Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 08-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #16  
Mel

I've also read that excess protein consumption is hard on the kidneys and can lead to osteoporosis. However, if your body is using it, what is excess?

I've done a lot of reading, and my conclusion from it is to get enough dietary calcium (you don't need dairy, you can get it from lots of other sources) and drink water! Regardless of whether or not guzzling water aids in weightloss or is a myth, it's good for your kidneys. My husband just suffered through two weeks of on and off kidney stone attacks and it's the number one instruction that his doctor stressed: to keep your kidneys healthy, keep them busy

Most bodybuilders that I know eat 40-50% protein. A very few, usually guys who can eat a lot of carbs without getting fat, eat 35%, but that's low to maintain let alone build muscle mass.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:47 PM   #17  

Thanks for all your input! My yesterday's record at the end of the day was 38% - so I am trying hard and hopefully will figure out what to eat in order to get to 40%. Today morning I started my day (first time in my life) with protein shake and later on went for a bike ride to work. Not only did I feel FULL of energy, BUT I also did my usual ride 6 minutes faster than I usually do (BTW, since I started to bike in May I bike at least 3 times a week and the difference is only 2 minutes most of the time, so 6 minutes is AMAZING). And I am still not hungry - hurray!

I figured that it is going to be little steps, but eventually I will get there and try how it feels - probably I will stop beeing hungry all the time

Thanks,
Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote