Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 07:11 AM   #1  

Default Supporting Each Other On Our Weight Loss Journey

It's great to be starting a new thread as the old one was getting too long! Join those of us who have been chatting for awhile and we will help you as you will help us.
This is a great thread, I think many of us are really getting someplace with this and it helps that we are encouraging each other!
We have a group of great people who are posting what is going on in their lives and we are working together. Sometimes I feel like our group is kind of like a mini dose of a WW meeting on a daily basis. We're making it work!
C'mon and join us and we'll help each other. We talk about what works and what doesn't work. We share recipes and we applaud and we sympathize!
Linda
Old 03-29-2007, 07:31 AM   #2  

I agree with Ginny, Paige. I hope the stress monster didn't "get you" as well. I'm also glad, Ginny, that you were able to post. I'm typing this message right now in an e-mail "window" that I can copy, cut and paste into the message box on this web site. I like doing that as I can have the window "open" over top of the web site and type in while I read all of what you guys say and kind of respond to you all, while still seeing what I am responding to.
Ginny, I know you are very busy, but I find myself wondering if you could find a way throughout the rest of the week to attend yet another WW meeting without that woman there? Maybe that would motivate you and as you took a special time out of your schedule to just do this for yourself, you might even get MORE than usual from it? Just a thought. There are meetings at so many places, days and times, perhaps you could?
Ah-ha... I chose to spend one flex point last night and have one of those "giant" (not quite) ice cream cup things that are 2 points. I enjoyed it and ate it slowly. I think it's psychological, at times, that the one point bars are not as satisfying to me, though they are good and they are "big".
I shall try to remember that "perfect" day and what I ate as well. I was hungry during the afternoon and didn't give in to it, just had a few glasses of water and some WW "fruties".
Laura, I guess many companies have special software to prevent employee "surfing" and that kind of thing while they are at work. It's protective, as they are spending their money on you and I guess they have the right to do that. Though, if it's your break or lunchhour, I see no harm in checking in .
Honestly, my cousin is doing e-mail and "chatting" all day while she is at work, it seems. I don't really approve of what she does, but how do I know that she isn't "salaried" and maybe works a ton of overtime she isn't paid for, etc.? She forwards silly cartoons, poems and things like that to me when I know she is at work.
My daughter was sent home from school sick yesterday, she's got a fever today of 101.2 and is pretty miserable. I'm going to take her in for a throat culture as her throat is awfully sore. It's probably strep, she is very susceptible.
I hope to have another perfect day today, but don't have a clue what I am serving for dinner yet tonight. I feel in a danger zone when I don't have a plan, so I'd better go to the freezer and check out what's here.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Copying over my good morning thread as it always seems to get buried in the old threads when we change over

Quote:
Morning - checking in early before the commute. I have real issues some days getting to this site from work. Work must have some features that the site uses blocked. Today is weigh in. Crossing my fingers. I feel good and know I had a pretty good week. I hope it shows a the scale. But if it doesn't, it's okay too because I know I'm on the right track and my everyday well being and feeling is much better this week. Have a great Thursday everybody
Old 03-29-2007, 10:21 AM   #4  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning ladies, I hope you are all well. Sorry I haven't posted I have had the flu, I am feeling much better. I lost 2 pounds yesterday but it will all be water loss I am sure.
Have a great day.

Ann
Old 03-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Laura- Hope your WI goes well...and the scale fairy sprinkles some fairy dust on you! (which, BTW has no weight or points value!) Good luck!

Ann- sorry to hear you have been sick. Continue to drink lots of water, it takes a few days for the flu to really leave your system. Hope you are feeling back to normal!

Linda- thanks for starting the new thread. The previous one was so long, and shorter threads are much easier for the time challenged people like me.
Does your Dd have strep? Not that I am a fan of strep, but at least it is quickly and easily treated. Are you susceptible to it also? (take care of yourself!) Glad you enjoyed that ice cream. It is about being satisfied and perfectly fine to use one of those 35 points. Did you come up with a game plan for dinner? I most likely will not get to another meeting this week- but it is a great idea. Your input made me wonder, how long this individual has "hurt" me at meetings and I was not aware of it. I'll have to ponder on that for awhile. Thanks again for listening.

Gotta go........want to sneak in my kick boxing DVD.
Ginny
Old 03-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #6  

WHOO HOOO!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!! I hit 10% (insert happy, happy dance). This feels absolutely SO GOOD!!!!! I have joined WW so many times and this is the very first time I've hit 10%. How excited can you possibly be over a silly keyring?
Old 03-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #7  

Laura, glad you had a loss and hit that 10%, it's such a great feeling! I have 3 pounds left to lose before I hit mine. I can't believe it's taken me this long, but I know it will be soon. I always get kind jealous when people hit their 10% in seemingly no time at all when I have slaved for ages to get there.
Enjoy that key ring, it's not silly at all. I have one but refuse to use it as I don't feel it's rightful. Soon.....?
Ann, so sorry you have been ill. I know how that can be. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Ginny, I brought DD to the doctor's this morning and she does not have strep. I was kind of disappointed, in a way, as that is a quick fix with antibiotics. She's still pretty sick, though, and her doctor's note says she may not return to school until Monday. She's just laying low for now. I was told it's "the flu".
Ah... dinner plans. DD asked for macaroni and cheese. What she was craving was the kind in the blue box, you all know.... However, I convinced her that I can make a WW recipe that is 8 points for one cup. It is pretty good, I made it once a long time ago. It uses low fat cottage cheese, low fat sour cream, 2% cheddar, skim milk, etc. It's not quite that taste sensation that we all expect as kids, in particular, are conditioned to having that blue box stuff which is really high in sodium and has lots of artificial coloring, etc.
One more thing... Laura, you need to change you signature line to not saying you are holding to find your groove - you've found it! You're doing it! Awesome!
Paige, are you OK?????
Old 03-29-2007, 04:13 PM   #8  

Yeah, I'm ok...I've been reading posts today...I'm just incredibly tired today and have been too lazy to post! (sorry)

I didn't give into the binge yesterday...I did good, actually.

Dh and I are supposed to go grocery shopping tonight, but I am just NOT in the mood. I would give almost anything to curl up in bed and watch TV, but I know if I do I'll have to dds jumping all over me. I don't know what my deal is today...just so out of it!

Check with ya all later...
Old 03-29-2007, 06:12 PM   #9  

Hello everyone,
I am here at my confrence and had some time to log on. I hope all of you are doing well. I have been doing pretty good with my eating I have been eating mostly chicken and brought along low-fat snacks so hopefully I will not see a gain. We went to chick-fil a today and I was so proud of myself because I got the grilled chicken sandwich and not the fried one. I did eat fries (bad) but at least I didn't eat the fried chicken sandwich. We have been doing a lot of walking here so hopefully everything evens out. Anyways, I will check in with you guys again soon.

Last edited by haylo921; 03-29-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #10  

Paige, good girl! I'm glad you managed not to give in to "it". Sorry you are feeling tired and worn. I'm feeling a bit like that too tonight. I hope I am not catching my daughter's lovely illness, that's all we need!
The doctor told her not to return to school until Monday, a good thing, so we all don't need to have alarm clocks set for tomorrow. Maybe I'll get a decent night's sleep and then feel better. I hope you get the rest you need, Paige.
I think it's cute that you and your husband grocery shop together. That is something my husband never does with me. I wish he would, as it would be more enjoyable to have him with me. Does he pick out meals and favorites?
Haylo, so glad you feel that you are doing well at the conference. What is chick-fil? Is it like a Kentucky Fried Chicken type of place? I would have a hard time going somewhere like that. I have low resistance.
Well, it's evening here. We finished dinner and the dishwasher is running. My WW mac'n cheese recipe was good, I'll type it out if anyone wants it. It's from one of their older cookbooks that I have had for about 5 years. Sometimes the oldies are goodies.
I have no points left and have to decide which dessert item I will have. I will have dessert, so it's a question of a one, two or three point item. Chocolate of some kind is "in order".
So, for me, it will be retiring in front of the TV in a little bit. I'm looking forward to it and might just go to bed very early. I have an earache, not really normal for me. Still wondering if I am coming down with what my daughter has. Tomorrow will tell.
Oh yes, even though I had kind of a nutty day, I still had a good day on program. All those tiny boxes on the bottom of my tracker are checked off again, that is always such a positive feeling.
Have a good evening!
Old 03-29-2007, 07:23 PM   #11  

Believe me Linda - I've been at this since the first week of September. It hasn't been an easy quick loss. 6 months for 20 lbs but this time I vowed, it takes as long as it takes - I say it over and over and over. Some weeks I "get it" and others I don't. You'll get yours soon too. I have faith in you.

