Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-08-2006, 09:12 AM   #31  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Ok, so I'm ready to post my "yesterday summary" with you guys

I ate really clean and not too much at all. I drank Red Bull (sugar free ) and erm... couldn't sleep very well But I got a GREAT workout in! I was actually PROPERLY fighting with the guys. I was getting hugged all over the place! I got my first fat lip! Some geezer nutted me, then proceded to hit me in the EXACT spot that he nutted me in! Oh well, it's not bad - I just look a little Angelina Jolie Who needs collagen? I got dragged into a corner by my instructor which just makes me laugh since he basically picks me up and carries me to the corner so we can beat on each other closely! I love being picked up! It makes me laugh so much since it reminds me that I'm a LOT lighter than I was! So here I am giggling away whilst being dragged around the dojo, then he puts me in the corner with his kit bag and I'm standing on all his stuff but I'm still beating him up! Then at the end of the class I realise I stood on a buckle or something on his bag and I've got a massive bruise on the sole of my foot! What a bully!

In the ladies class we had to do 20 seconds bag-work. Basically we were supposed to go all out. Everyone was just lightly hitting it and not making it move and not really going very fast. Then I got my 20 seconds and I'm bending the bag into the wall, breathing loudly, spitting everywhere, sweat flying and everyone just stares I'm officially scary now!

So I had a really enjoyable lesson last night!

Tomorrow is grading, but mine has been postponed to Tuesday because the other guy who is supposed to be throwing me on the floor, and I'm supposed to be throwing, can't make it on Saturday, so we are grading together on Tuesday. However I'm going to go and help out on Saturday and put the fear of God into the little children who are grading. I get to spar with them I might even get to be examiner for some.

Today I'm eating really clean too! I've had quite a large-ish lunch since I plan a full body workout, yoga, then an hour and a half of kickboxing!!!! It's a different kickboxing club than I usually go to. I figure I'd just go and have a look and see what it's about...

Some little wedding things are getting sorted out. I have to go to the florist tomorrow and I REALLY can't be bothered! I'm thinking about getting a decent supermarket bunch of flowers and hand-tying them.

Oh yeah, and yesterday lunch I got in some HIIT on the hills!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #32  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Frus - Maybe our DF's are clones of eachother? Anyway my DF said he is going to help me and he told me that if I want to snack that I should drink my protein shakes instead of snacking. Of course nuts and raisins taste much better than my protein shakes. Also I'm almost out of chocolate protein powder.

Yesterday I ate pretty well. For dinner, I made a veggie pizza casserole. I know it doesn't sound all that healthy but it wasn't too bad. Due to all the veggies, it came out a bit watery but still good. Anyway I used whole wheat pasta layered with tomato sauce and a little lf cheese then topped with a bunch of mixed veggies - eggplant, bell peppers, onions, spinach, artichoke hearts, mushrooms and some homemade seitan (wheat protein) then topped with a little more lf cheese. I know something with lf cheese isn't the cleanest thing to eat but I figured it wasn't too bad either. I also served steamed green beans on the side.

For my exercise yesterday, I did 20 minutes of Tai Chi and 20 minutes of yoga. Tonight is legs at the gym.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:59 AM   #33  
aka Superwoman!

lf cheese isn't bad at all - I reckon if you like the stuff and don't eat it ALL the time, then a little clean-ish food ain't gonna rock the boat too much!

WTG with the Tai Chi!

Pledging for the weekend - eating out at Subway only this weekend and NO MATTER WHAT I am NOT having dessert ANYWHERE! I'm going to pack healthy picnic stuff to eat when I'm REALLY hungry.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #34  
Just Me

Oh I should've mentioned, yesterday was the first time I tried Tai Chi. I bought a DVD and I have to say that it is harder than it looks! My DF and I might not be doing Aikido after all but we are looking at doing something else. The reasoning is that all the Aikido Dojos are far from where we live and from our experience, we probably wouldn't go as much as we'd want to. There are Wu Shu/Kung Fu Dojos near us as well as Karate Dojos so we might do those. One of the Wu Shu/Kung Fu Dojos near us offers Tai Chi and it looks pretty good. I've been wanting to try Tai Chi out for a while and I figured I would want to try it out at home before trying it out in a studio.

Ok so for the weekend...
I pledge not to go to our local italian market/sandwich shop. I love that place, they have subs with the best bread ever. The subs have salami, ham and provolone in them. DF and I have been splitting a sub every weekend... They are good but oh so bad.

I am also going to be mindful of what I eat in general over the weekend. If we eat out, I'll be picky instead of just getting anything. I've been getting a bit too liberal with our eating out and I need to nip it in the bud! Maybe we'll go to the Mongolian BBQ. The place isn't too bad considering you can eat a lot of veggies. I just have to watch what sauces I use.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #35  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Way to go with the clean eating you brides-to-be! \

2Fru – Remind me not to meet you in any dark alleys.

nelie – I love homemade seitan, and now that I have a food processor to do the kneading I’ll be making it lots more. I love Mongolian BBQ! I went to the one in Bethesda last July when I was in the area for a wedding. I learned that they have a reduced price for vegetarians! I’m pretty sure that is a new policy, too bad they didn’t have that when I lived just up Wisconsin Ave. Anyway, if you want to go totally veg you can save some $$$ there too. WTG with the tai chi, I’ve always thought that looked really relaxing and soothing.

