Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:02 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

I would like to know what an HHA 6 day slimdown is, too. I just sampled wedding cake- a critical component to the whole wedding thing! I just want you all to know it was horrible, terrible and just plain awful

Actually, it was awesome and THANK GOD! because if I had to keep "testing" it was gonna get ugly!

I'll probably be walking for the rest of my life but we selected two- a Bailey's Irish Cream cake and a cake with Chambourd and fresh raspberries- so at least it was worth it!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:59 AM   #92  

I do hope the cake was worth it, Lafayette.
You know, I do find other desserts more pleasing than cake, unless they are homemade cakes. Bakery cakes don't seem worth it to me, unless they come from some amazing place. Generally ones that are grocery store bakeries are easy to pass up on for me.
By the way, my WW leader shared a recipe for a chocolate peanut butter pie that is 2 points for 1/8th of the pie yesterday. I can't wait to try it!
Also, I lost .2 yesterday. That was really a bummer. I was hoping for me.
But, I am not giving up.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:22 AM   #93  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Linda dont lose heart... You are only 14 itty bitty lil pounds away from goal. You have done so well to get this far. You knew as you got closer and closer it would get harder and harder.

Time to plan for the head-games babes. The what to do's when discouragement or any other negative feeling tries to rear its ugly head.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #94  

The cake was worth it- I am resisting the urge to try other bakeries! I have been holding my weight steady by balancing all these "tastings" and engagement parties with salads and other healthy stuff. I swear, I could have easily gained another 20 lbs since we got engaged!

The tastings are now over and it's just the sprint to the finish. I want to look good in time for my birthday in June and great in time for my wedding next March.

That pie sounds awesome, though! You'll have to let me know how it turns out! I can't wait to be more than half way to my goal! Keep going, Linda! You're doing great!
Old 05-09-2007, 07:11 PM   #95  

Thanks Sassy and Lafayette.
I'm feeling really low this evening. I chose the wrong foods when I ate out today, but maybe it could have been lots worse? I have to look up on Dottie's Weight Loss Zone points values for Panera bread. Maybe I didn't consume as man points as I think I did? It's so hard to tell when you eat out at places that are not "Weight Watcher Friendly" in terms of being in their food companions and posting calorie/fiber/fats. I think we, as consumers, need to be more outpouring with requests. It is only fair, if you think about it that whenever we buy an item in the grocery store we get legalized serving size and calorie type of information. If a restaurant is a chain type of place and large/well known, I think they have an obligation to us all.
At any rate, I am really low today and it has more to do with visiting the cemetery to plant flowers for Mother's Day at my mom's grave vs. what I ate, but I truly didn't do well.
I came home to the chocolate in the cabinet.
Oh well, another day and I know I will get back in the saddle again tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:20 PM   #96  

Hey, just a quick note! I feel a bit better as I checked Dottie's site and found out the my food choices were nowhere near as bad as I thought. Whew. It was still a high emotional and sad day, but I didn't blow it as badly as I thought I did.
By the way, if you have a Panera bread near you and ever go there, the French Onion Soup is only 1.5 points per serving, that was an outstanding find as when I was journalling it I gave it 5 points, as I just didn't know what to count it for. I also counted the croutons and Parmesan that was shredded on top. I gave the Parmesan 2 points, but truly could have given it 1 point, who knows? I gave the croutons 2 points as well, and I'd rather be safe than sorry with this. Those items were not on their listing. I was so pleased to find the soup there, though, as I had truly given it more points. I had a slice of whole grain baguette with it and had given that 4 points on my journal and they say it's 2.5, a big difference. So, I just erased 5 of the flex points that I thought I had used! Whew!
Old 05-09-2007, 09:06 PM   #97  

I'm glad you didn't do as bad as you thought. I'm sorry to hear you were sad today. I hope wonderful memories are the cause of your sadness and a source of hope. Take care! I'll be thinking of you tonight and I'm sending you a big hug right now!
Old 05-10-2007, 05:17 AM   #98  

Thanks, Lafayette. It's a hard thing to deal with the loss of both parents within 4 months of each other. A day like yesterday just brings it all back.
But, today, I am ready to fully get back on track, accepting the reality that exists in my life and moving on a bit.
I shall try very hard to plan ahead, stay on track and maybe do some form of exercise. Though, it is already hot in here from yesterday and when it gets really hot, I'm not good at exercise. I'll find any excuse.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:31 AM   #99  
Canada Eh!

S/C/G: 195/moving down/147

Height: 5'7"

Hi All! Man has it been busy again. I come back in here and you all have been so devoted to posting. I came home last night, ate dinner and then promptly fell asleep on the couch. I got my butt up and then went to bed at 9:00! I feel refreshed this morning though! I do think I need to take some iron or something as I am constantly tired (regardless of it just being past the TOM).

I found my old weigh in book from WW last year and according to the what I started with last year I have officially lost 20 pounds! No wonder I looked liike a tank at my daugther's graduation! I am so proud of myself. I got right back on track after the East Indian affair on Monday and the scale is showing it. I know that water is the key....Water...water....water!!!!!! I makes a load of difference in how my skin feels and how my body works, and yes I mean "poop" ladies! (hee hee). Seriously, not enough water and it can be a real struggle for people keeping their systems normal. I had one day where I didn't have enough water and boy could I tell the next day! Let's just say things didn't come out the way they normall do! *blusing* --

Linda... HUGE HUGS for you my dear. I know what it's like to lose a parent, never mind both within such a short time. I too hope that it has been good memories that you are remembering. This weekend will be hard for you that is for sure. Know that your mom will be with you in spirit. (My dad passed away and I can swear I can smell him some days!)

Lafayette! you are getting married!!!!!! How exciting! You will for sure be a beautiful bride and you are so close to goal!!!! Remember we want to be the first to see some pictures!!! So Lafayette, words of wisdom? What's the biggest thing you learned on your weight loss journey?

Sassy you have been doing so great! You encourage me! I so want to be down to where you are right NOW darnit! I know it takes time, but knowing that there are people that do do it help! Any pitfalls? any recommendations to keep on track?

Sask...Vancouver! I am so jealous! mind you, Calgary has been incredibly nice -- we have been wearing skirts and shirtsleeves to work in the morning (ok, yesterday was a bit chilly) but most of the week has been HOT HOT HOT! Compared to snow last week we are VERY happy! Have a great weekend! Remember all the great seafood you can find on the coast! Take advantage of that.

Keep up the great work ladies ...and gents if you are lurking! We know you don't have TOM, but you do have the same food struggles that we do!
Old 05-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #100  

Thanks, Elan. I'm "hanging in" I'm awfully sad, and I guess holidays in general will be hard from now on, at least for the next several years.
I'm glad to have people on this web site to kind of pour it out to as I feel like I have to always be "upbeat" and "on" all the time with people I see in my day to day life. It's so hard and there are days when it would be nice if just ONE person who knows me and knows what I have been through says, "Hey, kid, I know you've had a tough year or so, need a hug?" It would be just so nice to be able to have that hug and kind of crumble for a moment and just give in to it?
But, no way, not me. I'm strong, I'm tough, people think I am a ROCK. Oh well. It's just a bad week.
I am glad to report that I did OK eating today, though. I think I could have melted into chocolate or something, but I didn't allow it today. So, for that, I am proud.
I think this weekend may be very difficult for me. So, I shall try very hard to ignore mother's day, try to stay close to family and watch a movie that is a comedy - no sad stuff allowed.
I have ice cream (low fat, don't worry) for dessert this evening and I am going to allow myself 2 flex points this evening and actually have one cup of it instead of the 1/2 cup "serving size". Maybe that will cheer me up a bit?
Take care everyone, I appreciate being here very much.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:41 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Wow - you all got talky since I stopped by at the beginning and said hello!!!!

I actually sat here and read all the posts in this thread. What a great bunch of "losers" we have here. I gained some knowledge, respect and information from my fellow losers.

I had a 1 3/4 gain this week. I knew I felt bloaty this morning but dang. So I pulled out the tracker that I haven't been writing in. Wrote the weekly incentive on the front and started all over again. It's a new week. I'm human and I can forgive myself.

The big weekly incentive for our meeting - I'm capable and I'll leave it at that.

Thanks for being here ladies.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:37 PM   #102  
Canada Eh!

Rose!!! Welcome back to our little "group"! You and everyone are always welcome! I for one appreciate all the wisdom that is passed along and I draw good from every post...so thank you! I love my tracker. One of the things that I have done (where it says things for the "next" week) is I write down my grocery list on there (ok...so maybe it's not what I should be doing...but heck..it's MY tracker!). I find that when I see something to eat that I know would be a good fit, I put it on my grocery list for the next week. That way I am all prepared and I have no excuses not to eat right! That includes those little snacks along the way! I found some Orville "light" snack bag popcorn that works out to ONE (1!!!!!) point for the whole little bag! it's all mine mine mine and I can eat it ALL! (yes...very exciting up here in Canada! hee hee).

Linda...I have been sooooo thinking about you today. After I went to work, I had time to think on the train to head into downtown. I thought of a brilliant idea! Don't skip Mother's Day! Devote mother's day to your mom and also to YOU! For without YOU, she wouldn't have been a mom! Do something special -- like celebrate in a way that your mom would appreciate! Go out for a special dinner....or a walk...or buy yourself your Mom's favorite flower....or get something in her favorite colour...and honor HER. It's a special day and yes, it is painful, but do something that YOU can enjoy also. Know that my thoughts are with you and you know that if I were there I would give you a HUGE CALGARIAN HUG!!!!!! so...for now...the internet {{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}} will have to do! I am so incredibly proud that you are not diving into the chocolate or wallowing -- for tomorrow you would feel even worse! Hang in there and know that there are a whole bunch of us that care and know those yucky feelings. Embrace it and cry if you need to. It's ok you know! And when you've mopped up those tears, celebrate MOM. She'll be watching over you always. I too am the "tough" one. When my dad passed away I was the one that did all the arrangements and dealt with the will and the like while the rest of the family fell apart.

I know that my dad appreciated all that I do and he knows that I miss him. I do celebrate him on Father's day, even though he's been gone for a number of years. It's to honor him. It hurts, but now I remember things with more of a smile and I still have the "shot" of cognac (oh my heavens it's horrid stuff!) in honor of him. Not something I would normally do, but I do say "cheers DAD!" and bottoms up! I am sure he appreciates me cursing through putting awful creepy crawly things on the fishing line also (the odd time I go fishing in his honor).... or the times I attempt to replant things or feed birds in my yard (all things that he used to do, but not something I normally do!)

Keep smiling and know my thoughts are with you (all of you too with the trials and tribulations you all may be going through). So much of this "emotional" stuff is tied into our "eating" stuff. Sometimes we have to embrace it and ride the wave -- but it all works out in the end. TALK TALK TALK my mom says. Get support where you can and never be afraid to ask for help.

k....I'm going to steam some of my veggies now....
Old 05-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

One thought that has been reasonating through my brain today since my meeting and you just brought it to the top again Elan is this. We are a group of strong women. We have spent our lives taking care of other people and being everything to them. We need to start being everything to ourselves first. Taking care of ourselves because therein lies the true happiness and satisfaction in life.

Thanks for the welcome back Elan - have a great night. I'm eating my asparagus over a baked potato for dinner. Much better plan than the fast food jump I was going to make earlier
Old 05-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #104  
Canada Eh!

OHH OHHHH OHHH!!! I forgot to tell you girls!!!!! I had a cooking lesson on the weekend using a whole bunch of different Indian spices! WOW! what an eyeopening experience! I feel rejuvenated and wanting to do some experimenting (especially with veggies to make it really interesting!) Rosegarden...I think it's a great place to start...taking care of ourselves!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:32 PM   #105  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Wow what a great concept,,,taking care of ourselves. It is so foreign to many of us. There are great posts on this site and I enjoy reading them all.
thanks for all the great info
Closed Thread