Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 05:27 PM   #1  

Default INFO on DEC 10TH - 12 WK CHALLENGE

On December 10th we will be starting the 3rd 12 Week Challenge. I find it just amazing that this has actually been going on for 6 months!!! This has been for a a terrific tool to check our progress and gain incredible support.

The essence of each 12 Week Challenge - is to help us focus and remotivate ourselves and each other to stay OP and enjoy the process! We key into what's important, what's helping and what's not.

You'll be amazed how by weekly tracking both your progress and each other's - over a three month period - you really get inspired.

And by starting each week with a motivational topic that we all contribute to - it seems to jump start the week.

Specifics - We each check in by posting the week's daily points, challenges, ideas, and weigh-ins . It really helps to monitor ourselves to either solidly maintain our weight... or lose what we've inadvertently gained to get back to - or stay at goal.

YOU ARE ALL WELCOME - whether on Maintainence or in the process of losing (for some of us - it's "again and again").

EXAMPLE:
M -- 23 pts
Tu - 23 pts (earned 3 activity)
W -- 25 - 2 activity = 23 pts
Th - 21 pts (banked 2 and also earned 3 activity pts)
F -- 25 - 2 activity = 23 pts
Sa - 27 - 4 pts (previous 2 activity and 2 activity earned today)
Su - 30 points (yep "slipped a bit" and went over)

WEIGH - IN : 146 (lost .4)

or: sometimes... 147.8 (gained 1.8)

Some of us post this all at once... and others post at the beginning of the week, and edit/add to it as the days pass by.

So all those of you (we don't know who you are but we'd like to) who have been keeping tabs on this thread - come on down and join the "fun". We'd love the support and would love to give it back.

If any of this is unclear or you have a question, - please ask - we'd all be happy to help you out.

Last edited by patch30; 12-04-2001 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2001, 01:21 PM   #2  

OK... here's a sampler...

I'm wondering what's making the difference for you during this pre-holiday week? What activities other than eating can you be doing that can give you equal pleasure and enjoyment?

What stress factors are coming up this week? And how would you like to plan for "handling them"? Is anyone using any of the WW tools? Which ones? And why is it working for you?

How are you handling the holiday gift / party shopping?

Ciao
Patch
Old 12-04-2001, 01:44 PM   #3  

Patch: Thankfully, my evenings are pretty full from now until Christmas so that gives me less time to eat My running program has also undergone a bit of rejuvenation since I joined a Thursday run club, so even if I am eating the odd cookie or having an extra glass of wine, I think the regular exercise is providing some balance.

My biggest challenge for the rest of the month will be filling out my journal faithfully. I am more apt to adopt a moderate approach to eating if I have to write down every morsel. Also, if I do gain weight over the holiday season, I will know exactly why

Challenges this week: Quick trip to in-laws on Friday. I always eat too much when we visit - it seems to be central to everything we do. I will probably overindulge in drinks at the Saturday Christmas party, but I'm willing to take the hit
Old 12-05-2001, 12:15 PM   #4  

I know what you mean Seasaw - as much as I fight it, writing it down just makes me more aware and accountable. Grrrrr.

OK here's the week so far...

Weighed in on Monday, Dec 3rd -- 127.0 (down .6)

I'm trying to add a few more points in to stabilize and maintain this weight. So I'll be allowing myself up to 27 points if I want 'em.

M -- 23 pts (banked 2, earned 7 activity pts)
T --19 pts (banked 6)
W - 36 - 9 bnkd = 27 ----- I've got 6 remaining banked pts avail -----
Th - 18 (earned 2 add'l activity pts + 6 avail = 8)
F -- 27
Sa - 28.5 - 2 = 26.5 (earned 7 actvy pts today + 8 = 15 -2 = 13 still avail.
Su - 33 - 5 = 27

Finished week with activity points still avail (8 pts)

Funny, since I've been so compulsive about losing, it's actually a bit difficult to switch gears without feeling like I'm cheating. Any ideas???

UPDATE --- Well, escape eating and munching were not that far removed - as I thought. Need to be more conscious this coming week. good thing it's WEEK ONE OF THE CHALLENGE.

Last edited by patch30; 12-10-2001 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-10-2001, 12:10 PM   #5  

I'm so ready to do the 12 week challenge. I was at goal in Sept. and now the pounds are creeping up. I really need all the support I can get right now. Can I join?
Thanks,
Dena
Old 12-10-2001, 12:17 PM   #6  

We're thrilled to have ya Dena... and anyone else curious and interested you're more than welcome... I'll be posting week one within the hour today!
Old 12-10-2001, 12:23 PM   #7  

Welcome aboard Dena. You'll find lots of support here, and maybe some tips for getting back on track.

Patch: I know exactly what you mean. To this day I swear I am much better at weight loss than I am at maintenance. Maybe you could add some fruit during the day, or frozen yogurt for dessert in the evening. Still healthy, but definitely adding points to your day.

Didn't journal yesterday due to a wine hangover but I'm on track today.
Old 12-10-2001, 06:49 PM   #8  

Thanks for the warm welcome, Patch and Seasaw. I'll go over to the other thread and post my story.
Thanks Again,
Dena
Closed Thread