Sounds like everyone’s mostly doing great getting in the workouts and eating clean, nice!

I’m feeling back to myself. The schedule at my gym is in a bit of an upheaval with the new fall season and instructors being shuffled around, but that should be all sorted out soon. There hasn’t been any evening spinning in 2 weeks. I’m getting a little sick of the elliptical so I hope things are back to normal like they say they will be this next week. I missed yoga class on Mon since it was a holiday and never really made up for it. Perhaps I’ll find an hour to do some at home in the next couple of days so I don’t go back to class next Mon too stiff.

There’s a football game tomorrow and a friend’s birthday gathering on Sunday, and I’m imposing a stiff 2 beer limit per event. It might be hard but it is totally necessary.

Happy weekend with clean eats to all!
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:51 AM   #36  
aka Superwoman!

Had very clean week since Sunday. Scales still stuck though I'm even fitdaying to make sure I don't eat too much. Sigh.

I can't see any changes either - but I might measure in a moment.

Today I've got kickboxing (just helping), ikea and the florist to contend with. Gah! Busy day. Want to stay in bed, but unfortunately my body has other ideas since I was awake at 6.30am!
Old 09-09-2006, 08:46 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Hey guys, the blister is shrunken today to where I think I can slap the bandaid on and resume cardio! So I'll just count yesterday as my one day off and get back onto things today. Have dd's first soccer game of the season today, gosh how I love those things. She's been with this group of girls since KG (second grade now) and it's a good group of parents and fun to watch how the girls have grown up.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:57 AM   #38  
Mel

Good morning, gang
My first client canceled, so I've a few minutes before heading off to the gym for my cardio then 1 training session.

Food was horrible this week, but workouts were on. Hmmm...why can't I get the food part back? I cruised along for YEARS without too many problems, but now every other day is a problem. I'd say I'll stay clean today, but dh and I are going out to dinner at a very upscale restaraunt which is a rarity for us, so I know I'm not going to order a plain salad and naked fish That's assumng any of my clothes fit Just reality. Tomorrow....

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:15 AM   #39  
Just Me

Shan - that is the Mongolian BBQ we go to, the one in Bethesda! They also have one in Tustin, CA (near the IKEA off the 5) and maybe other parts of So Cal. I don't know if you have been to BD's in California or not. It is 2 dollars less without meat, which is what I did last time we went. Maybe you can give me some tips about homemade seitan, I didn't know what it was supposed to look like and the outside was all soft and spongy. It reminded me of a sea cucumber. I did pan fry it into small chunks for my casserole though and it didn't taste too bad.

hrbabe - if you do happen to go to Patapsco, we start our hike on the most bottom parking lot. There is a blue blazed trail that goes down to the river and through a tunnel under railroad tracks, you make a left and you will run into a swinging bridge, if you cross the swinging bridge, there is another trail up to waterfalls. Overall it is very nice. Then on the way back you can go the same way you came or after you go back through the tunnel, you can cross the stream and the stream will be on your right. There is a red blazed trail that follows the stream. You will eventually see a white blazed trail which will cross the stream and go up towards the parking area. You will cross one road but don't take it, keep going on the white blazed trail until you see another road, which if you go to the right will lead you to the tire playground and near where you parked. I bought a trail map so that I wouldn't get lost but they have them posted at different points in the park.

Good news. I weighed on the scale today and it is less than I've ever seen, literally. I guess the kicking my butt into gear helped. I think I'm at 265 and maybe even 264 but my scale is funky and I don't use it for official weighing.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:46 PM   #40  
Just Me

Hi all,

I didn't do too bad today. I went for a hike at Antietam National Battlefield. It was interesting but it was hot! The hike was supposed to be 4.5 miles but we got lost at one point and ended up being about 5 miles instead. I also ate out but didn't do too badly. We went somewhere and split a plate. I ordered grilled catfish and they brought me fried catfish! I about died... but then they brought me grilled catfish but didn't take away the fried catfish. DF sampled the fried catfish and I waited patiently for my grilled catfish.

I told DF tomorrow there is NO eating out
Old 09-09-2006, 11:16 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Oh my Nelie, I can't imagine hiking today! Our soccer was at high noon and we literally sat there melting. 91 plus the humidity must have put it at 96 or so! Awful! But soon we'll be sitting there with blankets wrapped around ourselves - that's what I kept telling myself to get thru our hour of misery today.

Thanks for the hints on the Patapsco. I had NO idea the area there had that much to offer. How exciting. Just hearing about swinging bridges, tunnels, and waterfalls, I know my kids will love it!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote