Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 02:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/225

Height: 5' 3"

Default Keeping it a Secret!!!

Hi All,

Just wanted to get this out on here, just letting it out.......I've decided not to tell anyone that I am on WW. It's not that it's a bad thing, it's a good thing, but for some reason this time I really feel that I need to keep it to myself. I feel less pressure. I just tell people I am trying to eat really healthy.
Not to sound negative, but I have found in the past that telling people well hampers my success, sets me up for a fall because I don't think that all people are supportive and some people just don't want to see you succeed.

The other evening at work I had a quick glance at my Point Tracker and a coworker saw me and asked. So I said, I'm on WW but I really would appreciate that you keep it to yourself....she said she would and I believe she has. The only thing is, is that later she talked and yakked about WW and dieting in general, then said to me "Well it's all good in the beginning, anyone can do it for two weeks.......but then you fail".

What she said has been really really bothering me and I can't seem to get it out of my mind. I guess it's because in the past I have failed after a week or two........I guess what I'm trying to say is I just don't need the negative feedback. It's a struggle enough as it is...

I'm still doing quite well and it is the end of Day 5 today....so I'm over the 3 day hump, now need to get by the 3 weeks. They say that something becomes a habit after 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months. I'm partly there if it's true.

Thanks for listening....I just needed to air it out.....it's been on my mind way too much.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #2  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

well, i think that it is that same reason why i come here so much. it is easier to deal with the negativity when i know that there is a place where there are tons of people who are dealing with what I am dealing with, and want me to succeed.

don't let those people get you down, and know that you can come here and get all the support and info you need to be successful.

and ps- i disagree with your coworker. i find that if it is the right diet plan for you and your expectations are reasonable, it gets easier and esaier as time goes by. i like that healthier things really do feel like a habit now. you just have to find what works for you, and poo on everyone else.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #3  
banned

hey

first, welcome

2nd, i totally here you... its kinda what im facing now. i quit awhile ago and for a billion reasons i need to start again. my mom knows i need to do it and offered yto do it w me but wants to go to groups. groups are awesomne ine done it that way tons of times but for some reason, i just cant bring myself to go and am planning to do it at home at least for the time being so i understand the need to keep it to yourself.

as for the neg ppl, tell that woman to buzz off. its none of her business anyway.!
Old 03-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #4  

Hi,

Oh boy, it sure was nice to see that someone had responded to my latest posting. I started to get all teary when I read it over before going to your reply. Now still wiping away some tears. It's really good to know that there is this place that exists where I can come and be heard and basically let it all hang out......fat and all my issues with food. I'm really focused about some of these issues and am trying to deal with them and so far have won a few battles but I know there are a few more to go.

Again futurepixie (already a pixie....good weight loss numbers....congrats) thanks again for being out here. Catch up to you later. Have a great day, and hope you meet all your mini goals for the days....You go girl!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 01:25 PM   #5  

Hi Andrea,
Congrats on joining. I know the meetings can be a total bore, snooze fest and really all you want is the numbers, the numbers on the scale...that is indeed the real motivator. I am coming up to my first weigh in on Saturday, and my challenge and goal is to stay at the meeting. I much prefer coming here and talking as well, but it's a mini goal for me.
It's awful that we have to hide our food issues whether good or bad. When we are overeating, we hide that as best we can from others and when we change our habits towards a healthier lifestyle we hide that as well. It's too bad that we can't simply celebrate and love ourselves whether overweight or healthy weight. Hopefully we can change that bit by bit in ourselves. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 167/167/125

Height: 5'0

two weeks and fail? yeah mabey that's her experience, but it dosen't have to be yours, and it won't be. she obviously has no idea.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:49 PM   #7  

Default How very true.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDoc View Post
two weeks and fail? yeah mabey that's her experience, but it dosen't have to be yours, and it won't be. she obviously has no idea.
I never thought of it in those terms, that that was her experience, her failure. Wow, thanks....that is really a great point. That was her failure....not mine.

