Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 08-31-2005, 02:59 PM   #1  

Default Strength training Video

Hi everyone...... Im nw here... and i love this forum. I recently decided to start on exercise routine and want to do strength training with free weights.

Can anyone please tell me of some good at home vidoes for this purpose...Im anxious to get started but dont know of any good ones.

Thank for your help.

Christine
HyeCleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 10:39 PM   #2  

Hi Christine, I have Kathy Smith's Lift Weights to Lose Weight and Denise Austin's Personal Training System. They both have their drawbacks. Kathy does these shreaking, whooping things, and Denise is just perky, perky. Both of them have beginner, intermediate and advanced levels, so you can customize your workouts. But I think I like Denise's the best. I read that the Strength Training for Dummies is pretty good, and very basic. I'm a beginner, too and I know that just starting out can be intimidating.

Dinah
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 12:42 AM   #3  

Thanks Dinah for the reply.... i bought Denise Austins Personal Training and i really liked it... i was on low intensity the whole way and that still worked me up.... i also realized how uncordinated i was during the cardio section...hopefully i will master it soon enough. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Now i need to figure out a diet and how to keep my motivation up everyday...uggg!!!!

Christine
HyeCleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 08:28 PM   #4  

Hi Christine, sorry I just saw your response. I don't like the cardio portion of the dvd, but I do like the lower/upper/abs part. I just can't get my feet to do what she's doing! So I stick to WATP for cardio.
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:40 PM   #5  
one leg press at a time

I highly recommenf The Firm and Cathe, and Fitprime
The first 2 have workouts that combine weights/cardio and also ones that are targeted for weight training only and they give excellent form pointer of what to and what not to do.
Fitprime workouts rely heavily on weights, but also combine minimum cardio, some yoga and some pilates (hence fusion workouts.)
For more info on these, here are links to the sites
http://www.firmdirect.com/
http://www.cathe.com/
http://www.whfn.com/index.php?
Firmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote