Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 11:34 PM   #1  

Default More about the new material ;)

So WW used to give me 22 points a day. I'm 20 years old and I was losing doing that

However, now using the new material and that survey thing you have to fill out, i realized my daily goal now went UP to 28 points a day! Plus that 35 per week as a bank! I really should be thinking "JACKPOT!!", right? But...

I'm thinking of just sticking to 22 per day and disregarding the whole new material-- i cant really afford to buy new books especially during the christmas season, and the new slider wont fit in my purse! why fix something that's not broken, you know?

The old stuff was working, but I am a meetings-goer and I want to be able to keep up to date and be vocal during the meetings. What should i do? I really don't want to do 28 per day and mess up what I've been doing.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:59 AM   #2  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

You might be surprised if you do go up in points. I went from 26 pts. on the old system, and now have 31 pts with the new. That's 5 extra a day. I had been losing pretty well with the old points. It made me nervous, but my leader encouraged us to try it for at least two weeks before we freak out. So for the past week I've been eating the higher amount of points, and about 20 of my flexpoints. I lost more at WI this week than usual. Out of the group of us that were worried about going up in points, most lost the same or more than usual. A couple went up, and a couple maintained. You might want to try it for a couple of weeks. If you don't lose you can always go back to the old points system.
As far as the new material. It's not that different for flex. My suggestion is to keep going to meetings, get the new information. I really like some of the food suggestions and recipes that are in the new booklets, but I'm going to keep the old booklets too. You can keep using the old point slider and the old points books. The way to calculate food points hasn't changed, so the information is the same. They've added a few places to the dining out guide, but it's not necessary to buy the new one. We looked through them and I don't eat at those places anyways, so I didn't buy one.
Hope this helps. Change is hard, but give it a chance. You can always go back to the old way. This is just my opinion. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2006, 08:08 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6''

I also wanted to say that you don't have to buy any of the new materials. The points are still the same for foods (unless their nutritional info has changed). So, you old books and old slider can still be used with the new program. I don't like the new slider either, so I am going to stick with my old one.

Good luck!
Old 12-22-2006, 10:53 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine1128 View Post
I'm thinking of just sticking to 22 per day and disregarding the whole new material-- i cant really afford to buy new books especially during the christmas season, and the new slider wont fit in my purse! why fix something that's not broken, you know?
Because W/W spent dollars and found that the changes were needed. Why would you pay for a program and then not use it? These changes are based and a couple of years of testing them and they work. Why not try them?
Old 12-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #5  
banned

yeah you casn always use old book to try the higher points i could never do 22 a day. i cant even do 29...thank god for core!!
Old 12-22-2006, 02:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/181/130

Height: 5'2

Is anyone doing ww online? Have the points changed online? I'm doing online, but I haven't noticed a change.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:28 PM   #7  
banned

id never do online...
Old 12-22-2006, 05:50 PM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

You are right Kelly! WW does do research and studies that influence the changes they make. A lot of people were reluctant to try Core when it first came out but my leader suggested that we try it out for two or three weeks to test drive it.

Some people really liked Core but it didn't appeal to others. You don't know until you try.

I guess the same thing could be said for WW on-line, some people prefer it to going to meetings as it works better for their lifestyle or sometimes there are no meetings where they are so it's what is available to them. One of my friends loves WW on-line whereas I prefer the meetings. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:49 PM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleminer View Post
Is anyone doing ww online? Have the points changed online? I'm doing online, but I haven't noticed a change.
Yes just like meetings it changed. All you do is take the quiz under THE PLAN
Old 12-22-2006, 10:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/181/130

Height: 5'2

Thanks!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 11:19 PM   #11  

Thanks for the responses! I really appreciate the feedback-- Id just like to clear up something that may have been miscommunicated by me-- I said, as quoted by kelly S, that I cant afford the new materials and i was thinking of disregarding them-- I did not mean that I would stop WW and I was not trying to be spiteful or anything-- sorry if i came off that way! I meant that I was considering just sticking to the old stuff and still doing WW and paying for the weekly meetings and everything, but keeping my points at 22. After hearing your responses though, I'm considering doing 28 per week; you guys are right, I'm sure that WW did do years of research and put a lot of money into their updates-- I dont doubt that what they are doing will work. I just observe that the old plan worked for many many people and lead WW to be the top dieting program in the nation. When I asked "why fix something thats not broken?" I asked that because after so many success stories, I'm curious as to why they updated their stuff, especially with the flex plan. Were there problems with the old material, or did they just decide this was more healthy/effective?

I really appreciate and certainly take your responses to heart!

Happy holidays everyone!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:41 AM   #12  

Height: 5'3

It doesn't hurt to try the new way I'd say..but mine didn't change much..only by 1 pt... Good luck!
Old 12-26-2006, 04:02 PM   #13  

You should at least try the new plan. WW is in the business to make money so they aren't going to do something to intefer with weight loss. You only need to attend 1 meeting to get the stuff.
Closed Thread