Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 07-05-2005, 05:16 PM   #1  
Bye bye baby weight!!

S/C/G: 242/233/150

Height: 5'5"

Default I feel like puking...

everytime I go to my strength training classes. I take a weight lifting class on Tues. & Thurs. and when I get home I usually have to throw up. I have tried eating a little piece of fruit about 30 min. before I go, eating a piece of toast before I go, what else can I try? I'm tired of puking twice a week please help.
leannealise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:30 PM   #2  

The only time that's happened to me is when I got my heart rate up too high. Could that be the problem?
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:55 PM   #3  
Bye bye baby weight!!

I actually thought that might be the problem because it started on a day when I was doing mostly legs. But now it happens EVERY time I go, no matter what I work or how hard I work. It sucks
Old 07-05-2005, 07:07 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Eat something 2 hours before not just 30 mins. It may just be too intense for something in your stomach... I've heard of bodybuilders doing that when they squat extremely heavy...I've felt sick but not actually puked after a workout...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 07:36 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 8"

Unhappy sick

I've only gotten sick from exercise a couple times. One was when I was younger and went to workout at the rec center for the first time. Me and my sister when and walk/ran a mile on their track then we went into the weight room and I tried every machine they had and totally over did it I got home and was sick to my stomach and had to lay down.

The other time was when I drank way to much water and got sick. My boyfriend use to get sick when he first started lifting weights and we figured out it was because he never drank enough water and was always dehydrated, he would get nauseous and light headed. Now he monitors what he drinks and eats a protein bar before he works out.
Sun_Flower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 01:08 PM   #6  
Bye bye baby weight!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Flower2
My boyfriend use to get sick when he first started lifting weights and we figured out it was because he never drank enough water and was always dehydrated, he would get nauseous and light headed. Now he monitors what he drinks and eats a protein bar before he works out.
Thanks girls!! I will try to eat a protein bar when my husband leaves for work (4am) and drink some water while I'm lifting. I'll let you know how it goes, my class is tomorrow