3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Fitness > Weight and Resistance Training

Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

I need Advice Please!!

Old 07-25-2005, 04:18 PM   #1

Default I need Advice Please!!

Hello Everyone! Well, I made a big step and joined a lovely ladies only Goodlife. They have beautiful machines/ very easy to adjust to my size. They also have a Fit X lifecycle circuit, free weights and ample cardio machines... airconditioned (so no excuse for hot days!) NOW some of you may remember that I am training for the military (Canadian) next year. Overall goal... lose 50 lbs by Jan29/2005 my 36 b-day. Be able to perform 7-10 FULL Off the toe MALE style pushups, Run 2.4 km in under 15 min and 12 or more situps in a minute. These are my pre-enrollment fitness requirements. My Dilema......
I went to visit a Personal Trainer at my gym. They make you feel like you will get 3x's the results 3x's faster than working on your own. I would love to have someone help me, but here is the kicker... they cost ALOT of money.... $52.00/ hr or $35.00 for 1/2 hr. To be effective, I'd think I'd at least need to book an hour (as I don't think much can be accomplished in 1/2hr!!) once or twice a week. That equals $1,200.00 once tax is added on for 20 sessions. I was planning on following BFL by myself fo awhile, but since talking to the trainer I am doubting I can meet my goals by myself. I want to meet my goals in as fast time as possible, and I am wondering if I will make greater strides with a PT. I could maybe squeeze together the $1000.00 but it would be hard. I am wondering if BFL will give me the strength needed to meet my goals, or if I should suck it up and hire a trainer for 20 sessions... That would have to be a one time investment because I could not afford to hire a trainer all the time!! I am feeling scared that maybe I won't be able to do this alone. Please tell me what you think I should do!!! Do I "INVEST" in a PT...or do you think I can do this on my own? Thanks for your help....
Marie
Old 07-25-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
Mel

Do you have any experience with weightlifting?
I think you can achieve your goals with BFL if 1) you are highly self-motivated and 2) STICK to the nutrition, cardio and truly challenge yourself with the weights.

If you don't have much experience but know that you can stick with it, purchase a few sessions and use them up front to learn exercise form. Do your workouts for a few weeks, then purchase a few more sessions to learn new exercises.

Best wishes

Mel

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

9 years at or under goal weight! Working Maintenance Everyday
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.