Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 03:01 PM   #16  
si, si signora

Laurel: DP hates diamonds and does not understand them. Inherited a couple of big ones from gp and gave them to me. Haven't had time to resize or redo them, so they languish in a safe deposit box. I wear a lapis/gold band with a lapis/gold ring that is not exactly funky, but it fits the bill. DP has the same band, no other ring. I was gonna buy her a new ring for the 10th, probably a cartier rolling (trinity) ring, but I got her a new kayak instead.

So, should you buy yourself a diamond? Hmm. Probably not a solitaire, but why not an anniversary ring? How about if you split it with him? Its simple, tasteful and would look great with your band, which personally I think shows the mark of a great marriage.

All my married friends, of the traditional variety , have mondo diamond rings. They are all successful lawyers,etc with sucessful husbands and large bank accounts. I learned a few years ago, I can't compete. I would drive myself crazy.

Flowers: hmm. Nothing at work since the first few years and we used to always bring flowers to the airport. But since we either travel together or are gone so much, it was getting spendy.

sorry about the bp. I think its interesting that it may be linked to your cycle.

Kt: sorry about your wi. I know how this is. Any thoughts about must sees in MKE? I am very excited and know that come spring, I'll be in Madison and would love to have a lf/low point lunch!

and I'm excited for all the Natural Ovens products I'm bringing home. Can't get them here.

So, if you made it all the way down here. I lost another 1.2 lbs, bringing me back under my 10% and only 13 lbs away from goal.

Woo hoo.

lala
Old 10-18-2001, 03:35 PM   #17  
LM

lala whoo HOO indeed! you go girl. Good thing you're not wearing the big rock, would weigh too much. GO LALA GO!!!

am I allowed to ask what gp stands for?

have a mountain of paperwork here...so what else can we talk about?????

Seasaw are you still ailing, you poor thing?
Old 10-18-2001, 03:43 PM   #18  
si, si signora

gp=grand parent

so, the big rock belonged to stepgrandma who was a bitty thing with a size 4 finger, like my 7 yo goddaughter's finger size.

sheesh. I'm looking at putting a sapphire on each side and calling it art, but about 2000 bucks worth of art, its something I should be saving for.

thanks!

now, get back to work. I am making pretty pictures for my demo next week. I just learned that I am giving another presentation to the staff of the marine sanctuaries program in DC to get some funding. fun stuff, good thing we have some stuff canned.

yikeser.

lala
Old 10-19-2001, 01:01 PM   #19  

Hey gals - I've been pretty snowed under all week and am going away for the weekend (yipee!) - without hubby. A visions retreat.

Katie, Laurel Perhaps I'll get there (e.g. when will he buy me something different - but for now I still loooove the jewelry. Our 3rd is coming up mid November and I'm clueless what to get him. Need to keep it under $50, but am stumped. Maybe this weekend I'll get a "vision" heh heh.

Lala diamonds and saphires... you're making me drool babe. One thing my sister-in-law did was take her grandmother's dimond ring and change it into a beautiful dimond necklace. Just having that carat standing alone is lovely.

and yes Lala I managed to read all the way down to discover you lost 1.2 lbs.

go Lala go
Old 10-19-2001, 02:58 PM   #20  
si, si signora

Hi all. Really not motivated today and even fear is not motivating me. Maybe lunch will.

So, I hope seesawis feeling better.

Laurel: the luneburg pudding/sausage thing was not a success in our house. I think the dog and cat may enjoy it as a treat.

Patch: what kind of retreat is this? Sounds v. inspirational. You can get all sorts of cool stuff for under 50 bucks. I do not suggest going to home depot!

Melissa must be on vacation, though she was v. secretive of where she was going.

kt must have to day off.

So, went to the gym this am for a leisurely bike ride. I may go again tonight depending on my stress level.

I'm putting together a bunch of presentations and feel very bored. It feels like we haven't done crucial enough work to make some of these projects feasible and web pages are getting harder and harder to create these days.

I found a WW meeting in DC, so I'll go WI next week. I am finding staying for meetings to be pretty inspirational, so maybe I'll even stay and see what meetings are like there. I'm also hoping the weather stays moderate. I'm going to see a friend and her new baby and catch the henry moore exhibit at the corcoran. Should be fun.

okay, back to work.
Old 10-19-2001, 10:16 PM   #21  
LM

lala that's the beauty of a worm bed. they love to eat, even lungebunge pudding and low salt pasta-veg "goolop".

patch I read somewhere about the trying on of your old pants. Well today I was wearing a nice belt my mother gave me a few years ago. Problem is, it's too big, no holes left .... ...and I mentioned to a friend that this very belt never used to fit. In fact I was pretty embarassed when mom gave to me because I could barely get it around me. So, tonight I decided I had to get out the old size 14 (i'm 5'0" girls, please remember) pants that used to be soooo tight across the hips and bottom. Children, I kid you not when I say that I pull them on and off without unzipping or unbuttoning. They won't even stay on across the hips. I haven't tried those babies on in a long time. What an incredible feeling. Like one of those classic before and after pix.

Can we all join together in a communual WHOO-HOO for all of us!!! We really do rock, come to think of it!!!!!
Old 10-20-2001, 12:23 PM   #22  
si, si signora

HI all-

Laurel, I'm thinking worms, but then I'm thinking rats. Hmm.
I don't know, I have lots of lovely coffee grounds and newspapers and veggies that they would love. Maybe next year.

Good on ya and the pants. I really hated finally going to buy clothes and realizing that I had to buy a 14 dress too. Yikes. I'm back down to the 8-10 range depending, but I could be much happier in a 4-6. Like I said, I have my 1991 pants waiting for me in the closet.

So, the evil dog and person that stayed with us emailed us on thursday to say his dog did indeed have kennel cough when he finally took him to the vet. Well, Jacques is vaccinated against it, but still came down with it. A trip to the emergency vet last night and lots of antibiotics and cough suppresant was in the cards. Anyhoo, we're monitoring him and hopefully he'll remain stable. If not, I'm staying home until wednesday, but have to be in DC on Thursday. Poor guy and I'm half tempted to send this jerk an email.

So, off to the market and to glean the community garden for the food bank. Gotta go finish up the work I thought I would be doing last night, but the vet took precedence.

have a fun weekend all.

lala
Old 10-21-2001, 09:02 AM   #23  
LM

lala I haven't had any trouble with wildlife in the worm bed over the past several years of its existence. The occasional squirrel adding to the bed by burying acorns. Maybe once or twice, a cat or a raccoon might have dug a little, but mostly it is untouched. The bed is made of cinder blocks and filled with horse manure and autumn leaves about 18" high. I dig a hole to the bottom of the bed and bury the glop and cover it every time (rotating holes). It's lovely, no smell usually unless I uncover something really rank and that dissipates rapidly. And I throw everything in there including meat scraps and other typical "no-nos" for the compost pile (I always used to throw everything into the compost pile too - now it's just weeds etc in the compost pile) We love our wormies.

Hope darling Jacques is feeling better soon! Is he a French bassett? I think you should send the jerk a BILL!!!

Okay peoples, gotta get presentable for the day ahead. Must bring plants in off the porch before the frost gets 'em.
Closed Thread