Paige - congrats on fighting the caving in. Hope your shopping night brings you lots of new and good things to try and enjoy.

Haylo - cool that you stopped by. As my leader says, all changes, big or little are a step in the right direction. Choosing grilled chicken is a great choice.

Ginny - keep us posted on how the alternative meeting time works out. I'm sure you'll appreciate the time away from your "friend".
Old 03-29-2007, 08:42 PM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Laura- I am ecstatic for you !!!!!!! Crummy key ring! NOT! It is the accomplishment of being a 10% er!!!!!!

Paige- glad to hear that your will power held up! How empowering for you that you overcame the urge to go off program! Well, I know shopping is no picnic.......try to envision all the good choices you can make in stocking your kitchen. Must be something in the air here in NY, I just want to curl up and tube out too. Hope you are getting enough rest.

Haylo- you are off to a great start at the conference! Great food choices...may the scale fairy be kind to you when you see her!

Linda- I was kind of hoping for you that your Dd had strep,the quick fix. Drink lots of water....and I mean you......perhaps you can keep yourself from getting it! Rest up.....glad you had a good day OP.

So far my day has been ok. My eating is within program and my diet jello awaits me. Had to attend a wake for a coworker who had pancreatic cancer. That was upsetting, she was a special lady and well loved.
I did get 3 AP's in...got that DVD in and a short walk.

My jello calls...nite!
Ginny
Old 03-30-2007, 05:09 AM   #13  
I <3 Gaby

S/C/G: 107.6kg/89.8kg/58kg

Height: 5'0

Hello ladies!!!! A new thread - a new chance for me to get into it right from the word go, and not forget to visit!

I've had a good day, although I went out for lunch, I still managed to make a 'healthy choice', and with about an hour before I go to bed, I still have points left over... after having a bit of a snack. LOL. My daughter is teething really badly at the moment, got barely ANY sleep last night, so all I wanted to do today was eat, but I restrained myself, and now i feel a lot better for it... Oh, a question - do any of you count walking around the mall/supermarket/etc as exercise????

Ginny - sorry you had to attend the wake of a co-worker... that is never a 'fun' thing to have to do. Sounds like you've had a busy day, but well done sticking to your programme, and even getting some walking in! I have become a huge fan of Jello since i started WW - although over here it's called 'Jelly' lol...

Rosegarden - slow & steady My WW leader said that she thinks it's the best way to stick to your healthy eating once you've reached goal... I have a feeling it's going to take me ages to reach my goal, BUT I don't mind! It is just more time for me to learn more about myself, and to feel even better about myself!

derrydaughter - I hope your'e not getting sick! I've only had one day of being sick while being on WW, but I have a feeling that being sick could be an easy way to go off programme.... that said, I only had like 14 points worth of food on that day...

haylo - chicken is one of my favourite foods to have on WW, because there is so much you can do with it, it's such a versatile food!

ohhh i'm sorry ladies, Gaby is awake & demanding my attention.. I think i might be in for another LONG night...
Old 03-30-2007, 06:38 AM   #14  

Good morning! Up early as I can't sleep - DS leaves for Florida and spring break today. 8 boys and 2 cars driving down. It wouldn't be so bad but I'm letting them take my car. I'll be saying extra prayers for the next 10 days that's for sure. In the past, I would have eaten my way through it but I am learning new alternatives to food. That's what is so great about the WW program.

Hope you all have a great day. Emma, glad to see you here. Looking forward to hearing from everyone else to see how they are doing - Linda, Ann, Paige, Kim, Ginny, Haylo, DJ'smommy and many others who's names are escaping me right now. Chime in. You're our mini meetings and such great incentive. I wouldn't be at 10% today if it weren't for all of you. You get much credit! Now I can look to my next mini goal of 175 (wonder how many years it's been since I've seen that? Could well be over 18 as that's what I was fully pregnant when I had the last son)
Old 03-30-2007, 06:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all-

I have been very busy this week. My daughter and her three sons have strep throat. I have been doing like my leader suggested and eating more points.(ap's and all of my daily points) I am eagar to see what the scale says today at WI. I have not WI this week so it will be a surprise. I had my Sister to take my scale home with her for this week so I could not weigh myself everyday.

Laura- congrats on the 10% .

Sorry I can't address everyone individually at this time but I am in a bit of a hurry.

TTYL,
Janette
Closed Thread