Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 08:25 AM   #16  
Mel

Beautiful!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:10 AM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Frus,
That dress is beautiful. Don't worry, you'll lose those lbs. I haven't bought my under clothes yet because I want to wait a couple months to see how much weight I can lose. I think I need to be on buff brides Although I don't know if that show still exists any more.

My abs are super sore today from my Push workout last night. It looks like I was a second place winner in the contest so I'll be able to get 3 months free of Push. I'm glad, I need something to do at home because I get too lax when I don't get a chance to go to the gym. I would love to get under 250 before my wedding but that is 24 lbs in a little over 3 months so we'll see
Old 08-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #18  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Fru-gorgeous....love the way the halter look accentuates your nice shoulders.

Still achey from yesterday's UB...did a goodly amount of LB this am, will do my cardio tonight after I finish with my clients. Feeling good, sleeping ok and back in my routines. There's something to be said for nothing exciting happening....just sticking to routine and staying on target.

Nelie, got the SuperRx book from the library to see if I like it. Hope your sinuses clear up.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #19  

Hi LWL,

Frus - you look so gorgeous in that dress!!

Queit day today, no work, kids at home, still getting over the jetlag. Incredible how long this takes. I have unfortunately gained when on holiday, and now I'll have to get it off. very difficult as i am still zombied from the jet lag & headache & TOM.
XH is acting up again, this time about the house. It took today & yesterday but now I am conviced that no matter what it end up like, if we have to move it is no big deal. Plenty of other houses to be bought. This house has its pro's and con's, and other houses will have them as well. It seems to me that XH is still trying for some reason or other to get me. It did not work out with the kids, it did not work out with the money, so now he is trying to get me with the house. That's OK, I am not getting excited over it. Staying here is OK and leaving here ditto.

I have come a long way, I did a great holiday with the kids and nobody can take that away from me.

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
Old 08-02-2006, 01:00 PM   #20  
Working My Way Back Down

Morning all! The cats let me sleep last night so the world is looking much better.

Frus - the dress is gorgeous!! No sweat about losing a little more - or just go "commando" (do you use that term in the UK?)

Rabbit - I like your attitude about XH. You can't control his attitude, only your response to it - and your response is great! :hugs: I agree about the jet lag, and the older we get the harder it is to get over.

Not much news here. Just plugging away so I can be gone for a week. My biggest concern at home is the garden - so much is ready for harvesting and I just hate to see it go by with nobody eating it. I did recruit a friend's kids to pick my raspberries as they are ripening daily. Their mom says she'll freeze them - we'll see if there's any left to be frozen after teenagers get to them. At least they won't go to waste.

Exercise is hit or miss these days. At least once I'm actually on vacation there will be lots of walking, swimming, etc. Plus the hotel I'm in for the conference has a super workout room.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:22 PM   #21  

Mel....I am assuming the new gym company hired you on? That's good, has the aggravation ended? Do you like the new company?

Rabbit--your attitude is so great! Good for you not letting the X get your goat. He's probably jealous because your doing so well. Yay for you, boo hiss for him.

Pat, raspberries, yum! We had them long ago, along with blueberries, but the birds always ate more than us....always figured there was enough to share.

Nelie, what is PUSH?

Susan
Old 08-03-2006, 04:16 AM   #22  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Go rabbit - you rock!

Pat , yeah commando was a thought!

I'm super-sleepy today, I think it's last weekend catching up with me. I'm feeling a little buggy too - a bit of a sore throat. Oh I made an appointment with the Dr about my shoulder - on 21st August. I can either take that appointment then, or go round at 8.15am to beg for an appointment on the same day We'll see, I have the day off work on Monday so I might go round in the morning if it's playing up over the weekend.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:44 AM   #23  
Just Me

Susan (am) - Push is the online personal training DVD program. Where they send you DVDs monthly which are supposedly incrementally more challenging. I started on level 2 out of 4 levels. My mistake is basically it worked muscles I don't work out as much but should, like my abs. There is a free trial (4.95 s&h) from 3fatchicks. http://www.push.tv/3fatchicks I signed up for the trial just to see what it was about. My abs and butt are still sore and I like it!
Old 08-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #24  

I am so satisfactorily fried, I just love it! Two heavy duty UB sessions this week...found that the second session I am not lifting as many reps or as heavy as the first...obviously I am tre' out of shape. But the aches feel soooo good. Finally feel like I am in a routine that will work. however....can I keep it up? I am not known for my staying power. Things just seem to get in the way.

I decided last night to finish up with the two sets of pt clients I have and quit working at the gym. That way I can focus on studying for my ACE exam in November, and try to work towards getting my own clients. I have an AAAI/ISM certification, am taking a special Arthritis certification class this month, then the Strong Women workshop, so those plus the ACE, if I can pass, should get me started on my own, or through some sort of valid organization. The gym thing was just getting me down....no way to specialize in having clients with special needs, which is what I want...and because I am only part time, being at the bottom of the barrel as far as getting clients most times. I have a certain amount of angst about it...what other gym or organization will hire a 63 year old woman?...but I'm going to have to take that chance.

