Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 10-26-2005, 06:31 PM   #16  
Ilene the Bean

Silver -- So sweet of you to ask about my father ... We will know definitely on Monday how well he is, we go see the oncologist then to get the results of his PSA test which is the first one since the radiation. We are all anxiously awaiting the results ... Maybe prayers would be a good idea too ... But as for how he is feeling, he looks great and feels fabulous, he seems to be back to his ole self, his colours are awesome and he keeps busy around the house constantly. DH is installing a gas fireplace, this is our Anniversary and Christmas gift to ourselves, and my Dad is already here help DH along... My Dad is an excellent carpenter and we have several things in the house made by him and he enjoys making stuff so much, he's so meticulous too that everything is perfect when Dad makes it...

Today I actually worked! I enjoyed it, it was at a high school where I was replacing for 3 years, it was nice to see everyone again... I ran 5k at 4pm and tonight is swimming... So all is good......
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:53 AM   #17  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

silverbirch, I had a goats cheese and caramelised red onion tart. Then Jam roly poly!

I forgot to give mum her workout schedule before she went home (this morning!) so I'm going to have to post it! Which means that I can get her a lovely note book to write it all in and spend time doing it properly!

I'm pooped today! Feeling a bit dizzy and wierd! Hmmmm! Gotta go to a swimming pool to test out a chair that I've designed, hope I make it ok!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:09 AM   #18  

hi LWL,

Silverbirch, 2F - there is definitely a swimming pool theme in the UK ! Silverbirch , have fun in the pool!. 2F - What kind of chair did you design to use in a Pool??? Is this like to go swim in a wheelchair?

Ilene - Good to hear your Dad has progressed. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Good for you also on the work. Is this job thing a one time or a more permanent replacement?

I feel very tired this morning. I lowered the meds again yesterday and I expect to feel down for some days while I adjust. If not, I wrote a command to self in my agenda to increase again.

Yesterday the kids & I went to my husbands new location to have dinner. It was a bit weird, but I managed to keep my temper and act civilised. What I noticed though is that my son is REALLY mad at his dad for choosing another woman over him & his sister & NOT giving our family a second chance. I had spent the better part of yesterday afternoon on repairing my aged portable radio-CD player. I had to take it apart, desolder a faulty switch for the CD player, desolder a good switch for a feature I never use, and solder the good switch in the location of the bad one. This for me is a difficult thing & I was very proud that I managed it. I told this to XH, and typically his reaction was that I could have gone to town to buy a new switch (at much larger investment of my time of course). And guess what, I was able to shrug it off. Only my son took the comment hard, and did so again at another occasion.

Well, I'm off for a rest. I went to work again this morning and I can really feel that although I am better than before, I am certainly not recovered yet. After working for 3 hours I am physically exhausted & need an afternoon nap. I can just squeeze it in before my son comes home from school.

Have a great day all,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:26 AM   #19  
Ilene the Bean

Rabbit -- Boy you are so nice! Firstly I would NOT have gone to the XH with the kids to see the new home, NO WAY! Bitter as I can be I would want NOTHING to do with it. I would be only civilised with the man around the kids for the sake of the kids, that's it that's ALL! but that's just me, like I said you're a much nicer person than I am...I guess it runs in the family my brother has not spoken to his XW since they split up almost 30 years ago. Even at their son's weddings they did not speak, they never made a scene, but never spoke...

The job was only for the day I'm a temp secretary with the school board...They did ask me to work today but I had to refuse because we are going to Ottawa for my semi-annual eye check up... We will make a day of it like we usually do...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 05:15 PM   #20  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Trying out my new signature. Like it says, it is so true. Thanks, funniegrrl.

An almost exercise-free day today. I should try to work out something unobtrusive to do whilst I'm tied up with other people. Apart from pelvic floor exercises (always valuable), I can't think of any. Any ideas?

Terrible day in the food department. This stemmed from no mid-morning snack worth speaking of. I had expected to be given something at the place I was and got nothing. An apple later in the car just doesn't do the business. Where is the protein in that? We live and learn, I suppose (but I thought I'd learnt this lesson before).

Sleep. It's so important when emotional stuff is washing around like a force 10 gale. Even when it's just a light breeze. I must hit the sack now myself.

Have googled the bosu ball. What a laugh! I wish we had one at my gymn.

Thinking of your dad, Ilene, and of you, rabbit.

Love, Silverbirch.

PS Swimming again tomorrow, I hope, but the Boy has just told me at bedtime that he is tired of being a human and would like to be a deer. Not sure if they go swimming. They must paddle, surely.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:55 AM   #21  
aka Superwoman!

silverbirch, your Boy sounds cool! A deer! Would he have a red nose? I think deer at least paddle!

rabbit, it was a chair that was made to measure for a little boy. It attached to a wheelchair that can be wheeled into the pool so he can go off for a swim. It's so they can wheel him into the pool without having to hold him upright while they push his chair!

