgeous pastries. It was after suppertime at night and I wondered who "needed" all that food at the hour? Food is everywhere. I went into the bank not long ago and they had "customer appreciation day" and there was coffee, doughnuts, snacks on a big table in the bank lobby. If they appreciate us all that much, who not take the money they spent on all this food and use it to stop going up on the fees they charge. Hmmm.....
Hi Haylo, sorry you were pressed for time and didn't have much to say.
I'm feeling good today, I didn't overeat yesterday but did end up using a few flex points. I will try really hard to be right on program today as we are going to my in laws tomorrow and they are taking us out to dinner. I'm going to suggest we all take a walk on the beach together, as they live near the ocean. Their house also has an indoor pool (can you imagine?) as when they built the house, it was built into the foundation. It's what is called a lap pool, long and narrow. It's heated to 84 degrees. I'm bringing my bathing suit and will hope to get in a swim as well.
Again, Paige, thanks for starting the new thread, anyone really should do it if they feel it's getting too long and I have not. It's OUR thread, not mine.
Paige, I so agree with you on the weigh in. It feels so discouraging to do all that work and have only .2. But, don't give in to that cake and keep going!
Tech, good words of wisdom on weight loss.
I was saying the other day, we have no clue when the scale actually reflects what we are doing. So, if I am totally good all week long and do everything right, will it reflect this week or will it reflect 10 days, 15 days from now? Just keep trying and don't give up, that's all!
Well, gotta go!

derrydaughter 06-08-2007 08:55 AM

Just one more thing.
I slipped on my journaling here as I got just too busy. I'll try again today!
Points allowed: 20

Breakfast:

oatmeal = 2
calorie countdown milk = 1
milk/coffee creamer throughout the day= 1
1/2 grapefruit = 1

Points remaining for the day= 15

No plans for dinner/lunch yet. I have to grocery shop today as it's a long awaited payday. I shall purchase something to cook, maybe fresh fish?
Have a healthy day!

mpaigew 06-08-2007 10:06 AM

Hi all!

So I've been packing all morning as we are going to be leaving in a few hours for our camping trip! I'm quite excited.

Still miffed about yesterday...my scale here still says I'm down about 3lbs. I don't get it?

Anyway...I need to finish getting stuff around. If I don't post again before we leave, I'll be back Sunday night!

EricaL 06-08-2007 03:48 PM

Good Afternoon all,
It's so hot here today. I went up to my friend's farm again today, and planted more tomatoes for her. Yesterday I was there most the day weeding a Lavendar bed, the fragrance was awesome! So that has been my secret weapon for getting back on track. I find that when I'm at her place, I'm not in my own house getting bored and procrastinating, constantly wandering into my pantry looking for something. Plus my friend is super healthy, and I walk into her kitchen at lunch time, she has big bowls of oranges and green apples. Now why aren't those things that appealing at my house? TOM is looming around the corner (at least I hope it is), so I have to be very careful of my cravings and mood levels that affect my eating habits. Hope everyone is gearing up for a great weekend!

derrydaughter 06-08-2007 07:45 PM

Hey guys.
I think this web site is having difficulty. I'm not getting thread notification e-mails and it's very difficult to download and get here for me. Bummer.
Paige, have a great time. Also, each scale is very different. We are told that the WW ones are "callibrated". Right Erica? So, are they always checked each and every day for accuracy?
I have been weighed in at WW, not eaten or drank anything or used the ladies room and have weighed myself immediately before leaving the house (in a 7 minute ride, I can't possibly find a way to gain weight, right?) and my weight has been off from my home scale by about 2 pounds on more than one occasion. I finally figured I just had to go with their scale. Their scale always weighs me about 1 - 2 pounds heavier.
I'm done OK today, but feeling a bit sad. My son is really down in the dumps and I think he might lose his new job. He was so "charged up", oh well.

L.J. 06-09-2007 06:05 AM

Good Morning Everyone!! Well another week has gone by and I did not have a chance to get here.
I did want to mention as well, Linda that the scales are calibrated often.
Scales at home, dr office, grocery store always weigh different. As WW's our success in our weight loss journey is calculated at that scale in getting us to our WW Goal. I have a WW digital scale at home, but ONLY use it as a TEST scale, never to compare it to the scale I officially weigh in on. This TEST scale is there to "see" that I am hopefully going in the right direction. I'll get on it,maybe once during the week, preferably Wednesday morning.
Comparing each scale can make us crazy, well it would me, because I am ALL about the NUMBER on the SCALE.
Speaking of which, I will be going to my meeting today. Today is 3 FULL weeks on Core and I am looking forward to how the numbers will look!! I feel good, and feel it in my clothes, and I have been strickly ON program, not wavering and enjoying every day of it. It really isn't as hard as I thought it would be, as I am such a Flex person. This has been a really good 3 weeks eating wise. We have not had ANY processed food for three weeks. Can't you believe that!!
I sure cant' :D But it's true, and NO 100 calories snack packs of any kind.
My inbetweens have been STRICKLY from the New Core Snack List.
I even had a glass of milk a few times flavored with Strawberry or Vanilla extract...very good I might add!! I also did really well on the WPA, it's Saturday morning and I still have 19 left this week!!That's because most of what I eat, even my sandwiches are all core expect my 1 pt Whole Wheat roll, and I had NO bread this week!!
I will come back later with the results of my weigh in today.
I truely hope everyone is doing well...This is a fast moving board, and it seems I never catch up.

Newlifestyle 06-09-2007 06:24 AM

Good morning all
L.J. what an awesome success being able to be on Core for 3 weeks straight and truly being on core. Yeah you. good luck today.
Linda, I hope you enjoy your weekend and are able to make wise choices. I know when we are visiting others sometimes that is not easy.
Paige have a wonderful time camping. Your DDs will have so much fun and hopefully it will be relaxing.
Erica, way to go helping your friend and in return you are helping you. It is a win win situation. You are getting exercise and enjoying healthy eating. I too find healthy food looks so much better at one friends that at my house.
I don't know why that is. I guess it is that way with children too, they will eat something at someone elses place that they will not eat at home. I hope today goes well.
Tech, I am the same way, there are so many issues. This journey is complicated with so many variables in the equation...It is a fun journey though learning so much about myself and what works for me.
Tracy I hope you are having a great weekend.
Hi Haylo, How are you doing?
Hello to everyone else and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Paige I wanted to tell you the other day I did really well and then I wanted icecream but once I read your post and you had faith in me that I would do well I went to bed because I thought wow if Paige has faith in me I can do it.
Thank you.
Today is a good day so far. I just got of course so anything could happen. I am busy all day so I have planned all meals. When I plan I am usually okay.
Take Care All
Ann

derrydaughter 06-09-2007 06:59 AM

LJ, here is a CORE idea for you... take skim milk, frozen bananas or frozen strawberries and add a few ice cubes and Splenda (if you desire) and put them in the blender. Yummy!!!! You could also add vanilla or chocolate sf/ff pudding mix and then refrigerate or freeze it? I thought of this when I was on CORE and didn't try it yet, but freezing the fruit is good, I think for this. Bananas freeze well, in particular.
Congrats on sticking it out for all this time without 100 calorie packs! I'll bet your food bill was not as expensive without all that stuff included, though fresh/whole foods can be pricey as well.
Tech, I'm glad you are sticking with us! Nice to have you around.
Ann, I hope I am able to make wise choices as well this weekend. My MIL is one of those people who makes "lunch" for everyone and you get it as she chooses to make it, period. If there are sandwiches, she does them for everyone, no questions asked. My husband was never given a choice all through his growing up years about what was served. She'd say something like "we're having turkey sandwiches". You would be given one with her choice of condiments (mayo on BOTH slices of bread - ouch!) and tough luck if you didn't like it, you eat what is served to you, period. In our house, we each select what we want and how it is made. At lunches on weekends, we each select and make our own lunches. But, "when in Rome"....
But, I shall leave this morning with two days left on my tracker and 14 Flex points left. The only meal I have at their house tomorrow is breakfast and I have lunch and supper tonight. As we are going out to dinner, I can order what I want at wherever we go, so I am in some sort of control at that stage. We shall see what happens.
Take care and I'll be back tomorrow!

EricaL 06-09-2007 07:25 AM

Good morning everyone,
L.J.-what an unbelievable 3 weeks you've had! I felt myself feeling envious as I was reading your post. When I did CORE like back in Feb., I was able to be strict, but when I tried it a couple of weeks ago, I failed miserably. Yeah for you! I can't wait to hear about your WI today!

Now, about the scales.... I completely agree with L.J., in fact she put it so well about the "test" scale at home. That's exactly what I do. There is no way that you can compare scales from one to the next. The WW scales are tricky I think. I would hope that there aren't any old non-digital scales being used anymore at WW meetings, but I believe those are the ones that were being calibrated on a periodic basis. The scales that are being used at the WW meetings, I think, are very accurate. There are two used at our meetings. And this week, before people came to get weighed in, I weighed myself on both, to make sure that they said the same thing so that there wouldn't be any "scale hoppers". If one week your home scales and your WW meeting scales are the same, well great, but.... you can not continue to think that your home scales are going to be accurate enough for you to judge your success for the week. Sounds silly to some, I know. But.... you are paying $$$ to step on WW scales, so those, hands down, HAVE to be the ones that measure your success each week, no matter what.
Now, the scales that I have to "travel" with to my own WW meeting that I teach, I think, are less accurate because they are cheaper. I plan to talk to my superviser about this, because it has presented some challenging situations as a leader. For one, the scales that I have to use, will not accomodate someone who is heavier than 300lbs. I HATE the scales I have to bring in, and I'm planning on emailing my supervisor this morning about it. This is just my personal opinion of what could be happening with these scales because this has happened to me at home on my WW scales. When someone heavier steps on the cheaper WW scales, it takes a minute or two to rebalance itself back to zero. For example, at home I stepped on the scales once, and then my two yr. old stepped on the scales right after me, it showed her as being 35 pounds, when I know for a fact that she is 25 pounds. It showed her being heavier because I had just stepped on the scales, they maybe hadn't "zeroed" yet. When there is an "anxious line" at the scales at the meetings, people are stepping on the scales one right after the next, I think this is a very real possibility when the cheaper scales are being used. The cheaper ones are the ones you have to tap on first to get the zeroes before you step on them. Sorry, probably way too much info., but maybe it shed some light on the very sensitive topic of the scales.

Well, much cooler here today, so my eating will be different as compared to yesterday when it was 96 degrees out. Weekends are always, always hard for me.... I will do my best.....

Treighsie 06-09-2007 07:45 AM

Yeah, my scale is *always* lower than the WW one.
Today, my scale says 134 (My LOWEST in years) so I'm hoping my WW one is not much more. My official "goal" is 135 but anything less than 137.1 I don't have to pay for!!!! Wish me luck. I'll let you know.
Yeah, I had a crappy week... but weird, I pretty much "let it go" and just ate... and I lost. Of course, my TOM is almost over, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.
I'm so easily discouraged... I need to stop that. I get depressed so easily, and with no one to talk to it really gets me down.
And then I come on here and since posts directed at me and it makes me smile-- to know someone is thinking of me! THANK YOU!!!! :)
Okay, better go to my wi. Busy day with the kids. I'll check in later.

haylo921 06-09-2007 11:58 AM

hello everyone,
Well yesterday I went to WI I usually go on saturday's but being off of work has freed up some time. Anyways I was down .4 once again not a big loss but at least it is something. Then after all of that I had my whole day planned out and I sabatoged it. I went to go eat hamburger's with some friends and these hamburgers are the furtherest from healthy. Then as if I hadn't had enough we went to go get some frozen yogurt. In the evenining I met up with another friend and we had some beers and then went to go eat mexican food. Totally off plan day, but it's funny b/c I feel like I got it out of my system for the weekend and hopefully I can stay on track over the weekend. I do have a wine party to go to tonight so I am going to try to stay low in points during the day.

Newlifestyle: Okay now it's your turn to motivate me with the pedometer. I have been a little bad with mine this past week as far as using it. So my goal this week is to get moving again. I am glad you were able to fix yours. As a matter of fact I am going to challenge myself today to get 10,000 steps. I think I may go walking around at the mall.

LJ: good luck

treigh: glad we could make you smile. I did a little experiment and didn't excercise as much as I normally do these past couple weeks maybe I should say I hardly excercised and I had small losses, strange thing is even though I had small losess I don't feel as good about myself as I do when I excercise. I too don't show a loss on the scale when I excercise as a matter of fact I show gains. So I am thinking it's because maybe when I increase my excercise I am not eating enough. Just my experiment who knows.