And I need to keep in mind that the process is half the fun...getting myself in shape, getting the knowledge base I need....what a wonderful journey I'm on!
Old 08-03-2006, 03:27 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

So, our temperature is 100 right now, with heat index, 106. This week, I've seen the car thermometer register as high as 106 in real degrees when we've either been driving facing the sun or upon leaving the parking lot. During regular driving it hovers right around 100 - blech. But there is a mild breeze today, and while it's still hot wind blowin at you, it's better than the muggy stillness of plain humidity. It's all supposed to break tonite, but what I've realized is, is that if you keep your fluids up, you do adjust. I used to always keep my house set at 76-77 or I was miserable. I have it cranked up to 80 inside this week to help out on the power drain and it's not so bad. I guess when it's still 20 degrees cooler than what it is outside, your body is still happy.

Needless to say, wanting to work up a sweat or move more than absolutely necessary, in weather like this is NOT a priority. There's always September!!
Old 08-04-2006, 03:36 AM   #26  

Hi LWL,

It is very quiet in the house. The kids just left for a 2 week holiday with XH. I have to get used to this, I realise, but it is still VERY quiet and strange. We are going to mis each other in a huge way, especially after haveing holiday together for the past weeks. They have their mobile phones with them, we can text and phone each other, we will be in contact.

Now is the time to focus on my next priorities; clean out mess, get myself back into gear, loose the weight I gained on holiday, and get back into excercise. I have an appointment with my lawyer at noon, so also time to check out how to handle the rest of this divorce.

By january 2007, I will be out of this mess and rid of XH.

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
Old 08-04-2006, 04:09 AM   #27  
aka Superwoman!

Rabbit, what a great OPPORTUNITY to fully pamper yourself and think about YOU for 2 weeks. You can do all your meditation CDs, get to the gym, keep the house tidy, eat clean, sort out things with your lawyer. Oh you lucky thing!

I'm feeling below par - a little chest cold has crept my way this week. Hopefully still doing my purple belt tomorrow, but must check with the boss man to see if he's still ok about it and whether I go to a BBQ will depend on how I can arrange my day tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:00 AM   #28  
dgpebbles

Hello ladies...sorry I've been missing..I feel bad asking to join in we you and then disappearing....I've been having to work late everyday this week...We are having corporate visirs today and I've been trying to make everything perfect...I haven't be able to get in any exercise this week...I can't wait till to day is over and I can get back on track... Boy do I miss my workouts...

Frus--Your dress looks wonderful on you...your day will be perfect..Hope you feel better soon and good luck on getting your purple belt...I know you must be excited..

Rabbit-I know its hard when your kids leave but like frus said enjoy the time for yourself...go do some things for you and have fun

Nelie-thanks for sharing about push..I may have to try it too..
Old 08-04-2006, 09:59 AM   #29  
Just Me

The heat is killing me but I'm surviving. For some reason, I can't seem to sleep well lately. It is really taking its toll on me.

I did do my workout last night which was a Push Cardio workout. It was interesting as it was a blend of martial arts and yoga. I enjoyed it and since I knew I wasn't going to be able to go to the gym, it was good I got something in for exercise.

This morning I was staring at myself in the mirror and I realized that one of my back rolls disappeared. I used to have 2 back rolls on one side and then I realized one was missing. There is a line there that shows where the back roll was but the roll itself is gone.

I'm kind of annoyed at myself just because I am being a little impatient with my weight loss. I know it is important to not rely on the scale for loss but damnit I want to be in the 260s. More than that I want to be 264. Even more than that, I want to be in the 250s. Basically, I have to trust what I'm doing is working and I need to give my body time to do what it needs to do.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:33 AM   #30  
aka Superwoman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie
I'm kind of annoyed at myself just because I am being a little impatient with my weight loss. I know it is important to not rely on the scale for loss but damnit I want to be in the 260s. More than that I want to be 264. Even more than that, I want to be in the 250s. Basically, I have to trust what I'm doing is working and I need to give my body time to do what it needs to do.

I feel your pain!! This is really where I am right now. I've been eating REALLY clean for 1.5 whole days and I need to see results NOW DAMMIT! We're talking no starchy carbs AT ALL! Not even a sneaky treat of chocolate, not a bite of bread, not a SNIFF or cereal, no oatmeal or potatoes. It's easier than I thought, but I thought it would bring better results! The scales are being stubborn and that's probably because I've "only" been kickboxing and not lifting and running too. I'm taking this week as an easy week though since I'm feeling below par. Next week it's all systems go!
Closed Thread