Yahoo...I really like that.

Again thanks
Old 03-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #8  
banned

hey inh

thanks- i actually wasnt planning on renewing my membership for now anyway future may tell a diff story. its not bc i hate meetings my lady rocks and shes not boring but to be honest i dunno whats holding me bk but i know something is-it may be bc even w/o weighing i pretty much regained almost all of my wt and have to start ovewr and feel tremendous shame and embarassment. i remember my very first meeting-i felt like the largest person in the room and i hated that feeling

gl at your wi! i plan on using sat's too after my initial monday start.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/177/150

Height: 5'10

I havent told anyone either. I just want people to see the diffrence, instead of expecting the diffrence. I feel good. Im sure you do too!
Old 03-15-2007, 09:32 PM   #10  
banned

thanks oh so sweet....its nice having ppl that 'get' it
Old 03-15-2007, 09:51 PM   #11  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi, INHTSE and welcome to the forum.
I rejoined WW last August and didn't tell any one at first that I had joined. It's funny how people sometimes sabotage things for you without really trying. Or maybe we allow them to by believing what they tell us about their past failures. Maybe they have tried and failed because they just didn't stick with it. This does not have to be you. Be determined, it does get easier as time goes by. Our WW meetings are so exciting because our leader makes it that way. Then again there is so much support here on 3FC's. Keep posting.

Denise
Old 03-16-2007, 02:43 AM   #12  

Hi Gang,

Just got home from work and am looking at all the posts. At least it's not a secret here. People at work (all women) keep commenting on my meals in the past week. It's not like I was a hog before but there's no more bread (my biggest weakness), no more cheese (my second biggest weakness) and fruit for dessert.
Okay as childish as this may sound, it's getting kinda fun......no one knows....only you guys!!! My roomate doesn't even know!!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 02:50 AM   #13  

Default Hi Andrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaphilip3 View Post
hey inh

thanks- i actually wasnt planning on renewing my membership for now anyway future may tell a diff story. its not bc i hate meetings my lady rocks and shes not boring but to be honest i dunno whats holding me bk but i know something is-it may be bc even w/o weighing i pretty much regained almost all of my wt and have to start ovewr and feel tremendous shame and embarassment. i remember my very first meeting-i felt like the largest person in the room and i hated that feeling

gl at your wi! i plan on using sat's too after my initial monday start.
Thanks for the welcome to 3FC and what seems like the 8th or 9th time I've joined WW. I understand what you are saying about shame and embarassment. I stood in line last week and looked around and I was without a doubt the heaviest person there.......and to add insult to injury outside the door is a big WW sign, which would be okay in itself, but beside there is a Starbucks and another cafe with outdoor seating. My meeting is on Sat at 9:00 a.m. just when everyone is sitting with their paper and latte at the outside cafes...........

But I'll tell you something for certain this Saturday when I weigh in.......and after I stay at the meeting....oh ya...there's gonna be a celebration at Starbucks. Tall non-fat latte with a Splenda and a biscotti. Oh ya.....just watch me.....lolol.....(inner voice now saying "god I hope I've lost some weight')

So listen, hang in there, hang with us here.......be good to yourself......
Old 03-16-2007, 02:52 AM   #14  

Default So well put.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh So Swish View Post
I havent told anyone either. I just want people to see the diffrence, instead of expecting the diffrence. I feel good. Im sure you do too!
"instead of expecting the difference"......yes there is that feeling you are under a microscope one "The Secret" is out........it's just an added pressure that I don't need. This is hard enough, and I really have to focus and use alot of inner strength.

Thanks for the kind words.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:01 AM   #15  
always evolving

S/C/G: 160/160/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm new here and I joined because this is the place I want to be upfront about how much my weight is bothering me. I am very much keeping it a secret in my everyday life. I won't say it bothers me, so I certainly won't tell people I'm trying to lose weight!

Have fun with your secret weight loss! It will feel great to get to that first latte!
Closed Thread