Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 10-05-2005, 08:58 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I DID IT!!! I DID IT!!! I GREW UP!!!!! I LOVE cereal and I have been missing eating it because of the milk. Well, today I finally got up the nerve, bought some soy milk and tried it with Splena and half a bowl of cereal and it was GOOD! I don't need the cow afterall.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:11 PM   #17  
Mel

LOL, my problem is the cereal itself I tend to want a whole lot more than the 1/2 cup that is one serving for most. I Just found "Kashi Go Lean Crunch". A serving size is ONE cup and has 9 grams of protein and 190 calories. I've been mixiing it with a 1/2 cup of lowfat cottage cheese and it's delicious and big. The cereal still stays crunchy, and the whole thing has the consistency of cookie dough.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 03:55 AM   #18  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I had Musli this morning! I put half a cup in my teeny tiny bowl and it filled it up so much there was no room for the milk! So I took half out and only had quarter of a cup! Yay me!

Had a lovely weights workout last night. Took less than 30mins to complete! I like it!

Then a really early night to prepare for my double trouble kickbox tonight! WAHEY!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:20 AM   #19  

I lifted yesterday, and feel sore in the shoulders today (good sore not bad sore) so went for a swim for an hour and a half this morning, I don't feel sore now!!!

I had toast and low fat cream cheese for breaky, couldn't face oatmeal this morning, I think more to the point I didn't feel like milk this morning! My asthma is playing up this week (I caught dh's cold) so staying off the milky stuff.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:03 AM   #20  

Finally tried the TOM pancakes (cottage cheese, egg whites, oatmeal and Splenda). Wow! Really good -- hit the spot and: 201 calories; 24 g protein; 2 g fat. Makes for a good start!

Today is chest/triceps/shoulders and cardio.

I'm down to 1000 - 1200 calories a day and still not losing. I can see some change in my body, but still holding onto that mid-life "belly fat". I have to keep reading Meg's story to remember that it CAN be done!

Luanne
mscelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:38 AM   #21  

Morning all. I had a hard time getting out of the bed this AM, until I remembered today isn't a gym day, its a Billy day. Those are cool cause I just have to put on socks shoes and an exercise bra. My PJ shorts are fine to work out in. Got in my egg whites with salsa for breakfast and I'm ready to hit the day!
I think I will use cereal as my snack in between getting home from work and heading back out the door to cheer practice. Its quick and I like it.

Tiki.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:57 AM   #22  
aka Superwoman!

I like the sound of cheer practice - if only we had it over here... Actually if only we didn't cos I would've been heartbroken at being too fat to make the cheer squad every year! I'm going to move to the US when I'm thin and join an adult cheer squad! Can we say PEP?

Just getting one of the boys to fix my bikey! The gear lever FELL OFF! I had to ride for about a mile in 1st gear with the gear lever trailing on the floor! So much for modern technology! I shall take it out for a test drive to get the petrol that I went out for in the first place!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:57 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Tiki .... I eat cereal with no fat soy milk in the evenings sometimes when my calories are low. I love it too!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:37 AM   #24  

Hi,

About food and where it comes from. About two weeks ago I purchased tomatoes from local farmers market. We started to eat them (I am tomato addict) and I realized that often after eating I am not feeling well. Like i was feeling like drugged or drunk (not that I ever was drugged or drunk but that is what I think drugged or drunk people feel like). After about 4 days and last tomato left I was taking it from the basket and realized that it had huge yellow spots coming from within and kind of growing into the surface. I cut it and figured out it is some kind of chemical which obviously does not show up right away but comes out with time???

Anyways, as soon as I stopped eating those tomatoes I started to feel much better after the meal and it actually pushed me to order from company which deliveres organics straight home. First I thought it is way to expensive but when my order arrived I found out it is a LOT of healthy veggies as well as some soy milk, organic butter and organic sour cream. My picky eater-kids ate apples in no time, they even tried sprouted bean mix! And sour cream is to die for (it is NOT fat free but I can not use more than one spoon of milk products anyways). Soy milk (I drink soy milk usually, but not this brand) was so yummy!

So I think we will stick with this company - at least I will not worry about quality of producs and as well I will not worry about chemicals my family puts into the mouth.

After telling that - I baked my own whole wheat bread at home (my kids eat only home made bread or multi grain rolls which I could not buy this week) and woke up today to the smell of the freshly baked loaf! Have to say - ate half of the piece with organic almond butter and topped with All bran cereal (2 tea spoons). It was delishious... The only good thing is that I only bake once in a while

Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Bi's, tri's and I still haven't found my notebook. I just read backwards here and realised that I should have done abs too. I guess I'll do abs in front of Survivor tonight.
It's my DH's birthday so I ate gravy and peas with him. Not bad but not as clean as I'd like.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 12:54 AM   #26  

Hey, everyone - I haven't been around for a while. Things have been busy but good. I've kept up the weights and cardio, but the food has been off-and-on. I think I'll join the Halloween challenge and get my butt back in gear. Hope everyone's having a good October.
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:40 AM   #27  
aka Superwoman!

Hello!

Sash - I totally agree with you, Organic stuff is the yummiest! That might get me down to our lovely Borough market for some food this weekend!

Double kickboxing last night. Wasn't really in the mood and sciatic nerve is playing up. I'm not impressed! I could hardly walk when I got home! Going to concentrate on my posture today at work and try my very hardest not to slouch!

Going ok with the eats so far and sneaky peaked at the scale but not telling in case it curses it for next week!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:21 AM   #28  

WOOHOOO!!!!! It's Friday!!! Had my healthy egg white breakfast, lunch is sitting on my desk, waiting for noon, and I feel GREAT!!!! I couldn't be in a bad mood today if I tried to. Can we all say I LOVE ENDORPHINS!?!?!?!?!?!

2F, you better not slouch today. Sit up straight, chin high and shoulders back. No more reports from you talking about "Wasn't really in the mood" for double kickboxing. One more of those and I'll sic that mean chick from your class on you!

Hiya LKTS, good to see you around. I think October is going to be a powerful month for all of us.

Okay, gotta go do some work. Bye!!!

Tiki.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:28 AM   #29  
aka Superwoman!

YESSIR! No slouching so far! Revving myself up for day3split!

Here's to October! May all our fitness dreams come true!

I'm boredboredbored! Wannagohome! Just another hour and a half! Then I can go shopping for my weekend picnics! YAY!

: for everyone's PLAN this weekend!
Old 10-07-2005, 11:49 AM   #30  

I've had the week off this week, I went to the gym and did my weights this morning, I swum 50 lengths or so, which is my most every and I really enjoyed it. My asthma is 100% better today!!! NO darth vader impersonations in the pull, and I didn't have to jump out to get my medication I hate that!!! I've had attacks in the pool a couple of times, but I never seem to attract the attention of the lifeguards and have to rescue myself!!!

I had a little non scale victory last night. My very non-gym oriented dh came and washed my back whilst I took a bath last night, and said how fabulous and toned my shoulders and back are looking!!! Bless!!!

And on Sunday, we're going to Turkey!!!! I am so excited!!!! I get to live in a swimsuit for a week!!!! Hope the world is ready for my thunder thighs!!! Why does it take so long for my legs to look anything like normal??? Yeah I know, coz I'm fat!!! Hehehehe.

The hotel has a weeny gym area, so I'll read up on stumptuous to get lots of ideas for dumbells. No slacking with the exercise on holiday, but I make no promises on the eating front - hence not joining the Halloween challenge!!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote