Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 10-05-2006, 09:10 AM   #31  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!

Today was day 2 of waking up early and exercising. I'm a bit tired but better than yesterday. I did a cardio workout (Taebo Cardio) which was interesting and I had never did it before. Someone gave it to me a while back. I actually thought it was quite a bit easier than the cardio workouts that I have been doing but I was sweating. Also, I have a doc appt this afternoon and I packed a gym back to go to the gym after the doc appt. I plan to do a LBWO if I have enough energy
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:43 AM   #32  

2FRU - good luck on eating well with company. Don't let them lead you astray.

NELIE - Half the battle of getting to exercise is being prepared, sounds like you are doing it.

I have been walking all over the city yesterday and today and plan to continue. I still am feeling the afteraffects of the yoga, and will do some tonight as well.

We are all home tonight so I am going to be able to make dinner for the three of us. I am going to try the soy noodles, they are fresh in the dairy section with the tofu, not sure how they will be but anything with fresh tomato sauce should be good.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #33  

Hi LWL,

No workout today. I had a meeting with my lawyer to discuss the meeting with XH and his lawyer next monday. left me extremely tired. Funny how worriiing wears you out.

Also, I will not be able to go to the gym for my yoga and power class tomorrow, as I have to be at home for a delivery. As I was griping about that, DS said: then you just do it at home, and of course the boy is totally right, so i plan now to do power firsat and yoga after, at home.

I ordered 2 new DVDs, one yoga and one with the stability ball to occupy myself & DD over the next weekends. Gives her ome much needed opportunity to limber up, and gives me some much needed excercise.

AND, big breakthrough.... drummroll please...I have noticed last wednesday that I now actually do NOT think anymore in terms of on which days i have workouts, but "on tuesday and thursday I have NO workout". Small step, but a tremendous shift in perspective! I'm working on keeping it that way. Now for the magic moment where i remember in the kmiddle of the afternoon NOT to go for the sweet stuff...

have a grea day all,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:47 PM   #34  
Just Me

I feel a bit insane After work, I went to the gym. I did a leg workout. Although I have been doing BFL style workouts, I decided to mix it up a bit. I tried doing some slow reps in my last set. I also did some squats on a bosu ball. I was shaking and everything. I then did 20 minutes on the elliptical. So I had an hour total of working out plus 40 minutes from this morning.

I also went to the doctor today to discuss my knee problem that hasn't gone away. He says I have patello-femoral syndrome. Basically, my knee cap hurts and it is out of whack. He gave me a better anti-inflammatory than ibuprofen and I will be going to physical therapy. I told him about my weight training which he liked. Hopefully my knee will get better as I don't want to go the surgery route.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:28 PM   #35  
Mel

nelie- do you do many hamstring exercises? One of the causes of patello-femoral syndrome is an overdeveloped quad muscle and underdeveloped hamstring. It's a common complaint among runners who don't crosstrain.

I feel sore and beat up today. Tuesday's chest workout is now making itself known. Each year I try to do my age in pushups, but I'm getting so old that I have to do it at the beginning of my chest workout. I finally remembered to do that on Tuesday. I cranked 'em out pretty quick through the 40's, and eeked out the ones in the fifties. I'm not having any more birthdays! After that I did my standard slightly insane chest workout. Later in the afternoon, it was trainer goof-off time. One of the younger ones (very young hunk) competes in strong man contests. The last part of the competition is how many reps can you benchpress at 60% of bodyweight for women or 80% of bodyweight for men. So we all tried. I got 24, my boss got 36, but I swear I could have beaten him if I hadn't done the bleepin pushups! Of course, he did a chest workout that day, too. Today was back day. I think I need to re-arrange my split to get a light day or a cardio only day in the middle of the week. Anybody who has read this far is most likely bored to tears! Get a life, folks

Food is eh- never great when I'm this tired. Cardio only tomorrow so it will seem like a rest

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:51 AM   #36  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

[QUOTE=Mel;1429557]Each year I try to do my age in pushups, but I'm getting so old that I have to do it at the beginning of my chest workout. I cranked 'em out pretty quick through the 40's, and eeked out the ones in the fifties. I'm not having any more birthdays! The last part of the competition is how many reps can you benchpress at 60% of bodyweight for women or 80% of bodyweight for men. I got 24, my boss got 36, but I swear I could have beaten him if I hadn't done the bleepin pushups!

Mel, you are my hero!!!! I think eeking out over fifty pushups is just fantastic!! One day....I'll be able to say that too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Oh, and Mel, I did read your entire post and still have a life.

Last edited by Lydia227; 10-06-2006 at 09:44 AM.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:01 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

I agree Mel - over 50 pushups - you inspire me, too. I'm just trying to catch up with my kid's quantity. When they got in trouble for minor offenses they had to do pushups for punishment - now they are up to 30 or more, just for fun. They haven't had to do any lately --mmmm, what's up with that? Are they really angels, or getting better at not letting us figure it out?
softballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:04 AM   #38  

Running around getting ready to go camping and hiking this weekend in the White Mountains, it will be so much fun and I am really looking forward to it.

NELIE - You are really the workout queen or maybe it is the wedding kicking in. Sounds like you have a good plan for dealing with your knee, plus losing the pounds must help.

MEL - I do the best on those weeks where Wednesday is cardio only. I somehow use it to coast the rest of the week I guess. Not bored at all, totally impressed, I don't think I could do the push ups for the age of my goddaughter, not two until February.

SOFTBALLMOM - Your kids doing pushups for punishment, my DH did them for money from his dad, ex marine. That was amusing. We did laps around the house - outside - there were four of us and my parents always felt we were misbehaving because we had too much tied up inside, probably right. I still send DD to run up and down the street when she is acting out.

The scale is looking good this morning, almost at 195.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #39  
Just Me

Mel - Actually I know my hamstrings are weaker than my quads! I used to not work my hamstrings out as much but I have been trying to make sure I do. Last night I did the hamstring curl/press machine/whatever it is and then I did deadlifts.

Liza - I wish I was the workout queen

This morning I didn't exercise as I had to fast for a blood test. I meant to pack a gym bag so that I could go to the gym right after work but I forgot. Doesn't matter as I have to pass by my apartment to get to the gym anyway.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:22 AM   #40  
Headbanger

S/C/G: 225/218/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone I would like to join in with the group if that is OK. I am a LWL, it is actually my favorite part of working out.
RockerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #41  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerGirl View Post
I am a LWL, it is actually my favorite part of working out.
Welcome RockerGirl!!! Isn't just awesome to be a LWL?! It really is my favorite part of my workout too. How long have you been lifting? Are you also a musician? Love the guitarist on your post!
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:52 AM   #42  

Hi LWL,

Bright & sunny day here! I needed that, yesterday was very rainy, not fun at all. I did not work out as well, since I had some stomach bug that made me feel lousy.
Today is better, and i have a DVD lined up to do with DD.

Mel - congratulationson your birthday!! And i think doing your age in pushups is awesome!. I cannot do much over 10, I'm trying to get there.

Have a good weekend all of you,

Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote