Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 12:04 AM   #1  
Getting back on track!

Default Shallow Hal

Hi,

I have heard good and bad about this movie and was just wondering if anyone has seen it and your opinions?

Any other good movies you have seen this week? I saw Harry Potter and liked it a lot and I have some free passes so I want to catch a few more this weekend.

Thanks in advance for your movie reviews

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Setina
Old 11-23-2001, 02:48 AM   #2  

Smile Movies

K-Pax was really good, Kevin Spacy was brilliant . I loved Harry Potter as well.
Old 11-23-2001, 08:20 AM   #3  

Default Spy Games

Saw Spy Games-was good-too bad we all can't age as well as Rob. Redford. There was a scene in Vietnam (war stuff) had trouble relating Brad Pitt to that one. It's a good early matinee movie.
debbie
Old 11-23-2001, 08:28 AM   #4  

Shallow Hal had a important underlying message for people who look on the outside appearance of people. Also it had a humorous side to it seriousness. Everyone that went with my group thought it was good. 2 thumbs up.....ladybugplus
Old 11-23-2001, 04:40 PM   #5  
Is is spring yet??

Setina Belina! - I saw Shallow Hal and it was done very well! I wasn't the least bit offended at all. It is funny - but they are not poking fun at fat people. We laughed and laughed. Go check it out!!

Gosh good movies......I see so many but to be honest not too many new ones have been really good. We liked Monsters, Inc. That was cute!!

The good good ones will be out in December - of course!! I can't wait to see Vanilla Sky and Oceans 11 - they come out 1 week apart! FUN!

Happy movie watching my friend!!

Tara
Old 11-24-2001, 09:08 AM   #6  
Getting back on track!

Thanks Everyone!

Ladybug and Tara-Thanks for the input. I have heard more people agree with your take on the movie. Even Gwyneth in an interview because she said she would not have done the movie if it was making fun of overweight people. That will probably be one I check out.

Debbie-My friend was just talking about Spy Games last night. She said that was a good one too. I wish we could all age as well as Robert and Dick Clark...wonder what their secret is???

Boopgirl-Thanks on Kpax. My husband is dying to see that one so I am glad it was good. I always like Kevin Spacey pretty much anyway. My hubby still hasn't seen Harry Potter so I have to go to the one again.

We were lucky enough to get several free passes so I wanted to use them wisely. With our work schedules we have not been to the movies in forever. I went to see Harry Potter with a girlfriend last weekend and other than that I can't remember the last movie I saw out.

Thanks again for the reviews!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Setina
Old 11-24-2001, 11:33 AM   #7  

I agree, K PAX was good. Also check out Life As A House--REALLY good, Kevin Kline does a really good job. Monsters Inc was really cute, too.
Old 11-26-2001, 02:08 PM   #8  
Rat Terrier Chick

FYI, the overweight actress who was the stand-in (body-double) for Gwyneth recently auditioned for the part of Cass in the upcoming movie about Cass Elliot (of the Mamas and the Papas) and SHE WON this lead part! I saw this on ET a couple of weeks ago. Congrats to her!
Closed Thread