Went to the snow dome at Milton Keynes yesterday to see a test-run of a new "mono-ski" that was built here. What fun! It was a day full of jollies yesterday!

Got lots of paperwork to catch up with today and a belt to make and phone calls to make.. busy day! Trying to get everything sorted for our monthly review.

Went to double kickboxing last night. Ate cleanly too Was a bit tired and thought that I might only stay for 1 lesson, but I pushed through and managed them both. I was only working at about 75% though!

Just going to chill out tonight, eating planned today so should be ok! Then I have a kickboxing lesson tomorrow and I'm spending Sunday in bed! YAHOOOOO!
Old 10-28-2005, 05:15 AM   #22  

hi LWL,

I am tired again this morning. if this persists I'm upping the meds again tomorrow. That said, yesterday really was very tiiring. To make things worse, i was so stressed up from an overfull day that I forgot it was my turn to pick up my son from his field hockey training. Luckily he and his friend managed to phone his friends mother and she brought them home. They all said never mind but I am shocked at and blame myself. New vow: do NOT do anything extra on thursday as that is a very stressfull day with work, drawing & gymnastics club for my daughter and field hockey for my son.

Silverbirch - I am sure that deer do swim. Wasn't there a scene in bambi that the deer swam away from the forest fire? maybe too traumatic for Boy (how old is he ?)

2F - sounds like you have a great job, making things.

Ilene - I can see my husbands point of view. It is based on 2 enormous thinking errors, namely that someone else is responsible for your happiness and that you have to earn love, but if you accept these errors, than he acts in line. I think that in his view, we were responsible for his happiness and he worked very hard to earn our love. And of course we failed to make him happy. So now his new love does make him happy, and he leaves us and goes to her. It is a supremely egoistic stand, and it is based on wrong ideas, but in his mind he is doing the right thing. For me and the kids it is easier to think of it like that the dad we knew all those years has dissapeared somehow in this spring. From that time he has lied to us and cheated us, and that really makes me hopping mad still. But I'll leave that to the therapist. We are due again next monday, main theme is to work out something temporarily for the kids.

It is glorious weather out here, much too warm for the end of october.

Have a great day all,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 07:52 AM   #23  

Quick post to let you all know I am doing fine. I have now had 3 tests, 1 positive for MS and the other 2 normal. This means I go on with my life, gather back my strength and stamina and see if I ever have another attack. Meanwhile, eat clean, work out (as energy will allow) and live life well. I am OK with giving up the marathon and looking forward to spending that weekend still in Las vegas but enjoying my friends and family and cheering on those buddies of mine who are running. I'll still hold off on the martini until after the race

DH and I are off to a wedding in Lake Placid this weekend - hope leaves are still at peak. rabbit - keep your head up; you are doing great. Talk to you all next week.

Oh, and would someone tell craicgirl to get some real food - brown rice, veggies, fruit, how about some beans and whole wheat pasta? Plenty of vegetarian protein sources (I do eat dairy and fish, too) but she needs some quality carbs and how about fat? Real food rules! I'll post more to her when I get back.

'Toodles
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:30 PM   #24  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

2F - yes, the Boy is cool. He's 5. We did our blue whale/dolphin/carp routine in the pool, followed by a lot of kicking on sea monster step. When you're five, exercise is fun. End of story. Interesting to hear about your chair for the pool, especially as I was describing the kind of person who might use the sit-on seat in the shower today.

Rabbit - time for a confession from me. Just between ourselves. I have never seen Bambi. ....

Ellen - I'm so pleased for you!

So, the swimming worked well today. I can really feel it in the legs. Food was so-so. Sleep was passable. Tomorrow is another day. I'll take a leaf out of Ilene's book and ask myself what exercise I'm going to do tomorrow. I could do 'running after someone on a bike'. That might be better than 'tennis'.

Clean eats please, everyone. That means you too, Silverbirch!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 04:16 AM   #25  
aka Superwoman!

Yessir! I did have clean eats! I only ate half my restaurant chicken and bacon sandwhich! And I brought the rest home... I MIGHT eat it today although I might just not too!

Had a great day yesterday, all my favourite things! Kickboxing, shopping, subway sandwich, more shopping, nice dinner out

Going for clean till the end of the month!

Is amazingly sunny today. I might get out in the world if I can be bothered! Although I might just lie on the sofa with my book for a bit, then do some stretching!
Old 10-30-2005, 02:42 PM   #26  
Working My Way Back Down

Hi there LWL!

I'm am back from my conference, which was great! Food was so-so - good b'fasts (turkey, lf cheese in my room, then fruit and coffee they provided), reasonable lunches (lots of salad) but dinners, while tasty were lots more than I needed. Not that that stopped me, mind, but still. . . Today is clean so far. Making a lentil-veggie stew type thing for dinner.

Wonderful to see you all and catch up on the news. My foot is much better and I will be back at tomorrow, and hope to go for a long walk this afternoon for some cardio.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote