Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 06-27-2005, 10:10 AM   #1  

Default Strength Training again..lol

well its me again about strength training. i have to start eating more because my parents think i need to gain some weight back that i have lost. but i also want to gain some muscle. in the morning i do pilates for 20 minutes but then i wanna eat breakfast, is it okay to do some strength training exercises in the mid-afternoon and then eat like a snack or something. this is what exercises i do, i do 30 squates and 30 lunges, push ups, some butt thing, a leg workout, bicep curls, triceps, and more biceps. what other ones can i do.. i dont have dumbells yet. oh and i do my own ab workout. when should i do this and what other exercises can i do?? please help
hebert99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:00 PM   #2  

Hi, Hebert
Krista has a page on training without weights here - http://stumptuous.com/noweights.html - which might be useful for you.
LKTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:48 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Hebert -- If you are doing your pilates first thing in the morning, IMO you don't need to eat before... You should eat a healthy portion of lean protein (cottage cheese, egg whites, chicken breast, lean meat, scoop of whey protein powder) and a portion of unprocessed carb (1/2c rice, 1/2c oatmeal, 1/2c sweet potato) an hour or two before your workout if it's later in the day and right after your workout ... I doubt that the workout you are doing would gain much muscle mass... The pilates are very good as a core workout and the lunges and other exercises too... When you are doing your arm curls what do you use as a weight if you have no dumbells yet? Krista Smash has some great ideas...

Ask away any other questions you may have...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote